Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Masters 2022 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,578 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Lefty’s major win at nearly 51 will have influenced their consideration on an age cap. In the coming years, like footballers, top players will be able to stay near the top into their 40’s and even 50’s if they look after themselves. A considerable number of past champions may well qualify by virtue of being in the top 50/winners of tournaments if they stay in condition over the next 20 yrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Motivator

Scheffler’s display yesterday, on the back 9 especially was magnificent. Now, he rode his luck a few times but made the most of the breaks he got. He’s 5 clear but there’s an awful lot of golf to be played yet and conditions will be trickier today. I think if one of the lads (maybe more) at -2 can get a few birdies on the board early and bring it back to a 2 shot lead then it’ll definitely make it interesting.

Scheffler is a fabulous player but he’s still young. Sitting on that lead with 36 holes to play is not an easy thing to go I don’t care who the player is. We’ve seen in countless times with players in majors, get all the breaks one day and get none the next. Someone is going to come out of the pack and fire a 66 or 67 regardless of the conditions. Scheffler got up and down from everywhere yesterday, very hard to do that again and again doesn’t matter if you’re number 1 in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,390 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

McIntyre and Westwood in the same group today.

Sky will be insufferable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

At last a bit of perspective, lots of this is over posts last night, but it isn’t

• Registered Users Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Constantly calling him ‘Bob’ even though he does not refer to himself that way. Unbearable. I think they’re trying to create a goofball/great craic type of persona for him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Nowhere near being over. Wouldn't be over even if we were heading into R4 today. Great potential for birdies and bogeys (or better/worse) from holes 10 to 16 on Sunday - the magic of Augusta.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,916 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Anyone else having issues with the Masters app and website? I can't watch anything. I get source error on the app and it just keeps buffering on the desktop website.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,011 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Scheffler or the field?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Hoge's shot straight from the bunker in to the hole!! The sound of it was so sweet

Rory off to a shocker

How do you delete a post?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Bogey on the first which he got back on the 4th. Hardly a shocker.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,072 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

does anyone know what channel this is on? sky's coverage doesn't begin till 7.30 for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,011 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Sheffler certainly making hay while on his hot streak anyway. If he could just calm it down now and drop a few shots that'd be great

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

Are you familiar with the members of Augusta National?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Only scheffler moving on moving day

• Registered Users Posts: 4,995 ✭✭✭Xander10

Hits the putt ffs scheffler

Ha can tell it was bad when even the wife commented on that. He must have read my last post too

• Registered Users Posts: 17,627 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Just heard an interesting stat from McGinley on Rory. He said Rory is 4th on greens in regulation, but something like 44th on putting of the 52 players that made the cut.

• Advertisement

Lowry was unlucky with his birdie putt on 8, just caught the lip, a bit too pacey. And now Scheffler is going to make birdie on the same hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,508 ✭✭✭irishgeo

The masters is done already.

Big question is how big will the margin be? Could we see a challenge to Woods 97?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Not sure I’ll watch tomorrow if the lead is 6+. A level par round is all he will need

• Registered Users Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

You’d need to see his average distance to pin though for the approaches. That stat you listed doesn’t give full context

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

It's fairly boring right now. All credit to Scheffler though, he's playing exceptionally well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

He's been brilliant so far. I haven't much interest in watching a procession though.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭MattressRick

Is this what it was like watching majors when Woods was in his prime? Think he said himself the other day he led coming into the Sunday for every major win, or the masters wins at least

Think commentators were too stunned by the language to apologise there.

Might be a glimmer of a contest on here.

• Advertisement

Schwartzel has has had some very lucky breaks. Had he robbed a birdie there on the par 3 12th, that would have taken the p1$$, when he could have easily made 5 had his tee shot stayed up in the flowers.

Advertisement