Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Another Driver posts road rage footage Incident

• 12-04-2022 1:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭

Came across this on Twitter. Where the driver claims to be afraid of their life but drives along inside a truck at high speed taking phone footage and giving a voice over.

my own thoughts extremely poor driving by both of them and the driver themselves appears to lack the capabilities to understand when they are wrong wafting it off as mansplaning and has turned off the comments.

There's two edgits here. One of them more vulnerable than the other . Absysmal driving.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭erlichbachman

Why doesn't she just back off? He's in a faster lane

And that's not how you spell eejit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

2 fools in it I think too, I'd like to have seen the previous few minutes as to what led up to it. Either one of them could have just pushed back for literally 30 seconds to allow the other to lane swap.

Can she not just slow down being on the inside lane, let him pass instead of taking her phone out and making a Hollywood production out of it? She sounds like one of these who does 120km/h on the button in the fasssccccccchhhhhhhhhhhhhttttttt lane while the lane inside her has no traffic in it for the last 20 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭User1998

If he’s in a faster lane then he should be driving faster. It seems like his truck is incapable of over taking the driver, so he should slow down and merge behind her.

Its kinda hard to drive faster when the car in the left lane insists on keeping up the same speed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,586 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Are trucks allowed in overtaking lanes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

most sane human beings would drop back and let him in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭User1998

How is it hard? I overtake cars all the time and none of them have to slow down?

Your not supposed to change your speed if you are being over taken.

The truck is incapable of over taking and should merge behind instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,835 ✭✭✭Allinall

How many cars do you overtake where the car insists on keeping up with your speed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Jarhead_Tendler

Yep Both to blame but she will come out the worst of it if they collide obviously. If it were me id back off and let him in or if not shoot up another 20km for a 100 yards and pass him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,038 ✭✭✭circadian

Exactly, also there's an exit there so there's every possibility he's been trying to get into that lane for a while to get off the motorway. Not to mention the dangers of anyone coming onto the motorway from the off ramp there too.

Edit: just looked at her twitter and it's pretty toxic, some irrational hate of men.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Qrt

Isn't it very bad practice to pass on the left? On the Autobahn it's illegal to pass on the right (same thing, RHS)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭dmc17

She claims every time she dropped back the truck dropped back with her 🙄 Didn't manage to get any of that on the video though 🤔

I would say its 90% her at fault

1) Shes most likely refusing to back off for some time before she starts videoing

2) She actually speeds up to catch the number plate

3) No matter what she is refusing to back off her accelerator

Penalty points or a ban is what she needs

its happened me twice on M50. What did I do? I assumed the truck couldn't see me , or maybe he was indeed being a bully.... but whatever. In both cases I pulled back and let him in, he is the bigger fish if there was an accident. No hassle, no stress, no anger..............just got on with my day.

(I can't imagine the concentration it takes to drive left handed, record a video while also speeding up to get the number plate, and narrate the video as well as being aware of other cars and driving conditions........ she's the eejit)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

Absolutely agree - if she was as frightened of him as she was stating - then let him into the lane and then in time just overtake him. Wasn't there three lanes in the footage? I agree the truck driver was a bit aggressive but safety first - always. The Gardai will take a dim view of her footage were she to present it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

Makes total sense... Its Gemma O'Doherty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Jarhead_Tendler

It was very risky behaviour from her even if she feels she was in the right. One little tip off the truck and her life could be over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭brokenangel

The truck is allowed in the lane to take over a slower vehicle. The truck has got up and nearly past so she has slowed down to allow that to happen

They normally have a speed limiter in them not to allow them to go faster. So if the truck is that far in front she has slowed down. As the truck can't get past her now it would also suggest they have a speed limiter.

Started to video and then speed back up.

She should slow down and let the truck back in, then either stay behind him or pass him/her out.

Anyway she has blocked all responses because a man tried to kill her. Says it all really.

Gardai should pull the video and give both of them penalty points

Quick browse of her twitter and men seem to be the root of all evil....

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

From the video posted it seems she's mostly at fault, though we're obviously not privy to what she claims happened before.

She seems to want to turn it into a gender issue, then has a go at a woman for retweeting it. Seems a bit mad.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

This one pops up on Twitter all the time, serial whinger. Always some drama to tell her followers on Twitter about.

I don't think she was deliberately provoking this so she could stick it up on Twitter, but I think she lacks the self-awareness to understand the danger that she's causing.

The truck is speed limited, it wants to move over into the lane and is indicating its desire to do so. If push came to shove, I suspect she'd find herself getting the harsher penalty for this. There is a vehicle which is ahead of you and indicating its intent to merge into your lane. People can and have been penalised in the past for failing to make space.

She's claiming that when she tried to back off, the truck kept slowing down to match. Which seems unlikely seeing how much easier it is to scrub speed in a car than a truck pulling a trailer. She could be back and behind him in no time. She's also claiming that he engaged in beeping and other intimidatory measures for 7km, and this whole time, despite being "scared to fvcking death" she never thought of simply taking an exit (we saw her pass one), and re-joining the road again at the other side of the junction.

Her account of the incident might be completely, 100% true. I have no proof that it's not. But she has no proof that it is. And based on the video it simply looks like she's driving at 100km/h while filming on her phone and blocking a truck driver from merging. Claims of being scared ring hollow when there are multiple escape options available to her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

"And that's not how you spell eejit"

Correct. The right way to spell it is AilbheBosca1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭manonboard

Her twitter page seems like a toxic pool of hate towards men. Theres nothing to indicate that the driver is even male or how ever they identify. Of course, she assumes because it fits her narrative

Absolutely crazy that woman has a kid and still behaves like this. I cant imagine ever putting my ego over the possibility of bringing disaster to my family.

All she had to do to get out of this highly dangerous situation was to press her breaks to 80km for about 5 seconds, then either stay back or just over take a moment later.

The truck drivers behavior was also terrible. Both of them clearly endangering the life of another person for ego. However, only one of them was ever going to risk death. I cant believe she kept the same speed and risked getting her car caught under that truck to get a license plate number. Absolutely insane moronic behavior. How can you be filled with so much hate that you would risk your life just to prove you were in the right about something soooo stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Be right back

She seems to be delightful.. Hope her child wasn't in the car at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Curse These Metal Hands

As stated the above, the truck matching her speed to block her is bullshit. No way a truck can slow down as fast as the car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭sam t smith

She/her in the Twitter profile.

Not surprised to see that.

Standard misandry. Hating men is acceptable. Hating women is not.

Some very ‘angry women’ out there. Be careful, folks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,640 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

God help her child is all I can say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Drifter100

Simple if she bothered to check some facts

The truck has a speed governor, can`t exceed 100 kph. She must have been travelling slower if the truck got up beside and almost past. She clearly speeded up and refused to let the truck back inside to the slower lane. There is also probably a tailback behind the truck due to her being difficult. Why won`t she let the truck back in front of her and then overtake in the overtaking lane

Simple

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,038 ✭✭✭circadian

Whatever about her misguided notions about men I don't think it validates people popping up on their wee soap box and spouting crap like this to just further entrench those ideas. This culture war bullshit has gone on long enough.

Nice how you are so willing to dismiss her rants as ‘misguided notions’ but my comments are crap and bullshit.

None of what I posted is false. She has her pronouns on Twitter. She is demonstrable a misandrist and an ‘angry woman’.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 665 CMod ✭✭✭✭LIGHTNING

OK folks lets keep it on topic here. Leave the womens/mens rights stuff at the door please.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,249 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

probably your primary duty when in control of a car (or any vehicle) is to avoid incidents, and this trumps your wish or desire to be proved right. she broke at least one law trying to prove herself right so loses all sympathy.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 665 CMod ✭✭✭✭LIGHTNING

My view when dealing with trucks is, dont mess with them. That much mass you are always going to loose, just back off and report to the Gardai.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭NSAman

She's a Gobshite!

Obviously sped up and caused this incident. Looking for likes on her twitter and basically being a Karen.

As many have said, Trucks are limited speed wise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,843 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

To be fair i think that's most sane peoples views. Might is not always right but it can do a lot more harm.

For what it's worth, the truck driver has SOME blame in this but she is the one putting herself in danger.

I'm very tempted to post a link to this thread on her twitter!! 😀🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Ljmscooter

Accent would curdle milk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,372 ✭✭✭bladespin

Also, using the phone while driving at speed with a big truck trying to cut in, both hands on the wheel time, neither being a particularly good example but she's leading the race in silliness.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,125 ✭✭✭timmyntc

speeding up to read the reg on the cab instead of slowing down and allowing him to merge and then reading the reg from the back.. that says it all about her attitude.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Curse These Metal Hands

If your genuine belief is that a truck driver is trying to cause you harm would it not make more sense to drive as slow as possible rather than sticking to the 100km speed limit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Her profiles read "Mammy, wife, rugby, lefty, LGBT+ If you don't like someone, walk a mile in their shoes. If you still don't like them, you're a mile away & you have their shoes"

Thats enough for me,im out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

She could have backed off fully and got the reg from the trailer.

If she was scared she could have braked and got behind him/her in the lorry. Or taken an exit. She put her life at risk for social media kudos. No one with any sane thoughts would have thought to do what she done. They would have found an escape route - her braking or taking an exit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

your completely wrong its illegal to pass inside and your obstructing the truck... that's the law... you should have allowed the truck into s;low lane and pass in the overtaking lane...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,815 ✭✭✭creedp

To be fair she is not too concerned about legality if she was driving in a so called dangerous situation and filming with her phone. Legal or otherwise, if she was really worried, the safest thing to do is sink the shoe and get out of there. The one thing the truck cant do is exceed 100kph. If the truck driver was really being aggressive, the last thing I would want is for him to pull in front of me irrespective of what the ROTR state.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

She is clearly the problem as she was in front and she should have being gone...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Whocare

I think pretty obvious That women was in mood instead of showing down she sit there right beside Him as truck almost all driver would have slow down and let him In. I think it was her time of month and she was out for fights

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Whocare

Truck limited to true 90km unlike car speedo 100km is more likely 90km .she was out for fight moody out I guess. As a truck driver almost all car would have slow down and let him in

Probably because she's a woman! Women I find have little cop when it comes to

'common sense' when driving on Irish roads. I always cede to HGV's on the road.

I don't get in their way & I give them plenty of time & space because they need it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,815 ✭✭✭creedp

OT but some trucks do not seem to be limited to 90kph. Today was on M1 doing 111kph indicated (100kph GPS) and was overtaken by a UK Reg artic with an empty trailer. Followed truck and it did a steady 100 / 101 kph (GPS) until it exited motorway. Must have been BMW driver as no indication used to exit motorway or enter/exit 2 subsequent roundabouts.

• Advertisement
Advertisement