Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Good, Kalvin coming on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,024 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

We'd be dangerous if we could pass the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Much better so far this half, Rodrigo is starting to get on the ball. We could do with a second here.

Second goal badly needed. Watford will score.

Get in, massive goal, one of us was going to score!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Lovely stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Nice of Saints to push us all the way last week and then head to the beach this afternoon.

And there's the goal that effectively keeps us up.

Greenwood has been very good since coming on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

Watford are shocking, once Hernandez went off I knew we'd win. You'd have to imagine that's that.

Norwich win tomorrow please

What a sweet strike

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

Clean sheet would be nice now.

Sweet, delighted for a few of them here. Not a good performance but that doesn't matter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Is there still a sizeable section of your fanbase that thinks it was a mistake to sack Bielsa? Have to be honest; I was "Jesse who" when he got the gig. But he's turned it around for you.

After a really awful first half that was a good improvement. We looked a lot better going forward and Rodrigo for me was a big part of that. I know Watford were rubbish, probably the worst team we have played but once again I thought Llorente and Cooper were really good at the back, although I agree with Carcharodon that Llorente does give away some silly frees.

You would think another three points in our remaining games should be enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,024 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Great win. We are all but safe (I hope). Bielsa would have bottled those last four games. Right decision to get rid I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Delighted for Rodrigo, he has become one of my favorite players, you can see that he has an elite footballing brain but not elite talent but makes up for it with desire and effort.

Great to see two young players come on and do really well, that’s promising for the remaining games and next year, if/when Raphinha leaves, we will obviously need to spend but having the likes of Summerville coming into his own will help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

If you think we're a better team since Marsch came in you are delusional. The results are better but we will survive because of the dross at the bottom of the table.

We are definitely a little bit better, not saying we will fly up the table or be a great team next year but it’s more delusional to think that stopping the obvious rot is not an improvement and I agree, the dross below us is pretty fortunate

I think the outcome will justify the sacking, so that's all the board will need to know/care about, particularly if they sell up this summer. People mostly wanted Bielsa to have the chance to play these games with players returning from injury, it wasn't afforded to him so that'd be the source of frustration IMO.

I wasn't going to be anti-Marsch, was willing to support him and its at least mostly going well. Assuming they stay up now, interesting to see which is signed and how they'll look after a full preseason with him. Just hoping they dont become satisfied just being in the pl, that'll just be boring.

• Advertisement

Agreed re the defence. Llorente excellent, and despite much messy passing today there are no players I'm unhappy with. You have to excuse a lot of the shabbiness due to nerves. We can soon play with freedom and then people will see Leeds at their best. Marsch will want to move us up the table to make a point rather than experiment with players near the end, so despite safety being ensured soon we'll still be playing with intensity on the run-in.

We're 9 points from the bottom three and only 4 from 9th place. Watch us move up. I still expect an 11th/12th place finish.

.......and returning players. We won't be in 17th place but well above that.

Happy with effort but definitely wouldn’t be happy with some players today, maybe not happy is the wrong phrasing but a lot of criticism could go towards a few players.

I think Ayling was extremely sloppy, passing and positioning were terrible at times. Llorente needs to stop the needless fouls, Koch was poor but I don’t blame him too much, it’s a difficult spot for him to be in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

What is it with Llorente continually dragging out of players jerseys

It’s school boy stuff, I remember doing that when I knew players had an extra step on me and wasn’t confident in myself. He is better than that, it’s very frustrating to watch

Delighted not to be edgy going into last 10 mins today, such a change. Subs made a big difference, greenwood has taken to Marsch very well which is great to see, he was exceptional today. Rodrigo wasn't great but caused huge confusion and got a big reward out of it. I said recently one more win will do it, dunno now after other results but also can't see them being caught.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Was listening to commentary while out the back and Kamara sounds like he had a decent game for Watford at LB.

Apparently he did a right job against Salah and had raph to deal with today. Anyone paying attention to him over the last few games?

Messy stuff indeed but I was thinking more of making allowances for players under enormous pressure in the midst of a jittery team. I have no complaints about them today and would be happy with that team for the run-in but with Kalvin starting and more game time for Gelhardy, Greenwood & Summerville. I also wish we had the option of giving Drameh a few games at the tail-end of the season.

I totally agree, I am not convinced on how Leeds progress but I do think there are a lot of positives, especially the young guys we have coming through, say what you will about this team and owners but they have done a great job of acquiring young talent

I'm coming around to the idea that he's actually not that good. He looks like he is at times cos he is making last ditch tackles etc and something has a great game. But for me, he's now 5th in our CB list

Cooper was excellent yesterday, love to see him back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

We were definitely sloppy in possession, particularly in the first half but we do look a little better defensively. Cooper excellent again today as was Harrison.

And we’ve got a new song.

Norwich doing a nice little favour so far

That’s a 3 point gap to Burnley now even allowing for them winning both games in hand. Good stuff.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Only saw first half, which was a shocker. At least Marsch acknowledged that it wasn’t good when Lineker congratulated him on a 'great performance' on MoTD. Didn"t like to see Coppe roaring at people around him when he put the ball out; we need leadership, not Ayling MKII. Even a goal shy team like Watford, we gave far too much time and room in the box.

Watford were a disgrace for their carry any time they felt a breeze from a hand or foot near them. I'd have been checking for snipers the way they went down. Ref fell for every one of them, too. I'm just glad they couldn’t finish.

You would hope Norwich will have put the kibosh on Burnley today with that win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

Great weekend of results all round.

Slightly more relaxed now. We were 7/2 to be relegated on Friday, now 8/1 !!!

Agreed re your sentence on Cooper. He played well but I thought the way he was shouting in the first half was poor form from a captain. It wasn’t encouragement he was shouting.

Some players need to be shouted at. One obvious one was at Meslier when it was obvious he wasn't talking and letting Cooper know he had time. If we had Cooper in there dishing out a few bollickings for the past few months we wouldn't be where we are.

Hes very encouraging 95% of the but if players aren't listening, a rocket will usually work

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Saw an interesting stat that we'd only conceded one goal in the last 4.5 games Cooper's played in. Defensively he's definitely a bit suspect himself, especially the way he gives away silly frees, but he clearly organises the defence far better than anyone else we have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

It's not pretty but we're in the best form of the whole season. That'll do for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Leeds projected chance of relegation was 23% before the match on 538, now 10% and Burnley up to 63%.

• Advertisement

I was going to post the same thing, for what he lacks in ability, he definitely makes up for with his organizational skills and presence.

Oh, and a shout out to Sam Greenwood. Looked very bright and sharp when he came on. Gave us something different to James and made a difference.

Still won’t believe we’re safe although every non Leeds fan thinks we’re grand.

Probably need 3 or 4 points to be sure.

Yep. He's a talker. If you watch him, he's constantly telling his CB partner and the full backs what to do etc. Llorente and Struijk rarely talk at all. I love him as a captain, he starts every game for me tbh

Brilliant result for us yesterday, aside from those Mancunian wasters it was a good weekend. Given we have such a gap now until our next game, any predictions on where we will stand before we kick off against Palace? Realistically and no matter what Dyche says I think yesterday was a massive blow for Burnley. I can't see them winning all 3 matches between now and our next game so I think a win, loss and a draw might be more realistic. Also, despite their win on Saturday, Everton have been pretty woeful so a win in their two games is the most I could see them getting. That would leave it as

The following weekend we have Man City, Everton have Chelsea and Burnley have Watford so if we get nothing from Palace then there is still a chance we could be right in the mix after that weekend. So even though I felt really confident after the weekend results, we're still in a position where we really could do with at least a point at Palace. Otherwise we may still be biting whatever is left of our fingernails in the last weekend.

Then again predicting anything in this league is a fools game so maybe I should just enjoy where we are right now!

Enjoy ?

I'll have some of what you are having 😁.

For me there has been nothing remotely enjoyable about this season apart from our two equalisers against Everton in the first home game and coming from 3-1 down away to Villa. The rest of it,particularly the last few weeks has been torture.

Even at 2 up on Saturday there was always the gnawing fear that if Watford managed to sneak one goal we'd s*it ourselves and ending up drawing the game.

The relief when Harrison scored the third washed over me like a Tsunami and I was finally able to relax..................for about ten minutes until I started thinking about Conor Gallagher and Wilf Zaha.

Jimmy I hear ya but given where we were a few weeks ago I am very much enjoying being 9 points clear of relegation right now! 😀

You forgot Wolves away. The winner was amongst the greatest moments in my five decades of supporting Leeds.

And yes, not good for the nerves, but the best games rarely are.

And Im enjoying it considering where we were 9 years ago

Sorry but no................there were still 8 minutes of injury time left at that stage 😂.

Ah look, I know what you are all saying. Just that when we were rubbish there was no drama. It was easy, you turned up, you lost to Stoke, Sheffield Wednesday,Middlesborough or whoever and you went home. It's only when we started to get good that the nerves kick in again.

Those 9 lockdown games were some of the most traumatic I can ever remember, well the first 7 anyway.

Anyway,on another note sure Marsch's comments on Talksport this morning will do him any favours with the fans. There seems to be a narrative seeping out now about how bad things had got under Bielsa towards the end. Not sure if we need to know all that.

• Advertisement

Fully agree on being diplomatic re MB. Even if he's right regarding the training (and he probably is) it's best not to say it.

Seemingly Summerville has been keen on a move away under MB due to lack of chances. Hopefully that will change. See also Drameh. Marsch would be clever to do nothing but praise MB externally then privately change what needs to be changed re players and training.

Advertisement