Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DGW33 Transfer thread

Options
  • 10-04-2022 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭

The double coming up isn't very inspiring IMO but I'm playing BB regardless.

Have 2 FT and looking at 3 transfers. Hopefully the BB will negate the -4

Doherty, Raphinha, Coutinho out.

Doherty injury makes it easier for me to sell if he's out for a while.

Coutinho has been awful for weeks now.

Raphinha hard to sell as I like him in general outside of FPL but he blanks here. Might get him back in after.

Looking at James (game time worries me but if knocked out by Real, should be more nailed), Barnes/Maddison (not sure which, double in 33) and Elanga? (cheap, has a double, could start 1 of the games and can bench after this GW)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Gonna pop free hit. I have 2 of them still, so might as well blow one now.

Triple United ? Nobody will have them and they could...... okay, i cant finish this thought without laughing

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Two red arrows in a row so time to shake things up.

2 fts. Looking at Coutinho, Raph, Laca out for Maddison, Zaha and Wood. I know Laca has a double but he looks awful lately. Wood could be another Weghorst but two home games with pens in a team that's buzzing...might even captain him for the craic 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Either Doherty to Cancelo or FH this week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Am I mad thinking of moving Bowen out for Ward-Prowse this week? DGW with Arsenal (who are hit and miss) and Burnley.

Ive a FH and BB left to use. 5 points ahead in the league Im in.

Ramsdale, Sanchez

White, TAA, Cancelo, Doherty, Dalot

Saka, Salah, Bowen, Gray, Kulu

Pukki, Kane, Dennis

Any help greatly appreciated!!

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭trigger26

Southampton were woeful against Chelsea, I'd keep FH for week 36

• Advertisement

Have the 2 free hits left but have 6 dgw players + 2 Liv/Spurs players, feels a waste to use it, thing is time running out and cant play back to back fh on week 36/37, might keep for last day

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Dropped a place in both my main leagues. Big work to be done.

My plan was to get Schmeichel in for Sa but now I have to move Doherty on as well.

Thinking Schar for few more weeks then maybe Anderson at Palace.

Captain this week will be tricky, Salah to Fernandes very tempting short term

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I was tempted by this myself before the weekend but no chance ill be doing it now. I can see Salah doing well against United and wouldn't surprise me if United made hard work of Norwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Exactly the same move.

My issue is I also have Tierney, Chalobah, Cucho & Hwang. With that I’ll only be fielding 10 unless I do a -4 & get Wood for Hwang or a 5.5mil defender for Tierney. I still have the FH.

Im up to 4.5k OR.

Im currently in a H2H league which has 4 GW’s left to run until Top4 split into a semi final/final. The H2H league is so tight with 3 players separating 7 positions. I’m in joint 2nd, 1 point ahead of 4 players.

I was thinking if I got to the Top 4 without using my FH I could use that in DGW37 for the semi final.

Not really set up for DGW33 or 37 but I am for 36.

Really need to see the upside of a FH this week v my current team & then the upside of FH37 v what my team would be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Missed the last deadline so have 2 FTs this week. My intention had been to free hit but that would mean losing the two FTs and looking at the fixtures the double gameweek teams are underwhelming. I have 4 doublers right now so could get to 6 without hits. Even though Weghorst doubles I think he has to be shifted as him getting subbed pre 60 says a lot, Chris Wood a potential replacement as Newcastle are playing alright and he is on pens and they double too.

The other move i have to get done is to somehow get Kulasevski in, I was 0.1m short of buying him 5 weeks ago and had to settle for Raphinha instead. I dont even want to look up how many points that sliding doors moment has cost me, probably about 30+. So I have to get him in at all costs, probably at the expense of selling Robertson, TAA or Rudiger. Though James is also frustrating the hell out of me with his 1 pointers.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭The Guru 123

Surely you have to sell James ahead of any of the other 3? He's the most likely to be rotated I'd have thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I'm unsure as to whether James is a good buy or not anymore this season, unless you are chasing and need a big haul to jump up the ranks. I could be wrong though, but I would downgrade him or move to a Cancelo, Laporte or TAA.

James seems to either haul big, or get a 1 pointer. There is no real steady 'ticking along' points that other defenders get at his price range. 

He has returned in 8 games all season. He has blanked or scored less than 2 in 11. There has only really been one period where he was returning consistently and that was GW9-GW12. He has only returned in back to back GWs once since then. Rudiger & TSilva have 12 & 14 returns

There is a big potential for a haul, but there is just as much potential in a blank too. I think a Rudiger or TSilva are more reliable candidates and while there is a lower ceiling, the consistency is a better pick for me. 

Yeah agree on those points about James but you just know there is a haul on the way and having missed big ones by him twice this season by a single game I feel like he owes me! If Chelsea go out of the CL v Real at least that should mean less rotation. I think Im more likely to get off the double Liverpool defence by selling Robbo and keeping TAA. That will free up funds to finally get Kulasevski, something I wanted to do weeks ago but couldnt afford at the time.

Although I’d like to keep my FH for 37 for potential Semi finals in H2H league , I think i need to pull the trigger on FH33 as I could be absolutely slaughtered on the rank.

Schmeichel (Pickford)

TAA Robbo Tierney (Doherty, Chalobah)

Salah Saka Martinelli Kulu Havertz

Kane Cucho (Hwang)

Tierney is out & Cucho is a doubt so I will need a -4. With 2.7m ITB I can either go Cancelo & Laporte/Targett for Doherty/Tierney or

Cancelo & Wood/ASM for Tierney & Hwang.

Players I don’t have & would FH for would be

Robbo -> Targett

Tierney -> Cancelo

Salah -> KdB

Havertz -> Maddison

Kulu -> Bruno

Hwang -> ASM/Wood

Kane -> Ronaldo

What are peoples views on the -4 v the FH? Is there a 20 point swing there?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Doherty replacement for 5.3? I already have Trent, White, Cancelo and Livramento. No free transfers so it's going to cost me. Matip maybe?

Just bench him, I wouldn't go taking a hit for that. With the DGW you'd want to be starting the other 4 defenders anyway so I'd presume you're not badly set up. Maybe sell him next week for Cash as he's about that price and has doubles in 36 & 37.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Cash is exactly 5.3 - but won't Doherty drop in value by next week?

Doherty is only 16% on his way to a drop (maybe he had one already?) but yeah he might drop when people do transfers near the deadline, I think he is out for the season so most owners will likely get rid.

I was going to say consider Chabolah at Chelsea for 4.7m but for some reason he has not started the last two games. Matip might be a good shout if you're okay with blocking the 3rd Liverpool spot with him and have no plans to get Jota in for the rest of the season. With Cash I wouldnt be expecting clean sheets from that Villa defence any time soon so its only for attacking returns, in fairness he has being doing alright. Cresswell has looked decent lately but he is 5.4m and again WH are not keeping many clean sheets.

I went the Chalaboh route & have been completely custard pie’d!

He Didn’t make the squad in one of the games.

If you are not FH in 37 then Cash Is a good option as Villa play at home twice that week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

Could do with some advice, if anyone is willing to give it. I have TC and one FH left. I had intended on playing the FH in 33 but two things are now putting me off - the poor form of many of the GW33 doublers and the fact that the likes of Doherty and Tierney will still have to be replaced anyway.

My current team is:

Dubravka*

TAA,

Salah, Son, Martinelli* Gordon

Kane, Pukki, Broja*

Pickford, Coady, Saiss, Doherty, Tierney, Raphinha

My thoughts are Tierney and Saiss to White and Justin/Cancelo/Rudiger for -4, with maybe Raphinha to Maddison/Barnes for an extra -4 (Benching Pukki). This would enable me to play FH in 37.

Would you make these changes for a hit or just play the FH and take a -4 in GW34 to fix my defence?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

Very similar and leaning towards the minus 4. Poor fixtures/form for the doubles means none of them are "must have"

There's a planned protest before the Man Utd match against Norwich. Is there any chance that the game gets called off, like last season if the crowd gets out of control?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I'm planning to go and storm Old Trafford so don't load up on United players!

Jokes aside, I honestly wouldn't touch any United players regardless. Maybe Bruno if on a FH but you're really getting them in for Norwich game. Liverpool should wipe the floor with them.

The protests planned for Sat IMO won't be anywhere near what happened at Liverpool last year. Last year was aimed at the Glazers and the Super League in the biggest domestic game for maximum exposure. This time it's to come into the stadium at 17 minutes and a few of us are wondering if we'll even bother cause interest is even waning now from a lot of folks I know. I'm not sure what/if any impact it'll have. Could be more updates until then but I don't think there is any chance of the game getting called off.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,863 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I'd take bowen over any double soton player right now

worst team in the league in the past month and when you lose at home to watford that says it all scored 3 conceded 15 last 5 league games

I kept jwp until last week and Livra will get one more week before he's out

Cash has dropped to 5.2 now so you're safe to just bench Doherty this week and make the move next week. Don't fire away the 4 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Gonna use the first of my 2 free hits this week. Not the most inspiring week for it but I'm fairly out of the running for all mini-leagues this year. Loading up on DGW players for the fun of it Currently looking at...

Triple United (NOR, liv) - DeGea, Bruno, Ronaldo

Triple Newcaslte (LEI, CRY) - Targett, Burn, Schar

Doule Leicester (new, eve) - Barnes, Maddison

Double Arsenal (sou, che) - Saka, Lcazette

De Bruyne

Few doubles on the bench too - Sanchez, Tarkowski, Gabriel

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Level 42

Very easy to get burned on a double game week with so many good options on a 1 game -same trap people fall into constantly

I think I’m set on keeping my FH for 37.

Ill have 3 DGW players in Schmeichel, Saka (c) & Martinelli.

3 Liv players - Salah, Trent, Robbo

2 Spurs players - Kane & Kulu

1 Chelsea - Havertz

Ill be using 2 transfers (-4) to fill the other places. It can be defender and/or forward.

I think I’m pretty set on Cancelo & then the other options are Targett/Schar/ASM/Wood or Adams.

id like to have a Bruno or Maddison/Barnes but difficult to see who to replace.. Kulu or Salah?

• Advertisement

Yep. Cancelo, Kane & Son could end up scoring more than some DGW players this week. Possibly Mahrez too if he starts tonight and gets rested in the cup game.

Advertisement