Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - Part 3 - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭brokenangel

The way some people would go on by the next generation the bogs will be gone. Ruin them for future generations.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,982 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

OK two Words

UTTER NONSENSE

I'm not going to get into this but let me educate you on Turbary Rights. A Tiny proportion of rural dwellers actually have Turbary rights.

The vast majority purchase their Turf from Those who actually have said Rights , these bogs, potentially suppy 100's of homes (mine is one of them)

If as is proposed, the Owner can continue to cut turf from themselves but will be prohibited from selling to me and 100's of others

Now, what do we do??

let's if we are lucky , put on our oil central heating systems (many don't even have a secondary heating system) , now with oil prices going the way they are , I will face perhaps 3 times cost in heating bills next year and of course continue to pollute burning oil and Eamonn perfectly happy with this. Those without secondary heating can plug in their electric heaters, and we know how that's going.

Don't get me started on retro fitting , even if I could afford it , it would be 3 years before an approved firms get to me .

So in essence Eamonn achieved two things today.

Absolute Fury

Quadrupled the price of Turf for this season for those already struggling.

Isn't he marvellous.🙄

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,930 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

The death of the Green party for another generation happening in front of your eyes. 'They love humanity, it's people they hate'

Ridiculous, the greens should be focused on food production and sustainable ways of life not banning the sale of turf. The green party must really have no ambitions for beyond this reign of govt.

The Minister responsible for food production is a FF TD.

What do you think is a sustainable way a life? because you know cutting up bogs to heat a house is not sustainable so they are doing exactly what you are asking them to do.

• Advertisement

On the other thread you told everyone that you only heat the house using turf so no surprise you want to continue. Time to get the heating fixed

You don't need retro fitting etc. Plenty of options available to heat a house which is sustainable. I would start with getting the insulation sorted first, pointless trying to heat anything when all the heat is going out the door.

I forgot the 3rd thing Eamonn achieved today, a major wipe out of Rural Government TD's 😁 which is not a bad thing I suppose, you can bet there's going to very lively FFG parliamentary party meetings next time round.

Apparently Eamonn also going to announce ways to save money on Wednesday (if you have a smart meter, mother of God you couldn't make this up.

It's just beggars belief, I've already had petition put in my letter box and calls from neighbours and 2 independent councillors.

I want to be clear, I've absolutely no problem with moving away from Turf (I don't use an enormous amount ) and do have a secondary heating system, but mother of God, cart before horse decisions are Ludicrous, Retro fitting costly and won't happen quickly, many rural homes don't have a secondary heat source and dependent on Turf and this aside, people on their knees with cost of living crisis.

I don't actually know if the Greens are just stupid, Deluded , out of touch or all 3 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 68,930 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Same as they were the last time they were in government, desperate for power and FF and FG this time were desperate for support. Lethal combo. And the younger Greens knew what it was going to do to the party they would inherit.

• Advertisement

I absolutely did not and a bare faced mistruth, take a deep breath and go back and you'll see I clearly mentioned I have oil central heating and my preference for a host of reasons is my stove , the discussion went from farce to fiction , laws of physics, bad builders, causes of condensation etc, when you came out of this thread for air to join the other thread , you then spouted utter nonsense, questioning (offensively) my decision to purchase a house in rural Ireland. I'll take no lectures from you on this topic.

And the young greens going to be proven right, I heard a little of O gormans interview earlier any my god, utterly dreadful. I've a bone to pick with him on another more sensitive matter but this thread not the place to discuss if you'll forgive me 😏

They didn't delete all of the posts: My house dates from 1800, I do have a central heating system , admittedly 15 years old. My main heating source is a Stove , if Oil wasn't so expensive, I'd likely use it more but from a cost perspective, my yearly turf cost, a fraction of oil cost .

I live in the countryside, you made the mistake of thinking I lived in Dublin still so came up with this story about buying a house in rural Ireland. If I said anything I would be insulting myself. Maybe you should stop lying

You've actually just proved you'd lied , thank you, your actually that determined to prove yourself, you go back to copy and paste, very disturbing and obsessional behaviour.

You also started your absurd contribution saying you purchased a house in Dublin, have you conveniently forgotten that 🤔 I couldn't care less were you live but do suspect it's near cuckoo land .

As usual. Very disingenuous from the same posters. I am struggling to see why you bother sitting on here all day telling lies?

Next time you accuse someone of comments about rural Ireland, at least have the cop on to know if they do or don't live in rural Ireland before you lie about it.

Embarrassing carry on

You've just made an arse of yourself and I'm disingenuous, Seriously 🙄 how do you honestly expect anyone to have a reasoned discussion with you 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 27,942 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I am sure that something can be done by way of grants etc., subject, of course, to the VAT receipts being produced.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,353 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

brokenangel and Dempo1 - quit the bickering

• Registered Users Posts: 27,942 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

That is the funniest post of the day.

Sustainable way of life = stop cutting turf for commercial sale!!!!!

Some of the crying on this thread for turf-sellers is pretty disingenuous. All of the wailing to date was about those with turbary rights being denied the right to cut turf for themselves. Once that right was protected, the real wailing started about them being denied the right to profit from it. Seems the grubby hands of rural gombeen Ireland never went away.

Many people who buy turf are elderly, people unable to save turf themselves. Carry on, expect a backlash!

• Advertisement

You asked for the Greens to provide "sustainable ways of life" which by banning turf cutting is doing exactly that. Cutting turf was and never will be sustainable.

How many elderly people burn turf? do you have numbers or anything to back up this claim?

You are correct but just to mention it's not just elderly customers. The Greens bizzarely and presumably because of their lack of any understanding of rural Ireland, don't get that not every rural home owner has Turbary rights or ownership of Turf plots, the vast, vast majority purchase it directly from local private bog owners who will now , essentially be stopped from selling Turf to thousands of customers, completely dependent on Turf to heat their homes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

Maybe start honest queries and respond to people in kind who respond to you. All you seem to be doing is picking holes and if they dont bear any fruit, moving on to the next.

"As usual. Very disingenuous of the same posters".

What's the phrase about 'if you think everyone else in the room...'?

When the alternative is gas or oil, if they can afford it, how sustainable are they? It seems the greens only have new ideas about how to make things more difficult rather than provide alternatives. Maybe ensure there's a viable alternative before knocking turf on the head? A wind farm ran on Eamon's hot air?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

"Seems the grubby hands of rural gombeen Ireland never went away."

😶🤨

Really?

Christ.

"Rural Gombeen Ireland" don't all have Turbary rights. In fact it would be a small percentage. How are the elderly couples, the physically challenged or others supposed to heat their homes?

This reeks of somebody who fell asleep in the middle of reading up about it. I mean, it has already been altered once today, and I bet it will be altered at least another two times by the end of the week. Fools putting this through. Absolute fools.

It just astonishing the Greens didn't check some actual facts on Turbary rights and the low percentage of rural dwellers who have them, they are absolutely clueless on what this means and at a time there's already and energy cost crisis.

I see tonight it's been leaked that Fuel allowance will be extended for 3 weeks (worth €99) to those lucky enough to be actually eligible.

Talk also of a Vat Reduction and removal of PSO levy which would be welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Ah sher, I'm sure a few people can start to buy Turf from up North while they are getting their alcohol.

On a brighter note, it is now financially viable to travel up North and spend money up there as a necessity thanks to this Government.

Singling out the groups one by one. It doesn't affect everyone, only a few that don't really matter.

Seems the grubby hands of rural gombeen Ireland never went away.

Thats lovely.

Watch the gombeenism of Ryan as he tweeks this several times before the month is out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Whatever about the other stuff, what's with FG flipping the lid about Cathal Brugha Barracks? It's an underutilized defence installation that is perfect for a major new resedential development in a part of town that badly needs units. It's not Ozzy Osbourne pissing on the Alamo.

And the rep. doffing his hat to Rathmines residents not wanting social housing, with other FG reps speaking out the other side of their mouth about objectionism. F*ck off out of there with that.

Perhaps the working relationship is bad, and perhaps they may have valid bellyaches on other stuff, but getting precious about Cathal Brugha Barracks so as not to offend Fine Gaelers in Rathmines with social housing sticks in my craw.

Advertisement