Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Golf Simulator

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

SOR2010 wrote: »
    There plenty happening this year with Full swing Kit being launched, it’s promising a lot of data for $4000 will be interesting to see what price it will be in Europe

I seen the prototype and if it does all they say then it’s impressive. Quarter the price of trackman or quad and comes with ball and club head tracking.

I’d be curious to know which of their metrics (below) are actually measured as opposed to being calculated.

They have built their own game engine in Unity for this, I guess they will be moving away from E6.

1. Carry Distance
    2. Total Distance
    3. Side Carry
    4. Side Total
    5. Apex
    6. Launch Angle
    7. Horizontal Angle (Ball Direction)
    8. Attack Angle
    9. Club Speed
    10. Ball Speed
    11. Smash Factor
    12. Club Path
    13. Club Face
    14. Spin
    15. Spin Axis

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SOR2010

I seen the prototype and if it does all they say then it’s impressive. Quarter the price of trackman or quad and comes with ball and club head tracking.

I’d be curious to know which of their metrics (below) are actually measured as opposed to being calculated.

They have built their own game engine in Unity for this, I guess they will be moving away from E6.

1. Carry Distance
    2. Total Distance
    3. Side Carry
    4. Side Total
    5. Apex
    6. Launch Angle
    7. Horizontal Angle (Ball Direction)
    8. Attack Angle
    9. Club Speed
    10. Ball Speed
    11. Smash Factor
    12. Club Path
    13. Club Face
    14. Spin
    15. Spin Axis

That will be the biggest difference with Skytrak depending on calculated vs measured, supposed to getting info the end of this week from the CEO, if they can deliver what they promise it will be a game changer,
    But a lot of rumours on indoor/outdoor and sim play so would be great to have those cleared up,
    I play more on TGC than use the range on Skytrak

Some updated pictures of the sim, I made some changes this year and went away from the metal frame enclosure and decided to make a wooden frame to support the screen, I upgraded the Projector as well for 4k more for Cinema nights than golf usage, I pulled the curtains tight and tacked them against the wall and put grey insulation on the ceiling & floor. Very happy now with the outcome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,117 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

That is class.

Not jealous at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭searay

Very nice set up Sor2010.

I’m also a skytrak owner and really enjoying playing courses on TGC2019. It’s been great to play courses I know on it especially the ones designed by users like Naas Golf Club.

I’m interested in trying to build more courses and was wondering if you or any of the other TGC2019 sim users on here have done it can share your experiences. I have looked at videos online but haven’t found any that explain how to get LiDAR data for an Irish course build.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Innish_Rebel

Very little lidar available in Ireland as far as I know. I think your only hope would be if a road was recently built in the area then there might be lidar available, but not otherwise - I think.

I have tried building my home course (actually on TGC2019 on the XBOX rather than the version I use for the skytrak - just easier with controllers etc) at the start of lockdown. And made some decent progress but a couple of hilly sections & picking a bad starting point on my map led me to accidentally hitting the outer edges of the map hence suddenly I couldn't fit the right holes in the correct place!!! But yes the key one was getting hills right, hence lidar data would have been incredibly helpful... Most of the online youtube tutorials (CrazyCanuck1985 on youtube is excellent) are for made up builds where you're not trying to match to a certain slope etc so I hit a wall - took a break from it & unfortunately haven't gone back to it!!!

@SOR2010 I'm really jealous of your setup - proud of my own but my garage has to share with actual things that should be in a garage!!!

LiDAR isn’t very popular here at all as @Innish_Rebel mentioned unless a new road passes by, I tried to build my local course Tullamore but there’s LiDAR in the area, €300 and some guys will build a course for you, they say it can be done without LiDAR but its a lot of work!

@searay I didn’t realise Naas was on it must check it, It must be relatively new, I’ll have to check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

The whole country is covered by very good 1m terrain data, which gives about 25cm accuracy. It’s quite expensive though

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭searay

I don’t know who built Naas, but they’ve 3/4 versions of it of which I’ve played 2. Apart from an overly elevated green on the 2nd, I thought it was very good.

@SOR2010 I’m a fan of Tullamore Golf Club so would give your build a go if you decide to publish it.

@Golfgraffix how expensive would you estimate for the LiDAR for a course in Ireland? The US builders seen to be able to clip it from a free database.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,544 ✭✭✭blue note

How have the handicaps gone since installing these?

• Advertisement
Advertisement