Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gran Turismo 7

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Nice to see all those credits coming in for the circuit experience

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Starting to get annoyed with the penalty system in the Sport racing in this.

Qualified fourth in today’s Manufacturer’s Cup race at Dragon Trail and got a brilliant start off the line, taking first position through the first corner. Led the entire race until the final lap when a car cuts right across me on the hairpin, pushes me almost off the track completely, takes the lead and gets no penalty at all. I get a perfect exit on a corner soon after and I’m about to pass him when the gowl break checks me. He ends up going slightly off the track, I’m thinking karma has sorted him right out as I retake the lead, only to be awarded a f**king 4 second penalty. Finished 2nd as a result.

That eejit knew exactly what he was doing, but the game seems to favour that sort of carry on. The online racing is absolutely brilliant but this craic needs sorting out with better AI.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Nice price increase in some of the races. Worth the update. Dunno weather to tackle the Nurburgring circuit experience and try for the 5mil or do the new missions. Also looks like circuit experience could be worth it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Those karts are quick! I hit about 170 km/h in one. Good fun to drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I haven't tried the karts yet, must buy one later. Am i right in saying they are all the same spec and can't be tuned?

• Advertisement

That's correct I believe, it'll be an even playing field until someone gets pushed off the track and all hell breaks loose. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

We'd be doing very well to even get that far without any "racing incidents" Jim.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,137 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Are we going to do a rolling, "3,2,1" or a 5 lights out, Away we go type of start?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Are you guys using controller or steering wheel, i dont wanna commit to a steering wheel unless im actually enjoying the game

• Advertisement

Controller at the moment until I get a stand for my wheel.

I occasionally use wheel when I can set it up (need to move furniture round) but not able to most nights due to number of dogs staying with us! (We do dog sitting/minding)

Controller for me as well, never owned a wheel before but you can get very good at this with just a controller.

Controller for me as well. Read a good tip on her to increase steering sensitivity and steer by holding the left stick up circling it to 9pm or 3pm to get precise steering.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 250 ✭✭SeamusAFA

G29 and Omega (I think) seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Playing on a wheel but the odd night I've used a controller it's be fine. Works really well on a wheel but also really well on a controller.

In fairness to PD they have done a good job on how the cars handle regardless of controller or wheel

After many frustrating attempts I finally got gold on Licence S-10 at Spa. What a bastard. Such relief.

So I just finished my first endurance race at the Red Bull Ring. Finished 16th (if I finished 15th I would have got a bronze trophy and 300,000 Cr).

The race started off dry and sunny, but as soon as the rain came, I changed to wet tyres which helped me run up to 7th in the race. At my last pit stop, I made the big mistake of switching to intermediate tyres when I should have gone to a medium or soft tyre.

I feel very very disappointed.

Fair play. It's one of those I find that you'll fail a million times by going into the puddles, but more than likely the first time you complete it will be a gold time, that was the case for me anyway.

Only made it as far as the last corner twice actually, and snuck over the line by a tenth or two the second time even with a horrible exit. 😂

I ended up getting a bronze medal in an endurance race last night, finishing 13th at Tsukuba driving a Mazda roadster car which was fun to drive and would be excellent for online racing.

Had to change tyres three times, started off on mediums, went onto hards, then onto intermediates and lastly, onto wet tyres.

Tyreing stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 250 ✭✭SeamusAFA

That the 1 hour one?

I won it with different strategy.

Start meds, fuel 3, can get about 16mins

meds again, fuel 6 when rain comes, stay on meds, rain clears get as far as can.

inters fuel 3, mind them until rain comes, fuel 6

then you will get last 10mins or so on meds again full power.

Make sure do it on medium or hard difficulty, seems easy difficult is the hardest for some strange GT7 reason

Yes it was the one hour one. I did enjoy that race as the Tsukuba circuit is one of my favourites. Thanks for those tips you provided.

Another update is due today. I don't what's in it yet.

Fairly small update.

A new update for Gran Turismo 7 has been released. The following is a list of the main features and adjustments introduced.

1. Brand Central

- Fixed an issue with the ‘Invitation’ feature wherein the invitations would inadvertently expire earlier than intended. Furthermore, with this update 'Invitations' from the manufacturers listed below will be distributed to all accounts who will log in-game by 24 April:

・Aston Martin

・Bugatti

・Citroën

・Ferrari

・Lamborghini

・Pagani

・Porsche

With the installation of Update 1.12, the invitations are now valid for 30 days from the time they are received.

2. World Circuits

- Fixed an issue wherein the BGM would not play at the start and finish lines of a race.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I was doing a race in the 600 Cup last night and started about 45 seconds behind the car in first place, such a broken system for an otherwise amazing game.

Those rolling starts are ridiculous when the gap is that big. I would love if they had qualifying for those events.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

787b is now in Legendary Cars section. I couldn’t resist. I must say the recent updates have made a huge difference. The WTC800 race at Sardegna is very easy to win and with clean race bonus gets you 740k in about 25 mins

Post edited by lee_baby_simms on

I'm hoping you will be able to sell your vehicles in the next update. I have nine karts I want to sell.

Was you expecting Mario & Luigi to turn up? :-)

• Advertisement

I got ten of them to pop a trophy. All have different colours, but I'm keeping the black and red one that I use to race against you and other boardsies.

Advertisement