Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media blocking news sites?

Options
  • 09-04-2022 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭

I'm with Virgin Media. Does anybody know if they censor web browsing, and if so, what are the general kinds of criteria?

I've had a bookmark in my browser for some time, and today when I load it I get an "Access Denied" error, with a URL of "https://www.virginmedia.ie/System/Block/999/38111162/tpb/".

For reference, the URL I'm trying to view is:

It's a news article from 2018 about a Swedish citizen being given access in aa library to missile information. All I can think of is that, judging by the URL, it's a Russian site. But that's hardly reason to block it.

I've checked, and on the Virgin Media website I've got my parental controls disabled.

Apologies if this is a well-discussed topic, I did search and found nothing.

Comments

Advertisement