Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recruitment 2021 (Closed)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Trojan01

Has anyone from previous intakes / recruitment campaigns known of officers transferring from England or Wales and if so what the process is for them after the Deloitte stages? E.g. have they been allocated a position in a “Fast Track” group? Has their vetting been completed quicker than the typical 3+ month timeframe? Just a general query on if anything is done to get them in ahead of others considering they’re already a substantive Police Constable and the PSNI face a continuous strain due to lack of uniformed officers. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 spudboy1999

From what I know, there is no transfer process for the PSNI. They recognise service on case by case basis meaning you might not have to complete a probationary period or complete a shortened probation. Apparently they respect your pay scale also.

I also have heard that any courses you may have completed within your current force (I.e. Standard Response Course etc) they may recognise but would imagine yet again case by case. As for vetting I’m not too sure but will try and find out. I’d imagine serving in another force should surely help but from the information the PSNI provide it doesn’t put you at any advantage throughout the recruitment process.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Newyearnewjob

A couple of us in the 2020 campaign are in this position. Unfortunately it definitely doesn't help you in the process even once it gets past the Deloitte stages. My vetting only took 3 months but not sure if that is why. Apparently you send proof of service when you get an offer and they may adjust your salary although they won't commit to this or confirm your salary before offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭georgie1305

Nope! Not sure if that method is being implemented, seeing as they still have the previous campaign 🤷‍♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Boneyard2002

I don’t see people being fast tracked especially after recruitment stating they’re going slower than usual due to the funding. Results are 13th May.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 avjjken

Just wondering if anyone on here still waiting to do AC? I’m starting GV for another role the week results are due and getting nervous but excited to finally be in PSNI even if it’s not the end goal!

No not SEA. I wasn’t going to take it but got location so happy enough for now.

Sorry if this is a stupid question. Just wondering what SEA is?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭johnny990

Is it a Station Enquiry Assistant?

• Advertisement

Yeah station enquiry assistant. One of the worst jobs out there imo. Though you do get an insight into niche and control works etc. you’ll end up having more knowledge of it that most in service. I can remember so many asking how to use it. It’s only a good job for that knowledge.

Post edited by Boneyard2002 on

• Registered Users Posts: 27 rouge_one

Does anyone know if AC’s are still on going or have finished? It’s not long til results come out and the itch of not knowing is unbearable. Especially for those who had done there’s late January early February. Gd luck to everyone though.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Unknown117

the wait is killing me honestly haven’t got high hopes but would be nice to know the outcome regardless! good luck all

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Unknown117

when do we reckon the results for the AC will be sent out then? i know it states the date in the email of when they will be posted but for the stages so far it’s always been earlier and as some people have stayed if all AC’s are completed they may send them early. Good luck to everyone! hopefully we all get good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Narwahls

Probably wouldn't expect anything until at least the week of when they were meant to release. Was more or less the same with IST, only a few days early. Still won't stop me incessantly checking this forum for updates or refreshing my emails 3 or 4 times a day lol

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Byc_moze

Well, I think everyone is more less the same 😂 forum, join psni website, email. And again, and again, and again 😂

Got my email and passed Assessment Centre just to upload a few things. Relief knowing it’s passed! Good luck everyone else!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Blueandtwo1320

Just got the email as well!! Happy days! Over the moon. Stomach near hit the floor when I seen the email. Look forward to seeing where I am on the merit list but at least for now I have passed!

Just got the email. Passed the AC. A bit surprised and relieved too.

Have a good weekend guys

• Registered Users Posts: 27 rouge_one

I just got the same email wat a suprise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Skyhook44

Got the email there myself does the email definitely mean that you have passed the assessment centre?

Passed there myself, email went to promotions and just skimmed past and saw the name lol. Glad that came early

Yeah, the Join PSNI website has now been updated too. "All candidates have been contacted to inform them of the outcome of their assessment centre"

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Si_zx10r

Passed myself this time round, really happy after failing last year by one mark. Well done those who passed and anyone getting dear John emails, keep the head up and go again, it will happen eventually 👍

I passed too! I guess we’re fast tracked?? My stomach hit the ground when I got the email . Congratulations everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 46 new2022scs

I haven't stopped crying. Soooo happy. Well done everyone & those that didn't pass....keep going, this was my 5th attempt after 18 years

just got my email too! I'm so happy! Is this a fast track email?

either way I'm over the moon. well done to everyone that passed!

No it isn't a fast track email, just an email to all candidates whether they have passed/failed.

Good news for everyone who's passed though. Now the proper waiting game starts I guess

• Advertisement

Good lad. Just missed last time too by 1.5,,%. Glad I give it another go.

Gotta keep up with my fitness now.

Advertisement