Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gran Turismo 7 Online Racing Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,959 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'll be organising some races tomorrow night or Saturday night (or maybe both!).

Might switch to karts for a bit of a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

I'll be on about 9 to 9.30 tonight for some racing. You will be needing karts for tonight.

I have a room called Engine Misfire setup.

You will need to own a kart to enter.

Be ready in 10 myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

I’ll be on in a few

Thanks to Jim, Marty, Darc and Deaf for showing up.

The kart races were the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I couldn't make it on tonight but going by the psn chat, sounded like a right laugh, looking forward to giving it a lash with ye

So now that ye've had a few sessions online, what are ye finding is the best way to pick cars? Do ye specific cars aside or just use the bop option to bring them all back to base spec like if you have a car you like, you can tune it for the single player but also use it for online with bop on?

I think it works best all with same base level car, whether it be the kart or Clio (of course can agree and try others next time). Level playing field and all that

• Advertisement

I had the most fun with the karts.

I am ready to move on from front wheel drive cars now and want to proceed to front engine rear wheel drive cars.

For the closest racing, same spec cars are the best, but I also like Balance of Performance regulations as you can drive cars with different layouts.

Fully agree same cars as there can be a big difference between them, even at the same pp. I just don't know if day i but a Supra and tune it up but then would bop bring it back to base online so we could all use the same Supra, i just wouldn't have to worry about buying a 2nd one and keeping it at base level if that makes sense?

Wouldn't mind some fast and furious style cars for races.

For the next races I set up, Supra's will be involved as will wet weather.

So for example:

2020 Toyota Supra base model at Monza driving in torrential rain with traction control disabled.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

Shouldn't be disabling any assists people want to use imo

I'll be on about 8.30 tonight. Make sure you have an unmodified 2020 Toyota Supra in your garage as we will be racing in them.

I have a room setup called Nice Bleedin Alloys Bud.

Was a wee bit early for me, am usually online around 10pm. Did you get many races in?

I didn't stay on for long Jim as I was a tired. I'll probably be on next weekend anyway.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 250 ✭✭SeamusAFA

I did 3 of the 1hr endurances.

Only did 1 online race was too tired lol

• Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I did a nations cup race which was karts around a Willow Spings track called Horse Thief Mile. It did not go well.

• Advertisement

The kart races I setup on Friday night took place at the Maggiore centre layout and the Tsukuba Circuit.

I'll be setting up a room shortly called Fender Bender.

Feel free to join in if you dare.

Those Renault Clio's do bring out the dirty drivers in us 😂

It's the tyres, honestly 😂

^ It was nice of you not so slow Seamus to join me, Jim, Zero and Darc for tonights races.

I am not that quick as Craig showed, I am not new to it though ☺️

Should try Mazda Touring Car at some stage, think it cheap enough and great little car to drive.

Cheers for the races all. There were a few bumps and scrapes alright! Popped up a few snaps again to the screenshot thread

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058238713/share-your-screenshots#latest

They sure are. You can have just as much fun with small cars over bigger ones.

• Advertisement

I will be on about 9.30 - 10.00 tonight. I should have finished bowling with Roman Bellic by then 🙂

Advertisement