Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Facebook troubles

• 13-04-2022 11:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭

I can't access Facebook on my phone. Suddenly they want me to put in email and passwords that I put in years ago. I'm getting nowhere. Any tips please?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

You ok hun?pm me xo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Ha ha. OMG, like, the worst day of moi loife.

Seriously, all my family live abroad, so I want to keep in touch with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭sam t smith

Are any of them on the Bebo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

I thought this thread would be about facebook being in trouble

/leaves disappointed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,537 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I dream of the day when they are bankrupt and their Dublin HQ gets turned in to a supersized hostel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Mine is working OK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

first world problems heh?🤤

Thanks for the laughs, yeah, I could have worded that a bit better. I can access my account ok on the laptop but not on the mobile. I'm scared stiff of being hacked. I suppose less wasted time now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

I never used facebook, it sounds like your mobile browser or the fb app has forgotten your username, password,

, i presume you know your FB password and username

and are not just using auto login from the laptop browser.

just go to login on facebook.com from the chrome browser,on your phone, put in password ,username and see what happens.

you should have 2 factor authentication set up on your fb account

There was a hack at facebook about 14 months ago, Approx 500k irish users data was acessed by hackers,

every fb user should have chaged their fb password in the last year as a precaution.

every

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭sam t smith

Did you try facebuke, OP?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭goldenmick

Whatever happened to good old phone calls, or texting someone.

Don't know why people bother with that Facebook shite. Telling half the world your personal business and fishing for "likes" that mean absolutely bugger all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,275 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

post all the passwords you can remember and we'll tell you which one it was

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,647 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

What browser do you use, Firefox or Google Chrome, in laptop anyway go to the top right and you see three dots click on that and go to settings, go to the section called auto-fill and your browser should have your passwords. click passwords and hopefully your saved passwords will be in there. I don't know if you can do this through the phone though.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Thanks all for taking the time and trouble to respond. I'll follow up on the tips.

I don't post for likes, and I don't have phone numbers for most people. It's my family group pages I enjoy, sharing events and information. Family all over the world, but at least on there we're together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Just use WhatsApp. If you have a few family members then set up a family group.

I deleted my Facebook account about 7 years ago and I've never given it a second thought. From what I can see when my wife shows me something on it, then it's mostly just advertisements on it now.

Thanks all. I managed to sort it, not quite sure what I did, but it works. It's a real rabbit Warren of menus and sub menus.

Advertisement