Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Team Talk Thread IV... Go On My Henderson...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,488 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

SUFTUM folks!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Seriously tough outing today! Ulster can do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,136 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

No arguments about red card.

as clear a red as you can get

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Red card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭ Arely Dry Stance

Had to be a red. C'mon Ulster.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,955 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Match thread open now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭RichieRich_89

Red card

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭launish116

Next week is going to be some battle!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Underappreciated signing! When was Baloucoune's contract due to end?

Bit silly he only has 2 caps. Hope we get to plenty of him in NZ.

Keeping the band together: Lowry 2023, Stewart Moore 2023 (?), Rob Lyttle 2023, Hume 2024, Ethan McIlroy 2025, Doak 2026

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Think his caps total is low because he got injured at precisely the wrong time on a few occasions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

He's obviously not in the same bracket as those you have listed (yet), but Jude Postlethwaite is locked in til 2026 also.

Postlethwaithe is a serious unit. I look forward to seeing him develop.

He was already signed up to 2023?

Serious young back line signed up!

If only it looked so bright in the forwards!

• Administrators Posts: 53,955 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Yea I'd say Baloucoune got an early pay and conditions bump based on his recent change in status within the squad and to fend off potential suitors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Probably has alright. That hamstring injury ruled him out i think until near the end of last years 6N. Picked up a shoulder injury just before this 6N this year which ruled him out apparently (even though he played for Ulster the day before the Wales game).

He would have been perfect for the game in Paris. I'd start him v NZ x3.

Would also love to see Lowry in the 23 jersey and start the midweek games. They are both match winners.

edit: Did Lowry ever pick up a serious injury? He seems to be very robust.

Post edited by ionadnapokot on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Is Sexton on a senior deal. His pace is something Ulster need to embrace.

Lowry signed up until 2025!

Ulster are greedy bastards. Let other provinces have a chance!

Do the other provinces wish to throw us some forwards?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Lsdrugbyfan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Long shot - but I thought I'd post here.

I am going to go the Ulster game this weekend with some mates, they already have tickets for the West Terrace - and unfortunately it is sold out. Anyone got a WT ticket they're not using, or (seems unlikely) willing to swap for the memorial end terrance + the difference + a pint?

Fair say to a degree that's true, though I'd say our backs are on a different level to the forwards we have signed.

I still worry when I see an injury in the forwards! Depth is improving but still not there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,373 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Can you not get into the ground using your ticket, then get a mate to go into the terrace hand his ticket to another mate who walks out the back with two tickets and you and him go in together?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Fantastic bit of business from Ulster signing their young guns on long term deals early.

Shows a lot of faith in them which can only benefit both parties.

But there is also a culture build going in there. It wasn't too long ago Ulster were fielding a majority starting 15 that were developed elsewhere. Now they've young local poster boys coming left right and centre and it's fantastic to see and hopefully will benefit them all the way down to grass roots.

Really is a strong core building! night and day compared to several years ago!

If only we could now have the same impact on our pack/front 5 over next few seasons.

If I was a fringe forward elsewhere with potential and mentality to succeed I'd be fighting at the bit to get infront of that backline. Hopefully Ulster sell that going forward trying to attract NIQ forwards.

Well, we've got young Sean Refell arriving from Saracens next season (and he's IQ).

We're not short of light/mobile forwards though. The pack is lacking grunt and grizzle!

Loose/Tight head is a concern. McGrath can't get a string of games and Moore is flogged.

Ulster team to play Toulouse, Heineken Champions Cup Round of 16 Second Leg, Saturday 16 April at Kingspan Stadium, 8pm kick-off, live on BT Sport, beIN Sports, and Sky Italia:

(15-9) Mike Lowry, Rob Baloucoune, James Hume, Stuart McCloskey, Ethan McIlroy, Billy Burns, John Cooney

(1-8) Andrew Warwick, Rob Herring, Marty Moore, Alan O’Connor, Iain Henderson (Capt.), Marcus Rea, Nick Timoney, Duane Vermeulen

Replacements: Brad Roberts, Eric O’Sullivan, Tom O’Toole, Kieran Treadwell, Jordi Murphy, Nathan Doak, Luke Marshall, Rob Lyttle.

STADE TOULOUSAIN (6-2 bench split)

15. Thomas Ramos, 14. Dimitri Delibes, 13. Tim Nanai-Williams, 12. Pita Ahki, 11. Matthis Lebel, 10. Romain Ntamack, 9. Antoine Dupont (c), 1. Rodrigue Neti, 2. Peato Mauvaka, 3. Charlie Faumuina, 4. Rory Arnold, 5. Richie Arnold, 6. Rynhardt Elstadt, 7. Anthony Jelonch, 8. Selevasio Tolofua.

Replacements:

16. Guillaume Cramont, 17. David Ainu'u, 18. Dorian Aldegheri, 19. Emmanuel Meafou, 20. Thibaud Flament, 21. Antoine Miquel, 22. Baptiste Germain, 23. Lucas Tauzin,

HAVE AT THEE!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭jimdemp

Luke Marshall has been in great form imo

Advertisement