Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL plus app

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,064 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Redeemed a free treat only this morning. No scratchcard

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭questionmark

Got no card last night or today with purchases

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

The "Knockn2" code worked perfectly this morning for €10 off a mix of middle aisle and grocery purchases in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭marrm

The App is cracking up - it just flashed up a receipt, a thanks for shopping and a scratchcard. 🙂

But the receipt was from April 2 and I've shopped there a few time since. 🤔

Nice to get the €1 off scratchcard though! 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭Buffman

There's no 100% guarantee of a scratchcard, I've had a few transactions more than 10 hours after the previous that haven't produced a scratch.

If you click the notification bell on the top right you'll see the two different types of notifications. If you didn't win a scratch, it just says 'Thanks for shopping with us, see you again soon!'

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Advertisement

Got a similar notification today about a purchase made morning 02 April! 

Ginger Nuts Biscuits or Cleaning Spray on scratchcard

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭newincity

So now scratch card is just random?

@ offtopic - was looking for 1L sunflower oil for a week - none in 3 shops ; while trying to take a 5L bottle from the shelf , another customer grabbed a pack of 3 , saying at 7euro/5L it's cheaper than diesel and it's a great offer - took me 6hrs to realise that now i have biodiesel folks raiding the food shops 🙄

Waitrose UK

Sainsburys

Herbal handwash won't scan in my local. Therefore no freebie ☹️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Escapees

FYI, maybe just a coincidence, but my partner and I have both found this week that the scratchcards are no longer received when the transaction value is €0 (i.e. when just getting freebies and nothing else). If there has been a policy change, then it's no harm really as they were losing money overall to the likes of us!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Mr Bob

FYI:

There has been an update to the requirements to be eligible to receive a Scratch & Win. The spend now needs to be more than 1c/1p to receive a Scratch & Win.

The same excluded products/10hour period between purchases still apply.

Thanks Lidl representative 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

The app was asking me to update it at the start of this month so Im guessing had I updated it Id get hit with the above. Wont be updating it unless it forces me to which it hasnt done as yet. Its rare that app updates do you any favours, its more likely to be the opposite.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭newincity

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭crayon80

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭crayon80

So the 1st scratch card is either hazelnut/dark chocolate OR Light Jams 230g/Cien Herbal Handwash 300ml

The 2nd is Ginger Nuts Biscuits/ Cleaning Spray.

Has anyone got a 3rd card this week?

It's those three.

So what is the cheapest thing that Lidl sells? a banana is <20c

• Advertisement

Really, have you been there, done that? *L*

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭EarWig

I once met someone who wondered whether he would get away with peeling the bananas before weighing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Patsy167

Seems there is no Kinder Bueno on the treats section of the app despite showing on the leaflet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭amber2

Probably due to the salmonella issue with kinder products that’s been in the news recently regarding the recall of many of their products.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭go4it

there's a 'product recall' poster at the entrance of the shop - some products from Kinder line

Does anyone know about how often does their XXL promotion come along? I cant remember seeing it in about a couple of months now and normally stock up on 1kg bags of coffee beans when it does

There's XXL offers due, including coffee ~mid-May. But there also is a global shortage/rising costs/blah blah

Post edited by zell12 on

4 x tuna chunks tins in sunflower oil was €3.29 now €2.49. Frozen chicken burgers have a ‘save with Lidl Plus’ sticker beside them 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭amber2

Just back from Lidl and they had full boxes of kinder bueno out today.

• Advertisement

Thanks zell. Have you noticed a pattern of when the XXL offers show up? It feels like once every three months or so but Im not sure.

Advertisement