Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moon Knight - Disney+ (***Spoilers***)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Not sure what I watched there however I did like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,134 ✭✭✭✭Penn

It's obviously a lot of setup, especially as this is the first Marvel TV show without any prior MCU characters. It's hard to determine what the actual stakes are though. I enjoyed the episode a lot and I thought Oscar Isaac gave a great performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Very watchable and interesting first episode I thought. Not a standard superhero intro and all the better for it.

Oscar Isaacs accent which initially was distracting became a lot less so as it went on. It looked lush and well made with a few notable exceptions.

Some of the CGI was absolutely brutal...bits in the car chase were shocking....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

1: That was fun. Think I've got the gist of it and that it's still very much at the intro to a new character and background.

I liked that some of the special effects got the moon in and that it wasn't just a bright white orb 🙂 It's not easy to photo/video the moon!

So for any things I was curious about..

I'm guessing he either owns that apartment or gets money from somewhere else. Hardly renting a place in the middle of london on a gift show salary.. or the show could just be taking liberties.. fine either way.

I'm putting him and his mythos sometime after the Eternals.. so like maybe there's a link or not.. maybe it's a bit too far

Could touch off Apocalypse in the ancient times and/or the X-Men now either.. but maybe unlikely.. though the trailer for Dr Strange 2 would have me thinking about it.

Wonder what that European country was. All hills and fancy castle and all. Hardly Sokovia. Maybe one of the Alps countries.

I wouldn't exactly say it was very brutal. The flashback/forword parts maybe. They didn't need to advertise it like that though, the show has plenty more going on.

Anyway, it comes across fine so far. Hawke did fine in his scenes too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I had mixed feelings on this. On the bright side, Isaac was good, and Hawke comes across as an intriguing character. I liked the car chase and the trippy aspects. On the other hand, the CGI was hugely disappointing. I'm not sure I've seen it worse than this. I thought the introduction of the costume was a big let-down. Tough to get immersed in visuals that are akin to a game cutscene from the 2000s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Shred

Good opening episode I thought, plenty of intrigue to at least make me come back for the second episode.

@Slydice It looked like Bavaria, the castle looked like Neuschwanstein to me at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,223 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I Can't Believe It's Not Venom.

Could be Bavaria in the show. Just watched Graces breakdown of the episode and the filming was Slovenia

• Registered Users Posts: 23,867 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Interesting. So I take it this will proceed like Batman now where he'll be kicking the sh!te out of people at night? 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,179 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Good first impressions I watched without any knowledge of who was staring in this and a limited character bio too very fast pace the villain took me by surprise when I found out who it was. The story should be a good one with a very fast development at the end of the episode looking forward to episode 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,598 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

That was an intriguing first episode - entertaining enough to keep me watching - know nothing about the source

If you want bad CGI watch the first episode of Halo - that was PC game level

p.s. Ethan Hawke looks really old in this for someone 51

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,821 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Amazing its the same universe as talking raccoons and ducks etc

Did enjoy the first episode and feel this could be great. Laughted at the monster thing trying to run away at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Apothic_Red

Knew nothing about it, was really impressed, Issac did a great job with the accent

• Registered Users Posts: 21 poppysee

Watched the first episode last night and so far it seems like Moon Knight is off to a great start!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Watched Ep1 last night and honestly I didn't have a clue what was going on.

2: Parkour! 🙂

Felt like a bit of a mixed bag this one. Some bits felt dull but some scenes very exciting!

So now..

a move to Cairo? I think.

I wonder if Layla came with or maybe followed.

I did like that superhero landing in the different suit! 🙂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,598 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Just had to read the Wiki page about the character to have any understanding of what is going on especially regards to who Mark/Steven is

Not sure I'm liking the comedy/fish out of water aspect part of the show - expected something a bit more darker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

I watched episode 1. Utter garbage .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,254 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Out of curiosity, I scanned the QR code that was in the storage locker. It's a link to a free online Moon Knight comic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I'm just so confused about the DID thing; how come Steven didn't know about Marc before, he clearly suspected with the ankle restraints and the sand but had he not missed days before the first episode and if not, what was Marc doing? Just dishing out justice in London? Marc supposedly had a whole life but Layla has never heard of Steven so is the DID a new thing? I just think it's either poorly written or poorly explained.

Steven's "suit" > Marc's suit

I think they've put us (the audience) into Stevens perspective. I think there's a few clues that

he doesn't know because maybe he hasn't been around much. Almost as if Marc was the main user of the body before something happened.

Where could it be leading.. i dunno. It looks like they are intro-ing a new character using this technique. Feels fair to not overload it all at once.

If I was to guess.. Marc was involved in something really bad.. wanted to make up for it.. made a deal to work for Khonshu to try but had to allow for Steven as part of the price. Seems also that he didn't want Layla involved or to know so I guess she wasn't there when the bad thing went down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,223 ✭✭✭✭flazio

The one above the fire extinguisher in the last episode also went to the same link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Second episode was okay I thought. The story is very whacky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Marvel are churning out some absolute garbage.

3: It's wierd.. there was action, adventure and special effects in this episode but.. it all kinda felt a bit dull.

Ethan Hawkes performance in his few scenes felt stronger than most of the episode.

The crunches of the glass in his slippers at the end! 😬

Was able to get the location on google maps for the coordinates they gave. It's..

on the border of Egypt and Libya

Link: https://goo.gl/maps/f2Ckm9V6yfY3UGyT8

So anyway.. I guess

this Ammit is on the way.. one way or another. I wonder will Ammit just be represented by Hawke like the other gods or maybe be shown like Konshu is.. well.. was

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,254 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I am a bit confused how the communication between Stephen and Marc works since it seems to rely on mirrors sometimes but just voice in head at other times.

So seems to be a third personality who's got no problem with violence. No comic spoilers please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,821 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Surely the eternals have something to do with all of this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,896 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

He sounds like Jude Law in Contagion. That is not a good thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

There's a hint to a three personality in the first episode too 😉

Advertisement