Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭AdrianG08

In fairness to Guardiola, he is a class act.

Whilst it's completely valid to question his non Barca record in the champions League, it's overly simplistic to say he takes over great teams, spends a shed load of money and that's his trick.

He is meticulous to the point of neuroticism. World class coach + massive pots of cash = almost unbeatable over a 38 game season. Unlimited money doesn't guarantee success, but it helps.

As I said before, I'm struggling to find a game in the last 3 seasons where we were comfortable with City. It's a horrible game for Liverpool, the one side who show they have a higher ceiling than us. As they should do I must add, given their resources.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Robert2014

Let's hope Pep tinkers again one time too many between now and the end of the season!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

He really is a class act, and it gets forgotten far too easily and often. City do have every advantage with the limitless funds they can dip into, but bags of cash can't be put on a football pitch and play the game, and world class players can't either without proper direction and coaching or you end up like Man United.

What Pep can do for a team who are willing to back him financially and from a sporting point of view, is nothing short of extraordinary. He's dominated three of the top 5 European leagues and only in the last 3 years has he found a worthy adversary in Klopp.

You'll always see his record in the Champions League after 2011 as a stick to beat him with, and he deserves a bit of criticism for some of the decisions he's made at times in big European games, but cup football is a very different beast and can suit lesser teams in some cases (like ourselves in 2017/18, reaching the UCL final while we barely managed a top four finish in the league).

When he leaves Man City, I certainly won't miss him as a Liverpool fan, but I'll be excited to see where he turns up next and I'll surely be watching some of his games in Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭atilladehun

Lots of teams have been wealthier than all the other teams in the past but none of them have built a team in this way. Look how Chelsea spent or real before that it ac Milan before that. They essentially built teams in conventional ways. They bought the best players they could. Pep actually buys the best players for him (until last summer possibly). Those teams of the past had styles but they were often based around getting their best players to do their best skill. Peps team plan is different, based on how he sees the game.

It's a unique way to do it and a unique obstacle for Liverpool to overcome. That's why i enjoy it. I also wish he'd F off too though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Bayerns stadium has a bigger population than Villarreal apparently..mad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/u25rcd/salahs_allround_stats_since_returning_from_the/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Very interesting visualisation of Salah stats since he came back from AFCON.

The only area he's not performing is actually scoring.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Firminos

And why is it not a valid stick to beat him with. Its bordering on pathetic that he has messed up the CL so many times with City and Bayern even.

You clearly stopped reading my post midway through that sentence, didn’t you? 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Firminos

Haha , No you said why it shouldn't be used as a stick to beat him with. Says he deserves a bit of criticism. CL is the pinnacle and without Messi he cant win it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Population/capacity? I assumed that was just a mistake 😋

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,098 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Not sure exactly how much rotation there will be tonight but there will be some I would guess.

Maybe one of the full backs with the other rotated at the weekend. Maybe it's Gomez & Robbo tonight with TAA & Tsimikas starting at the weekend, to retain at least one first choice per game.

Konate should start tonight.

I think Keita will start tonight and Hendo too. I don't think Fabinho & Thiago will start. Maybe Jones? Ox in from the cold? Not very likely as he is not even involved in match day squads lately.

Diaz & Bobby will probably start and I would want Salah to be rested tonight but unsure if that would happen.

Extremely quiet here for second leg of CL QF. Are we all drained after Sunday?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Told ye it’d be a weakened team. 😉

A lot more rotation than I expected!

Still a decent team out. Should have enough to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Infoseeker1975

Absolutely hate when I see a midfield with Hendo & Milner, hopefully they both have a stormer now:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Great to be able to make 5 subs if needed with that bench.

Benfica battling away at 0-1 up in the second half only to see Salah, Mane, Fabinho, Trent and Thiago all coming on together in a 5 man sub would be an amusing sight.

Obviously I hope we batter them from the first to the final whistle.

• Advertisement

A good, strong, Brexit midfield.

Those continental posers will be squealing for their madre e padre.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭SeamusAFA

Was expecting changes but not that many.

VVD rested is a surprise.

5 subs though if have to change is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Some changes in the defence. Yes all 4 have played some part this season but I say Van Dyke was always there also. Hope they do well. As last night game prove do not rest on your first leg advantage

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

That's still a good solid side. Having 5 subs available - hope it is not necessary.

Really glad Salah not playing and I hope he gets zero game time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Hoping for a boring no fuss 2-0 win.

It could get messy if we're not on our game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

I did not expect that many changes. Hopefully a nice early goal for us and the main lads can stay on the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

I feel Salah must need some sort of rest and fantastic he can have one more. Please Jesus it's a comfortable win and plenty of rests are had ahead of Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

Milner for a yellow 4/1

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

33 years, Christ.

• Advertisement

Interesting that it's Diaz on the right. I had thought that he was a staunch LW man. Transfermarket has him playing 5 career games on the right but 170 on the left.

Only the two changes for City, hope they're made work for it and they go the extra 30 minutes. Could help on Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

RW is the one place we struggle now when we have to rest Salah. Jota has been played there a few times and has been largely anonymous and Diaz does not like stay out on the wing there when he plays. I assume Harvey Elliot was initially the back up plan for Salah but has not been involved for whatever reason as of late...

Milner has been very ropey so far 😬

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

That was a dreadful free kick anyway 🤣🤣🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Jota is everywhere. What a fantastic bit of business he was.

Milner should really have scored there. Tbf, I know he is a bit rusty and not used to those situations

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Goalllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

The big man can't stop scoring 😁

Get dafuq in Konate

• Advertisement

Goal scoring sensation!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,201 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Ibou loves Benfica

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Konate you HERO

Lovely stuff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Konate is the man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Ibra is such a monster. All you need to do is hit him and its in.

That was some finish by Nunez

Well off.

Konate is some beast! Didn't realise he had a goal in him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Wouldn't mind a cheeky Nunez bid. Looks a right good player. Offside there but what a finish.

• Advertisement
Advertisement