Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Just use the bluestacks trick, it's on the F1 tv thread. Though I thought Disney plus was like Netflix and didn't engage with play store purchasing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,157 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I'll check that out. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,759 ✭✭✭Inviere

Can anyone help me decipher the updated part of the OP, I genuinely can't understand it (have read it several times). Here's how I read it at the moment:

Opens with - "enter the payment method you wish to use when you move to your chosen country" what does this even mean?

1) sign up to Irish Netflix for a month, cancel, then let it lapse.

2) begin process of renewing sub

3) enter the payment method of chosen country (confused, what chosen country...only step 3 here... )

4) enter a genuine mobile number for account recovery.

5) cancel subscription (again??)

6) renew sub using a vpn via an incognito tab.

It also doesn't seem to mention these vouchers everyone is talking about, linked above.

I'm obviously reading it all arseways, can anyone help?

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Darby_321

Also trying to add my new Revolut card as back up card but keep getting error when trying to add. Did you manage to get it sorted out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭podge018

Having just loaded up a gift card I'm not sure why anybody would bother faffing about trying to get Irish bank cards to work. So easy and it automatically becomes default payment so I didn't even have to delete my expiring bank card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,157 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I think works out a little more expensive but with the currency so low at the moment its great value

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

I had it had setup with revolut, had 2 years left on my card but it's being replaced and can't seem to add another card without the Turkish phone number.

Just bought multiple 200TL vouchers form TUR for less than 80 euro. 70 something euro and I'm good now until april 2024. Going by Irish prices that would have cost me 503.76 euro.

A saving of 420-430 quid. Canny go wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Looks like Turkey are increasing price.

https://www.dailysabah.com/business/tech/netflix-hikes-prices-in-turkey-by-around-40

"Accordingly, the basic package fee, which was TL 26.99 ($1.83), increased to TL 37.99 ($2.58), the standard package fee was raised from TL 40.99 to TL 57.99, and the special package fee from TL 54.99 to TL 77.99."

Confirmed on netflix site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Quite hefty increases for them, still pretty cheap for us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

TL 77.99 works out at about €4.86 for the top package which is still along way from than the €20.99 being charged here.

I had problems adding my new Revolut card as a backup card a few pages back but eventually it accepted it after reducing my Revolut Euro wallet to zero. That way when it verified the new card by deducting a nominal amount it took it from my TL wallet. I think by default with Revolut it takes it in Euro first which was rejected by Netflix as it wasn't the country where I signed up. Youtubepremium has already worked with the new Revolut card so just Prime Video and Netflix both from Turkey to test and will know if a few days if they work or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

About a fiver all in with the increase. When I signed up a few years back that was about the price 5-7 euro depending on the Turkish rate.

I think I've watched one series on netfllix since it started about 20 odd years ago but I have to have it at that price 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭yrrag1974

All set up - just a note to say thanks to all the posters. Actually had my Revolut already set up on Irish account as payment method so it's still there on Turkish account. Anyway used vouchers and all set up til Sept.

Just one thing I came across that may help people. I bought 2 vouchers - input 1 at re-signup through the VPN and worked fine but when I went to add the second one it said error. Came out of VPN and logged in normally and voucher was accepted fine. No idea why that happened but may save someone else 5 mins of pain.

Cheers all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I've tried this twice today and both times it failed at payment. I didn't connect to VPN to do this, is this an issue? It lets me get to the point of the payment processing and then fails out - tried my Revolut and normal bank cards...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Was coming in here to see the best way to change my Revolut card as they're being updated.

Then remembered, I had changed it to Curve so the money can be charged to our Irish (joint) Credit Card.

So Curve might work for some.

• Advertisement

Randomly the order that failed changed its mind and processed, so I'm sorted to Christmas now...

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭living

After using 2 gift cards the page started to refuse the rest (I bought 5). I went to the chat and they redeemed the other 3 for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sorry if it was asked, but what time does the Netflix sub end? It still says it's the last day to stream even though it was due to expire on the 8th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Del007

I bought a code for 100 TL from there and tried to add it.

On Netflix, it's saying that the code entered is not valid, any idea why this is?

Thanks

Just thinking, could the OP be updated with the instructions for using the vouchers being discussed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

The Vouchers worked for me, and no need to use a VPN

However, on the voucher page, I did choose Turkey as the activation country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,741 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Strange...Cannot login via Turkey, says password is wrong (i know its not)

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,741 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Yeah, Ive tried various approached, different VPN, no joy, just says code is not valid, or rejected because of my gmail address. Must be tied to my previous credit card detail, which Netflix will not let me remove.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

My sub finally expired. So logged in, got to payment details but said problem with card even though was same Revolut I paid with last month.

So tried buying codes and code wasn't valid.

Will try again later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭bromley52

Get onto customer service ( chat if possible), they might be able apply it for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Netflix are testing new ways to stop people taking advantage of stuff like that, but it is not illegal. They were told that a couple of years ago.

There is more info about the tests that Netflix are doing linked a page or two back. My guess is that they are testing now, and it'll be back soon. As a side note, as it's not illegal to have visited Turkey, purchased a subscription and cam back to Ireland you can contact Netflix and ask them to reset your password or explain to them that you can't access your account with the correct credentials.

Do the g2a and turgame codes take a while to activate? Bought from both sites but none work.

I clicked to restart my membership, it asked for plan and payment details so same plan and same payment (Revolut) but problem with payment. So tried another payment method using the voucher code but said wasn't valid for 3 g2a and 1 turgame cards I tried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

I redeemed 5 100 lira giftcards from turgame in March and they worked perfectly. Apart from having to change profile every 2 cards

Do the gift cards lock in the price? When I added them it said I'm covered to December, but if they increase price will that move forward, or do I get the old price until cards run out?

• Advertisement

I'm having the same issue. Has it worked for you yet?

I ended up just buying 4 x 200TL vouchers and applying them. Should have me covered for 10 months at the highest quality. Cost me €67.63 for the vouchers. I was on the €14.99 p/m package, so saving €82.72 for a better package. If I was on the corresponding package, I would save €142.63

Not bad, not bad at all

The turgame voucher finally worked just now. None of the 3 g2a vouchers worked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

No they do not lock in the price. And they will move backwards not forward, forward is into January February so backwards would be October November.

Bought them yesterday morning. So still not working over 24 hours later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Payment taken today from my recently renewed Revolut card without issue. So happy days continue for a while yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 405 ✭✭Dingaan

Not sure if this is common knowledge. I got an email from Netflix this morning about a price increase. Increase from 55 to 78 on the top package. Still good value for us.

"We hope you’re enjoying everything Netflix has to offer. We’re updating our prices to bring you more great entertainment. Your monthly price will change to 77.99 TL on May 12, 2022."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Was posted few days ago here. Still cheaper than converted amount 6 months ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Anyone signed up for a new account via Turkey in last few days or everyone just renewing their subs?

If you did manage to sign up a new account - did it work through Revolut or the vouchers?

Thanks

Yesterday using voucher bought from Turgame, eventually. Revolut wasn't working. Have the card as the backup payment so will see next month if it works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭nedd

I just went to update my revolut card details, got a new card, and it's asking for a phone number to validate.

Anyone else get this? Asking for Turkish phone number.

Try the link in this post, or similar

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/118800180/#Comment_118800180

But as mentioned in the post and the one above it, it could be while testing and maybe posible to do at another time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

I've been trying to update my revolut card on the netflix site but keep being asked for a turkish mobile for confirmation text. How do you get around this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭SourSessions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Del007

I'm off to Turkey in a few weeks.

Should I open a new Netflix account from over there? Will I be able to add my revolut card from there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

You will need to get a Turkish PAYG sim card and have a unlocked phone for the sim card to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭CarProblem

Said I'd finally give this a go but same issue and I get "something went wrong" when I try reset my password too

Did you try login first in irish netflix then vpn then back to netflix and you should already be logged in

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭CarProblem

Thanks - I hadn't

This worked to restart membership an apply a 100TLR voucher, however (with Turkish VPN on) it's asking me for a postcode

Will it work without VPN & my own post code or do I need to use a random Turkish one?

Thanks in advance

• Advertisement
Advertisement