Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What did you dream about last night?

• 09-04-2022 8:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,853 ✭✭✭✭

Last night I had two dreams.

One I was back in my old secondary school in my old secondary school.

I put my bag in the Irish teachers room and went down stairs. I then noticed I knew nobody there and I realised I went to school instead of work.

I ran back for my bag and it didn't have my work uniform in it just loads of school books.

The other was I was driving down a flooded road and there was queueing traffic and I skidded to a stop but another car hit me from behind.

What did you dream about last night?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

The way my short term memory is... by the time I have made coffee ....

Rugby being banned off the tv 🙏

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

I can't remember when I last had a dream that I could recall for more than a couple of minutes after waking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭sam t smith

Being a trillionaire. Same as every night.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭NedsNotDead

That I couldn't find my glasses. The odd thing being I don't wear glasses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

didn't dream of anything, but i bit my tongue so hard i woke up in agony (first time it ever happened)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,904 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

The M50 motorway of all things, and I often have very strange dreams that I can remember snippets of very clearly.

Apparently there was some little village right beside the Westlink toll Bridge over-the Strawberry Beds where a really complex multi-level interchange was being built and somehow I had to supply the denizens of the village with the right type of soil and flowers to stave off an evil night beast or else the interchange would not be finished and people would drive right off the unfinished bridges to their demise...

A couple of night before, I had a disturbing dream of accompanying a teenage alcoholic around a huge hypermarket urging him not to drink and we were both being pursued by the cops and his parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭goldenmick

I dreamed I was awake. But when I woke up I was asleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,837 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I went to Termonfeckin to buy a monkey…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,443 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Funny this thread came about. Just before I woke up this morning I dreamt my mam came into my bedroom and told me one of my friends was at the door. It was around 6:15 and I must have been half asleep because I woke up a second later thinking it was real. I was utterly perplexed as to why a friend who I actually hadn't seen in years would just turn up at my door at this time in the morning. That being said, this friend was a bit mad anyway so it wouldn't surprise me tbh. I went downstairs and asked my mam if she was in my room earlier and she said no so I just took it as I must have dreamed it.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

That I changed my clothes in a place of work, in a corridor while my mother came to collect me there; then I was a on bus with a friend, and the bus had to pull into a garage when problems arose, and we had to wait be collected

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

I keep having this recurring dream where I return to my previous job, except instead of pharmaceutical products, the place is full of bats and we have to do experiments on them. Lately there seems to be some Ukrainians working there too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,853 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Myself and Volodymyr Zelenskyy(Ukrainian president) had a task of protecting Paul Mescal.

We were in being followed and shot at.

We were hiding in a building and I saw Zelenskyy shot Paul in the stomach. I then realised he wasn't one of the good guys.

A lunged at him and we struggled.

I looked around and couldn't see Paul anywhere and I woke up.

Is Paul Mescals 15 minutes of fame over now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,576 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I dreamt that I had a massive penis and there was a que of hot girls all the way down the street waiting to ride me. I'd finish with one and another would hop on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Always chase your dreams....

Just be careful you don't get 2 year's in the joy....

Post edited by Riesen_Meal on

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭goldenmick

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,904 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Last night I dreamed that I was in Celbridge of all places, with an old work colleague (and now a good friend) - She was living there in a huge housing estate and was going to fly on a 747 jumbo jet to a Red Cross environmentalist conference in Bristol. She invited me along and we were running along the road in the rain to catch the airplane which took off from the road itself.

However, something happened and the plane was unable to safely take off so we said our goodbyes and I then walked into the town centre and saw to my annoyance that the next bus back to Dublin was over an hour away - so I walked into a McDonalds and ordered a Big Mac and large fries, only the portion of fries was truly measly and I wasn’t impressed.

Later I was in a car with my older sister and the Queen of England but it was back in the 1970s and the Queen was mourning one of her childhood nannies, it was somewhere near Islandbridge...

Yes, I am aware my dreams are freaky! 😁

Post edited by JupiterKid on

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭mistersifter

@JupiterKid That's a bit mad. I came on to write about a similar-ish dream about airplanes and saw your post just before mine.

I was flying to Bolivia to a city called Los Charcos, which doesnt actually exist. Amazing coastal views as we were landing but the plane had some problem and had to land in the middle of a normal city street. There were old people on deck chairs on the plane too for some reason which I thought was gas.

Then there was some sort of emergency evacuation once we landed. Lost my phone then and couldn't find anyone I had flown with so I was a pretty freaked in the end. And I had to get the locals off the street in case the plane exploded.

Never going back to Los Charcos!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 _Artemis_

I don't remember my dreams.

Post edited by _Artemis_ on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Last night I dreamt I was in school and I hadn't done my German homework for a test later in the day and I was going to be found out. Old school anxiety dream.

I'm applying for jobs and doing interview prep at the moment. Must be to do with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,275 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Last week I had a very similar dream. I was sitting in the middle of my old classroom, completely naked. All the kids were pointing and laughing at me. Then. like you, I realised they weren't the kids I went to school with but they still looked somewhat familiar. Next thing you know, the principal comes running in roaring and shouting and drags me out.

Turned out it wasn't a dream after all. I suppose the lesson is not to do hallucinogens before you have to go in and teach 1st year Geography.

Advertisement