Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus looking for Drivers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 overdar26

I was originally heading to harristown but I’m south side based so not ideal , but got the good news as connygham road is only ten mins away from me 👍👍

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭mikeybhoy

I’m happy out!!! Can’t say enough about the training we got!!! The instructors are the best,really put you at ease and your 100% ready for the test …

• Registered Users Posts: 10 louis142

I applied on a d licence having very recently passed my test but have no bus driving experience apart from lessons. I got over the line in my driving assesment and had interview last Friday which I think went very well. Anyone know how long I could be waiting on word and I believe because I have the D licence my training will be two weeks shorter. Anyone else done this training as I feel very fresh and apprehensive. From what I hear the training is superb.

• Advertisement

You should know in a week or two and if successful your down for a medical. Very comprehensive stuff but if you get the green light from the doc you’ll be up in the training school before ya know it… best of luck bud let us know how ya go… instructors are so good at what they do you won’t even think it’s work 👍👍👍

Cheers mate . Ya know yourself. Staring at my email every day lol. I should be good for medical . No conditions. Blood pressure a little high but controlled and on a tablet. Really would love this job . Working as a bar man my whole life five nights a week so can't see these shifts being any worse. Just a little worried I wint have the same experience on the road as others.

You’ll get your experience in the training they provide.. I was like yourself bud so fingers crossed 🤞 let us know how ya get on

Ah brilliant. That puts my mind at ease. Fingers crossed I get the nod now. Its just coming up to a week since my interview.

Got word today I passed the driving assessment and interview so medical next Thursday fingers crossed it goes well. Anyone done the medical recently that can give advice?

• Advertisement

Happy days bud…medical is extensive… bloods urine ecg hearing and eye exam…. Lots of questions about past medical history but if you pass it they will tell you thdm and there… usually hear from the school with a start date soon after that…. Your nearly there pal

• Registered Users Posts: 27 CloneeBohs

Tell them **** all in the medical.

I assume they have no access to your private records . It's only what they can check on the day ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Soule26

Good morning guys

I did my driving test and interview last Monday but I passed driving test but the interview i don't know my questions is how long takes to get responses being emails or post? Please any one have responses thanks

Have you heard anything yet????

No I didn't get any word still now and check the emails nothing I begin to get worried and I am thinking about the bank holidays maybe delaying. Thanks

Happy day's I got appointments for medical

Thank you all for the information provided.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭LastStop

I see on LinkedIn that DB are running an open day on Sat 2nd of April. 10am to 6pm in Broadstone depot.

• Advertisement

Hello

I would like to ask you how long take to do medical? Please

What's the normal time frame from passing medical to calling references. It's been two weeks for me so far .Seems to be dragging out.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Dave_Dublin

Hi all,

Any help / comment would be appreciated...

I passed my "D" test back in 2017 and applied to Dublin Bus - I passed the written tests (at a hotel in town) and passed the driving assessment but the interview was a complete disaster: She started by asking if I'd ever been in trouble with H.R. at any previous job!

The whole thing seemed to centre on this and the interview never got back on track - I left the place never wanting to go back there ever again.

--- Needless to say, I received a letter the following day stating that I'd NOT been successful and that I could not re-apply for FIVE YEARS!!!

----> It turned out she had contacted my referees BEFORE the interview and, unbeknownst to me, one of them mentioned a H.R. incident from several years before that had actually been proven incorrect (false statement by the other person involved) and I'd been led to believe it had been purged from my record.

I found out on the LUAS going home from Broadstone that they'd contacted my references because one of them texted me saying they'd called her. I hadn't seen this text because my phone was on "do not disturb" for the interview!

I worked for a small private company and then for Go-Ahead (June 2018 - before they even had any routes)

I've recently come back from abroad and have been unemployed since my return... It's almost 5 years since my first DB application so last Friday (Apr 1) I applied online... got an email inviting me to do the assessment online within an hour!!!

Got a call on Monday this week asking me to attend for driving assessment and interview today (Fri-Apr 8)

I passed the driving and he said I was a good driver, if a bit rusty... When I went in for the interview it was the SAME interviewer from 5 years ago!

This H.R. woman is very unpleasant (at least with me) and spoke down to me like I was inferior to her. The depot guy barely asked anything - it was all HER.

I'd been sent the competencies that they expect you to have examples from previous jobs for and I'd typed them all out one-by-one with a couple of examples for each - - I was amazed that I actually had REAL examples that matched what the were looking for!

When I opened my folio case and said I'd written out the answers and would be referring to my notes, she said:

<i>"You're not here to give a lecture, you're here to answer our questions"</i>

It was a little more structured than 5 years ago but they didn't ask all the competencies they'd sent and actually asked one that they hadn't sent at all.

This time they seem to be following the set process : not calling references (that I've changed, BTW) until after the medical, if I get that far.

I left there today very much doubting I'll get any further in the process. They must have more that one H.R. person? Was it just my bad luck that I got the same one again?

Any comments / any encouragement?

Good morning pal

Did you get word after medical ?

Good morning.

Nothing yet. Four weeks now . Have not rang my references yet either. Dragging on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Margaret Clarke

Breach of GFPR for a start.

The witch who made false allegations against you needs to be sued too.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Margaret Clarke

Referees can only be contacted after a successful offer and with your permission.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭LastStop

I believe the lady you met in the interviews has a reputation for interviewing people with a disgusting manner. Drivers are beneath her level and she's been like that forever.

If you get the job, ask your new colleagues and even experienced staff who interviewed them.... you'll get plenty of.... "I think her name was J****, she was a bit**.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭mikeybhoy

A bit late now though considering this happened five years ago I'd imagine

Advertisement