Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Meeting scheduled for 09:00, no one bothered to show, I'd legged it home, computer set up, tea sorted, no one. Fcukers.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,260 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Oh Grem sometimes people need a slap in the face with a hammer over stuff like that 😉

Smurf you can send the RAV4 my way 😄 My father has one and loves it 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 10,113 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Lol @Autosport I didn’t buy it yet. The poor car freaked out with my driveway with its proximity sensors.

Rocked up to German immigration, sorry “Mein Herr your passport card is out of date”. OOPS 😬

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Ah thanks Autosport! Sadly I am down with a fierce attack of the CFS/ME so signing off imminently. I once asked someone who should know about this illness in old age and was told that they don't know as very few live to very old; the main cause of death is "overwhelming infections" so a sI knew already that s simple cold lasted months I am in peaceful isolation! Lovely place for it! Ocean and sky. But certainly every year is making a difference now, so I will not be here often. I intend to enjoy every day I have in whatever way I can!

Cars.. I was supposedly given a red Smart car , what they call an island car as less regs and legalities... But it has not arrived yet. Things are slow in deep rural Would make such a difference!

• Advertisement

@graces7 Great to see you posting, hang in there and be safe.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside with a cupan tae and an iced bun I got from the bakery this morning along with my weekly sourdough 😁

ohhh ya baby I'm gonna enjoy eating this *drool*  😋

Ah many thanks. You are often in my thoughts and prayers. It has been and is a period of great adjustment. Also a terrible time with my cats, but we work on. Praying that they WILL get the car across as it will be lovely to be out sometimes but it means a full day for two busy folk, so I will wait. And in every reality I am in the safest place in Ireland.

Recently a terrified old neighbour was banging on my door shouting about FIRE and Evacuation!

Sure enough there was thick smoke not too far off; I thought it was a bonfire, but a niggle as everything was bone dry so I took a deep breath and dialled 999. The old man was not up to coping with officialdom and I was nearest . Had to call twice and the second time I involved the Gardai. Half an hour later? Rescue118 overhead and such a response.

Really deeply reassuringl Fire Service, Coastguard, chopper, Someone had started a gorse fire! EEJIT! My house was in direct line and if the wind had changed? We had had no rain for weeks and the following days the Fire Service all over Ireland were dealing with forest and gorse blazes.

Just watched the grand national and what a win and what a day! Delighted for them 😊

Took Alfie for a walk and by god it took all my energy to get back home, won’t take my health for granted again, although I am on day 3 so maybe I shouldn’t have went 😄

Sunshine is good for the soul 😊

Glad to hear you’re ok grace, some people are just stupid, similar happened up on Mount Leinster in Carlow.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

The trundle again. Ungrateful sods..

Well, I thiink in this case alcohol played a part. I did not realise until the islander who would have dealt with it but who was offisland that day told me a week later that it was a full on gorse fire. I was hesitant to dial 999! But he assured me I had "made a good call". Fire on a small island is not good. One of the fire folk I called asked me how many we were out here. So they were thinking ahead re evacuation. The reports online were .... dramatic,

Anyways I am going nowhere! Not been off island since a year and more before covid. Happy with that although just ONCE ! Not safe even with a mask.

I hope you are better-ing. This plague seems to vary so greatly from person to person, We had one scare out here but it turned out to be a cold thankfully.

All is very peaceful out here tonight. Bliss! Milder too,

Look after you and good that you have the dog,, My cats are so good to me!

Is that @Gremlinertia I see 😄

Three necklaces, rather like me in my angsty teens 😂

Enjoying a lovely ice cold beer after a great days work in the garden. 🍻

I'm up since 6.30 but feel fresh. The sun must have energised me. ☀️☀️🤩

@Gremlinertia how do we go about deleting an account and our posts?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Chilling here after a very busy day starting off with giving a double lecture this morning online via Zoom, followed by a vigorous swim at my local pool and a hoovering of the apartment and the bed sheets changed. Been a busy bee! 🐝

Lovely to see you back here Graces7! 🥰

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

@bubblypop hope you're not planning on leaving us.

I've a birthday coming up and my daughter is looking forward to it. She was going on about it tonight and the missus asks her what will we get him for a present and she goes, a blow up crocodile 😂 you've got to love the mind of a child 😆

• Advertisement

Thank you kind sir! I comes and I goes... Yoyo!

I want to see a picture of this crocodile 😄😄

OK. A large part of why I left boards was being stalked. Two days in and it has started again. Too old and unwell for it.

Blessings and thanks for so much kindness, and stay safe

smurfjed; is your email still the same please? I think you still have mine

Post edited by Graces7 on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Left Europe on a good note.

Guess who was extremely happy to get us back. Now back to normal, Nespresso on the balcony, it’s only 35C.

Seatbelt on, ready to go 😂

One very happy Mutt 😍😍😍😍😍

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭gifted

Stephens Green shopping centre with the kids.......listening to the Duuubbbzzzz talking dub lingo........God love um lol lol

Bleary-eyed on bus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭thomil

Mood has just taken a nosedive after an easy enough start to the day. Not sure what triggered it but yeah, not ideal. I guess it"s back to just king one step after another.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

Advertisement