Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domestic Solar PV Quotes 2022 - No PM requests - See Mod note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭farmerval

Maulbrook would you mind sending the pm onto me.

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 4 oscarplus2021

Hi all,

These are the quotes received for house with annual comsumption 6500kW, using heat pump and planning to get an EV car.

All prices after grant taken off.

Location Wicklow.

Roof south facing, max 18 panels (maybe 20?).

Quote 1:

Total 5.48kW/h system

Solar panels 15 x Longi 365W/h + Solis Inverter + Pylontech Battery 3.6Kwh = €10,300

Solar panels 15 x Longi 365W/h + Solis Inverter + Pylontech Battery 4.8Kwh = €11,000

Solar panels 15 x Longi 365W/h + Solis Inverter + Weco Battery 5.3Kwh = €11,000

Solar panels 15 x Longi 365W/h + Solis Inverter + Pylontech Battery 7.2Kwh = €12,100

Battery Weco 5.3kwh for the same price as 4.8kwh of Pylontech battery

Quote 2: (they didn't bother to offer battery saying that we use Heat pump and it will consume all battery)

Total 4.86kW/h system

Solar panels 12 x QCell Quantum 405k/h = €8400

Quote 3: (not sure why they quoted 20 panels, when other companies estimated 15)

Total 7.6kW/h system

Solar Panels 20 x Peimar 380w/h + Solis 5G Inverter = €11.300 

Solar Panels 20 x Peimar 380w/h + Solis 5G Inverter + Pylontech Battery 4.8kWh = €15.700

Solar Panels 20 x Peimar 380w/h + Solis 5G Inverter + Pylontech Battery 7.2kWh = €16.900

Quote 4: (called me saying price going up 8% in 10 days)

Total 6.0kWh system

Solar Panels 15 x Hyundai 400-Watt + Huawei Inverter = €9,915

Solar Panels 15 x Hyundai 400-Watt + Huawei Inverter + Huawei 5kWh Battery = €15,265

Solar Panels 15 x Hyundai 400-Watt + Huawei Inverter + Huawei 10kWh Battery = €18,860

Extra: isolation switch for use in a power cut is an additional €1,600

We are trying to be a bit future proof, considering to get an EV in 1year.

Is a 15 or 18 panels an overkill for current consumption?

From those options, the 15 x Longi with Weco battery seems to make financial sense, comparing the other ones. What do you think?

Any recommendations, I accept PM.

Thank you for your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

See all them quotes?

Bin them.

If you are at 6500Kwhr / year, and planning an EV, 20 panels would sound right. I'd also quote for a 5Kwhr battery and perhaps an Eddi, although the payback reality of an Eddi is questionable.

I'll drop you an PM with two companies to call.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 oscarplus2021

Thank you for the information, I will contact them today.

I forgot to mention that 2 other companies never replied to the quote request.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭paddyb

10 PANELS 400 KW 4KW. JA SOLAR 

5KW BATTERY PURE DRIVE 

5 KW SOLIS HYBRID INVERTER

WI FI DONGLE 

9100 After grant

waiting on a few others to get back to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Curiousness99

Howdee again, you wouldn't please email the name of the other company I.e. not the skillen lads thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Emperor Tomato Ketchup

12 PANELS 370 WATT 4.4 KW JA SOLAR 

5 KW PURE DRIVE BATTERY

5 KW. SOLIS HYBRID INVERTER

EDDI WATER DIVERTER.

WI FI DONGLE

PRICE 11500 EUROS GRANT 24OO EUROS APPLY TO SEAI.

TOTAL 9100 EUROS 

First problem was it ignores my spec of an EV charger and second I think that battery might be too large. Current usage is only 2.5/3kw p/a. And while that will go up with EV charging I envisage that being mainly direct during the daytime.

Also not sure what that means in terms of interface/energy management. Any feedback aprpeciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭MAULBROOK

The battery is ok don't go any lower. Did you ask for a EV charger. If so ask them to include it.

The quote you posted is a fairly standard format that nearly everyone gets sent.

If its in BLOCK CAPS then it can be only are friends in Enniskillen.

I did notice a familiar style alright. 😎

But the main thing is that a good quote? I don't quite understand how the formula of "€1k per 1kWp in panels" transaltes to those 12 panels?

How easy is it to negotiate?

I had mentioned the EV charger but they obviously forgot and just responded to the second email with a picture of my roof. Which reminds me, there was no mention of optimisers and there is a chimney. roof is more or less south facing but the chimney will cast a shadow in the early part of summer mornings. Maybe the thinking is that won't really matter so if a few panels don't get anything off diffuse light at 6am is fine, we'll be asleep anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭mel123

Would appreciate any comments from the experts on this quote. Its a renovation/new buy, i have not lived there before so i have no previous consumption to base anything on. Im going to put in an EV charger as my next car will more than likely be electric. 4 adults, 220 sq m, air to water, underfloor heating, shed/workshop.

Thanks for any comments.

16 PANELS 370 WATT 5.9 KW. JA SOLAR

5 KW SOLIS HYBRID INVERTER

5 KW.PURE DRIVE BATTERY.

EDDI WATER DIVERTER

WI FI DONGLE.

PRICE 11900 EUROS INC.VAT.

GRANT 2400 EUROS APPLY TO SEAI.

TOTAL 9500 EUROS.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 techtrainer

thats 2 panels better than the quote I got from them for the same price...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

I reckon the formula needs "bumping" as a result of general increases in the market over the last 6 months and the removal of the battery grant. Probably should be something similar to...

€1.1k per 1kWp in panels + €1K per 2.0kWh in battery + €500 (diverter/Eddi) = Rough price to pay. 

As for your question ... "I don't quite understand how the formula of "€1k per 1kWp in panels" transaltes to those 12 panels?"

Well, each of your panels is 370 watts (from the quote) so you have 12 panels of 370 watts each = 4440 watts = 4.44 kWp. So, then your panels part of the equation should cost.... (4.4 x €1.1K) = €4,840

Don't get too hung up on the formula folks. It's not meant as "the right amount of money to pay". It's only a guideline which you can use to get a rough approximation of the amount to pay. Where it's useful is in weeding out the "nonsense quotes". The ones there you have a quote from a supplier of say €11,500 and the formula is telling you €7,200. It's very clear then that you need to bin that quote and move on.

If for example you have a supplier who is quoting €9,000 (or something) and the formula is telling you €8,500, that's fine. It's in the ballpark and your not being ripped off. Can't stress this enough, it's not a binary thing where if your not matching the number your being ripped off.

Aside: It's also much harder to get close to the target for smaller systems, there's good reasons for that around fixed call out charges, such as it costs nearly as much to get a guy on your roof to install 1x panel as it does 10 panels, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭mel123

that was a while back our project got side tracked with hold ups so id say its a bit out of date - thanks for ruining my day :-)

Thanks for the feedback bullit_dodger. I get that the formula is only a rough guide. Also fixed cost element will mean smaller system is gonna cost a bit more, but how small is small?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 techtrainer

if its any consolation, Ive not managed a good experience yet with 3 out of 4.. jury's out on the 4th company

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Dozz

If that is an old quote I would ask them for another.

I had the same quote at the start of March and today they are saying the quote is only valid for 14 days.

Also you will only receive a final quote when they get your the deposit, so im assuming that the quote could still change at that point.....

I understand that things are in state of flux with supply cost increases etc but now it seems you cant even be certain that the quotes are worth the email they are written on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 TimToeTwo

Just Agreed the following 8.1 k panels , 10.2 k Battery , Eddi , 6k Inverter , BER incl , 13,100 Euros after Grant , VAT included. As good as I'm likely to get I reckon , June Installation

• Registered Users Posts: 6,772 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭pete

I've had no reply yet from any of the (two) companies i've requested quotes from this week - would be very happy to hear from anyone else with Dublin area recommendations via the magic of private message.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 M7599

Hi Guys.

First time poster but looking at this thread and other PV solar systems for a bit.

I'm based in Kilkenny and wondering if I could get some PMs regarding reputable companies to quote. To give a bit of background we are at home most days throughout the year so can use electricity generated throughout the day. Currently 2 adults and 2 children but they will be going to college in next 6 months to 2 years so consumption will fall. No EV yet but could change in years to come. Would Solar as a Service be a good option. Looking for good price but happier to pay for quality to save in the long term.

Apologies if long post and I'm not overly tech savvy either.

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭con747

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭stratowide

Similar interest and same county as above..Could you send a PM too.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

Could you pm me the name of the company please?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

Is the Enniskillen lads or the SaaS lads the only ones who offer pricing at maybe€1.2k per 1kWp and then €1k per 2kW of batteries ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bb7

Hi all. We are looking to install solar PV and battery shortly and I would be very grateful if those with good experiences might be able to PM me with reputable installers and expected costs for those who work around the North Wicklow area. Thanks!

Looking for 4/5 kWh panels diverted for water and 5kw battery, interest in any views or experience on EI

Sent on two there. One covers wexford/Wicklow the other covers Leinster and the north/East

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭con747

Your profile is set to private so I can't PM you.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭whydoibother

I’d be interested in installing solar energy too. We’ve got a 3 bedroom bungalow house. How much would it cost? Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement