Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elden Ring (George RR Martin and From Software)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Elden Ring leap frogged Trails in the Sky Second Chapter, Fallout New Vegas and Yakuza: Like a Dragon to become by fourth most played game on steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,161 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

"Have it writ upon thy meagre grave: Felled by King Morgott! Last of All Kings!"

It's a shame how the cool characters in these games only ever have like 4 lines of dialogue.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Have it writ on your **** grave: felled by retr0gamer! Master of bleed build cheese!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Did you beat a rando Margit/morgott at the outskirt of the capital? That was so random (he dropped some talisman). You get to hear a couple of more lines he said aha.

Finished Dung eater quest last night got his rune - so apparently if you are able to give him potion, you can kill him after he felt asleep to get his armor (so ash+armor in 1 run).

Tonight I'll go fight Malenia ha, was closed to her arena last night but was late.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,807 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I killed Dung Eater as soon as I freed him. Wasn't letting him on the loose, for his armour as well.

• Advertisement

The worst thing about this game is trying to open the map but being unable because there is an aggro'ed enemy 4 miles away from you. Just let me open the bloody map.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I just encountered Astel in a cave so my definition of the worst thing is different to yours. Ah she wasn't too bad tbh although I'm sure I'm killing her in very unconventional ways.

I'm pretty close to Melenia I think so I'm trying to find other things to do.

Just encountered the same thing. Stupid fight for a melee build.

Always a stupid redo of a unique fight. Some cosmic horror in a random dungeon after you already fought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

that's my only gripe with the game is repeating boss battles, I've fought at least 4 tree spirits and know there's more to come

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Finished Raya lucaria academy tonight any suggestions where to next ? Around level 55 found renala fairly easy !

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 5,674 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Asked something similar last week and was advised Caria Manor and then Caelid which makes the most sense now that I've done it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,348 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Caria Manor -> Altus Plateau -> Caelid -> City -> Greyoll's Dragonbarrow

As a side note, beat Melania yesterday. I've no idea how but Tiche is a lifesaver. She took her down when she was getting her waterfoul ready.

And after that i went and 2 shot

Dragonlord Placidusax

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Cheers for all the advice, finished caria manor already , so Caelid it is. Like everyone I got transported there early , so hopefully it's not as difficult now.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,592 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Still tough enemies, but if you managed Caria Manor you should be okay. Plus when you're first transported to Caelid you're slap-bang in the middle of it with no idea where you are or where to go. Now you can ride in from the road and won't feel like you're trapped in it.

Got locked into the frenzied flame ending as I'm too curious and didn't know what the hell I was doing. Now to do Millicent's quest to get rid of it.

I was doing her last night too! So for mage build, phase1 is easy actually (moonblade+mimic or tiche), but phase2 i just cant deal with as she hits too hard and moves fast (and mimic or tiche doesn't last long after phase1). Looked up abit online apparently either people respec (to use RoB etc bleed), or mage people comet azure to kill phase2 in 30seconds.

Will try again tonight, maybe ill need to deal with her alone phase1 and then summon tiche phase2 - but i think the key thing is i need to pull off comet azure (near perfect timing), hm....

I miss the pre-nerfed mimic now ha.

I was thinking to do the same after talking to Hyetta, but then i sit at the grace talked to Melina and she literally begged me not to do it so oh well I will come back later. And ya it is reversible anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Fire giant went down last night, put a bleed ash on my sword and wasn't too bad in the end with mimic. I'm 154 hrs in and have covered every feckin blade of grass in the game (apart from what's past Malenia )I reckon.

• Advertisement

My tips as a mage for phase 2 is to pretty much run away until she does her firebomb attack, this leaves her exposed for 5-6 seconds so you can batter her with Comet Azur

Hyettas quest is bugged for me so I just walked in once I figured out what the messages meant. Then I rested at a grace and Melina was like well **** you anyway I'm out of here and I looked up what I'd done... Shite 😂

If it's what I'm thinking you can undo that with an item from another side quest.

Interestingly I meant to look up the lore for that

with the 3 fingers there obviously being part of the same hand as the 2 fingers????

I'm guessing Melina isn't going to forgive me even if I reverse it. She gave me an awful scolding.

They go to the effort of making Sellen look like this and then stick a block of concrete on her head.

Other NPC faces here. Dung Eater is as ugly as you would expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,592 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I think I read that there was cut content from the game where you'd be able to enter the dreams of some NPCs. Likely their actual face models were created because of that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I don't even know who half of those npc's are.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Finished Castle Sol the other night, didn't know who the boss of that place was until I walked through the fog gate, got smashed almost immediately and saw the name - ah so that's who the chaps on boards were talking about. Yeah, cheesed his ass with arrows instead.

Went back to Volcano Manor tonight and did pretty much everything - couldn't believe the size of the hidden legacy dungeon, crazy the amount of content you can miss in this game. Just have the big boss left to do before moving on.

Also, some great looking armour sets in the game.

Did Castle Sol myself as well. **** that place.

First spent a stupid about of time trying to kill a teleporting asshole with dual swords that would ultra combo me to death.

And then the pleasure of Commander Niall. The first phase is just **** gankery. Took me ages to figure him out. Run up and backstab the dual swords guy and then try to take him out before summoning Tiche.

I did finally learn that jump attacks are extremely powerful and cause insane stagger. Pity it took so long to figure it out but would not have beaten Niall without it.

Options now are to continue or head back to volcano manor.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I thought Niall was one of the more manageable late-game bosses. Use a summon to draw aggro from the two grunts and take them down individually. Your summon probably won't survive, but Niall himself has very clearly telegraphed attacks and cues so you can lure / dodge / attack reliably compared to some of the more chaotic fights elsewhere.

Advertisement