Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

The AKs were also easier to maintain and repair than the American equivalent.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

It mightn't be Ukrainians, it could be Russians after all the Belarusians sabotaged their own railways to prevent the RuSSians moving equipment on them. Maybe its the sign that there is a fifth column in Russia?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

How about the rest of the world has earth and putin and his fellow country men can head off to Venus

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭jmreire

Well for one thing, it would be something Vlada could not cover up under the "acceptable Losses " banner. And it will also rattle the cage of Russians who still believe in the invincibility of the Russian Military. Yes they still exist in large Nrs within Russia (even if there are cracks starting to appear). A Russian friend of mine for many years ( and a completely brainwashed example of Putin propagandas') told me that after Ukraine has been rightfully restored to Russian control, next will be the "Traitor" ex-USSR country's, and after that, another historical mistake will be corrected, namely Siberia. And they are going to teach a hard lesson to everyone who poked the Russian Bear, forcing it to defend itself against American and European aggression.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

Outside of Europe and North America virtually nobody in the rest of the world cares one iota about the war in Ukraine,it is to them just a small conflict amongst whites thousands of miles away and no concern of theirs.

Similar to what the conflict in say for example Yemen or Sudan is to us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭jmreire

Yes, the US armed the Mujahideen via Pakistan with hand held rocket launchers, and with these they were able to destroy the air superiority held by the Russians...once the HIND helicopters were gone, it was game over for the Russians. But after they had left, a civil war started, which also caused massive destruction and death. I remember an Afghan colleague telling me that it was not unusual for as many as 1'000 + rockets to fall in Kabul in a single night. And then the Taliban arrived, and as they said themselves, to restore the peace. And the rest is history.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,097 ✭✭✭threeball

Anyone driving around Irish, British or European roads with a Russian flag should have a brick fcuked through their window by anyone that can lay their hands on one. No better than the raping pedophiles they call an army.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭tigger123

That puts an end to any hope Venus had of joining NATO.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Ahh FFS

I am not fine with Russians killing women, kids, the old or raping women and girls.

My point, which you completely failed to notice, is if it was possible for Russia to be bombed or even invaded, I would have no problem with the Ukrainians leveling their towns and cities.

And if civilians died then tough shyte.

Tough luck, they are part of a country that has brought war and destruction to others and you can't not be attacking them because some of them might not be in favour of the war or the regime in charge.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭20silkcut

Not true. 50% of world wheat supplies come from Ukraine and Russia. They are not 3rd world countries. Considerably higher up the human development and more advanced countries than Yemen or Sudan. That’s why it’s such a dangerous conflict. For the non politically engaged people around the world it may be distant and abstract .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

I went looking a little bit anyway and found this. Not related to Ukraine but concerning a Russian ally.

Media and military experts said Sunday that six Chinese Air Force Y-20 transport planes landed at Belgrade's civilian airport early Saturday, reportedly carrying HQ-22 surface-to-air missile systems for the Serbian military.

The Chinese cargo planes with military markings were pictured at Belgrade's Nikola Tesla airport. Serbia's defense ministry did not immediately respond to AP’s request for comment.

The arms delivery over the territory of at least two NATO member states, Turkey and Bulgaria, was seen by experts as a demonstration of China’s growing global reach.

“The Y-20s’ appearance raised eyebrows because they flew en masse as opposed to a series of single-aircraft flights,” wrote The Warzone online magazine. “The Y-20′s presence in Europe in any numbers is also still a fairly new development.”

Its highly likely that he will turn to widespread chemical weapons now in order to have some sort of semblance of victory by May 9th. Just like the nazis symbolism and displays of power are extremely important to Putin (and ego maniacs in general, remember when trump wanted his military parade).

This psycho he brought in to finish the job obviously has no problem with poisoning women and children by the thousands then sitting down to lunch. Hes there for one reason and one reason only and that's to ensure May 9th is associated with a win not a loss.

Of course we all know how worried you are for the Russians 🙄

You can't defeat a country without killing people.

FFS I didn't know there were so many devout followers of Christ around here with the love of turning the other cheek.

As I keep saying you can't defeat an enemy if you aren't willing to kill the enemy.

And don't give me this shyte that the enemy is Putin.

Ukrainians have to consider every Russian to be their enemy, just like British, French, indeed Russians themselves had to consider every German to be their enemy in WW2.

There is a fooking reason Putin has done this and it is precisely because he sees the West as weak because the way a huge chunk of people are not willing to countenance hard actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,574 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

You can be sure that China are clandestinely backing Russia to the hilt as well. I should hope that Maxxar have their eyes on the Russia/China border crossings.

No NATO country needs to put boots on the ground and those that are would be in insignificant numbers, mainly an advisory and maintenance role well away from the front line. They don't even need to be there officially.

If 50 installations of SAM and long range laser guided missiles were deployed along with 20 or so high end drones, this war would be over in a fortnight. The French have very capable equipment, as do the British and Americans. You can forget about the Germans. They'd just a bunch of self interested dickheads who will protect their own interests regardless of the cost to others. Sweden, Finland, Poland all have very capable weapons right on the border at this very moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

What exactly needs to be 'corrected' as regards Siberia? It's already part of Russia.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,406 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Obnoxious tramps wherever they go really

‘I’m stupid’, says Russian karting champ teenager after apparent Nazi salute on podium

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/im-stupid-says-russian-karting-champ-teenager-after-apparent-nazi-salute-on-podium-41544271.html

I'd rather use my last bullet on myself than be taken by those animals. They'll be tortured then executed.

Well it does sound like a Russian planet - full of hot air

I’m sick of these types taking the piss out of our liberal democracy and laughing at us. Likes of this shite should be treasonous (it is) with immediate deportation clauses attached.

• Advertisement

The way the Swiss guaranteed their "neutrality" or rather freedom was by doing deals with the likes of the Nazis.

I put neutrality in quotes because they weren't really that neutral when they were facilitating the German war machine with critical supplies.

And that is not even mentioning buying gold from the German Reichsbank, facilitating the Nazis hiding their loot, blocking refugees entry, not backing Jewish citizens in German occupied countries, allowing train transports to go between Italy and Germany, allowing Swiss company subsidaries to use over 10,000 slave labourers.

The Swiss have a habit of playing both sides in their version of neutrality, and invariably make a lot of money out of it.

After all right now where is it again that Putin's family are hiding out, where does a huge chunk of his loot go through ?

I’d imagine American military technology is so advanced now that so much can be done remotely effectively. I suspect a loot is being done already we don’t see. I doubt the Ukrainians on their own could have so well to date

Probably meant Manchuria and the islands they lost to China.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,518 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Listening to a Russia expert on radio last night and he said the only possible way the Russia - Ukraine situation can end is Putin's removal or death. Any scenario where he remains in power means years of ongoing military conflict in the region, sanctions, large scale Cold War, international instability etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,574 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

The French are confused as to why Ukraine hasn't already surrendered yet, their contribution to military aid has been non-existent. I don't think Ukraine can't count on any further support from them.

If you want to bankrupt Putin just turn off the taps for gas and oil for a month. Once that's done, he's done as is the industry as their production capacity will drop significantly having to shut off wells because storage is full. Putin knows if that happens its all over for Russia. They have nothing else. The problem is you have the likes of the Germans and French who don't care who dies as long as their industry isn't affected.

Anyone in a western country looking to prolong this for self interest is no better than the rapists in the Russian army. Purveyors of human misery with zero moral compass.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,518 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I'm surprised this hasn't clicked with Germany and the rest yet. They seem to think that if the gas and oil pipeline is switched off, it can 'never' be switched back on again. But as you say, such a move would almost certainly leave Putin in huge trouble and in imminent risk of being toppled from within.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

This war has been particularly dividing of the world nations into --

Nations of despicable savages

Nations of hideous standbyers

Nations of craw thumpers

Nations who provide real help

Nations who stand (unfortunately Ukraine is doing all the standing)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭ronivek

I mean... it's also entirely possible that other nations step in and sign deals with Russia for future gas and oil supplies at significant discounts.

So now you have India/China getting vastly cheaper gas and oil and rare earth metals and everything else Russia is exporting; whilst Europe spirals into recession without the gas and oil to power its largest industries and without the ability to move manufacturing away from China.

And meanwhile Russia is able to continue in Ukraine whilst a weakened Europe is less able and less willing to support its defence; and perhaps even more crucially becomes less able and willing to support its refugees.

• Advertisement

Theres no doubt the Americans have been providing excellent satellite and drone reconesence but unfortunately Ukraine hasn't had the weaponry to make the most of it. The ideal scenario is that drones or satellites pick up high density Russian troop movement or bases even well behind the front line. The GPS co-ordinates are reported back to a mobile long range missile. They fire on the position from relative safety and move on so their own position isn't compromised. If you had multiple units doing this all day everyday for a week along with drones who could carry out more surgical immediate strikes the effects on the Rapists would be immense. Imminent death from the sky 24/7 a real possibility.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement