Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport security waiting times

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I see DAA have put out an appeal for retired, career break staff to come back and work for Easter, absolute clusterfook. We don't fly out until near the end of the easter holidays and its lunch time so hoping it won't be too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭lordleitrim

I gambled arriving just 2.5 hours early for an 11am flight this morning seeing as the anecdotal evidence here said the mad congestion was pre 8am. Arrived at T1 at 8:40. App said 40 minute wait but got through in 20 mins. Happy days....only downside is my flight is now delayed 90 mins til 12:30.😒

Airside restaurants very crowded and tables piled high with meal rubbish. Not enough floor staff to clear tables.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭tina1040

Ryanair have loads of bag tag machines in Dublin. You weigh and tag your bag and go drop it on the conveyor belts. I think there's a video on the website or youtube to show you what to do. My 80 year old mother told me this!!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Same in terminal 2 but the issue is security at peak times

• Registered Users Posts: 29,262 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

The talk of bag/tag machines was in relation to a specific query a few posts up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,052 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Arrived in T1 at 7:10. Was through security at 7:20. Plenty of sandwiches to be found airside.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

Very quick getting through T1 security today at about 10:30. Website said 10 mins and it was about that. Airport is busy, queues for food and not too many free seats together in the main area around marquette. Plenty of sandwiches as poster above said! I got here almost 3.5 hours before my flight so it's a long wait but main thing is I'm not queuing and I have a good book and the Boots meal deal to sustain me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Cheers.

Got there 3.5 hours before, so joined security queue around half four.

Took 50mins

Update ....

Arrived at the airport 3.50am . Now sitting at Ryanair gates at 4.50am .

T1 Self Service check-in for bags was easy . No queue and took only 5 minutes . Also didn't need all passengers to scan bags just boarding passes.

15 mins to scan boarding card and then 15 mins through security. Other 25 mins was just walking from A to B and gates or browsing Duty Free where there was no queue to pay.

Hopefully might help someone else plan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭tandcapply

Quick update, hopefully it'll help someone.

Arrived at T2 this morning at 04:00am for a 7:30 flight in Europe

30 minutes to self service bag drop and 1 hour to clear security.

Other side by 05:30am so no problems at all

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Thank you for the update, I fly tomorrow morning similar time so this is very helpful. 🙂

And though I understand the spirit of your comment, I wouldn't call 90 minutes for the whole process as "no problems at all".

4am for a 7.30 flight and hang around airside for 2 hours not how i want to spend morning but as long as your happy all ok...

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭alentejo

I hope a 1 hour bag drop and security clearance isn't considered the "new normal"

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭tandcapply

Look, I expected to queue outside with people flying at lunchtime, only to miss my flight. So no problems for me

DAA were on the Radio One asking people not to turn up more than 3.5 hours as this was aggravating the congestion. I know some passengers even before this latest issue would turn up hours early unnecessarily out of an anxiety of being late...I can only imagine how early they are attempting to arrive these days....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

With security open 24/7 in T1 are there any shops & places to get a coffee or a bite to eat open before 5am ??

If I remember correctly nothing really opened in T1 before 5ish I think it was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,107 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Marquette opens at 4 as does Starbucks but by 4.30 there was a massive queue at both

Are you sure its not where people are having dates after a night out...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,262 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Got from red car park entrance barrier to the security queue in about 10 mins.

Hit the back of the queue for departure gates at 0412, the big sign was reading 35 mins.

Through baggage check at 0459.

I've flown at all hours of the day and I have never seen that volume of people heading in through security! Considering that, it's running very smoothly. The queue never stopped moving.

@Strumms , I think it was you wondering about assistance - there's a dedicated manned lane (separate to fast track), run by OCS, when I enquired they said to Google OCS Dublin Airport and email for permission to use the lane.

Loos had long queue but relatively clean.

Right, now to find a coffee!!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Ah good stuff Heidi, enjoy the break. Hopefully we are as lucky next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭tnegun

Similar experience to Heidi at almost the same time yesterday morning, we got though security in 25mins there was a huge volume of people but it moved continually and DAA and staff were on top of it and in great spirits.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭trellheim

Thu AM #; at T1 security : arrived at terminal doors 0513 through security at 0533 . Airport absolutely rammed once through - dont expect to get a seat anywhere or get breakfast quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

People are arriving at 2am for 7am flights. It's madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭trellheim

also still a load of unused belts in T1 security ... still huge lack of staff .

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭ricimaki

How are the queues this week? I'm flying out at 7.30AM this Monday, don't want be there any earlier than needed.

• Advertisement

Per RTE article today DAA, DAA still advising turn up 2.5 hours before departure but that 98% of pax getting through security in less than 45 mins.

Advertisement