Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,437 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Do you need to watch it in order or could I watch the final season on its own?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

The Bubble has ben panned by critics but I thought it was worth a watch with a few laughs throughout. Kind of similar to Don't Look Up, just keep your expectations fairly low and you'll find it's passable entertainment

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭bullpost

Watched The Goldfinch. Really enjoyed it - Interesting story with plenty drama and looks great.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,609 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

The missing is good! Pity the Baptiste spin off was pretty poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Good Time.

A very well made thriller with Robert Pattinson, flew under the radar for me when it released a few years back but would well recommend it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Netflix is giving users yet another way to rate content, improving upon the existing “thumbs up” and “thumbs down” rating options. The company announced today that users will now be able to give a TV show or movie a “Two Thumbs Up” rating to indicate that “you love” what you just watched.

https://9to5mac.com/2022/04/11/netflix-adds-new-two-thumbs-up-rating/]

at least we know where the price rise is going

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

The star system was much better.

The Creature Cases (2022) Season 1 - Special agents Sam and Kit hop the globe with their sleuthing skills, science facts and cool gadgets to solve the animal kingdom's many mysteries.

Hard Cell (2022) Season 1 - Hard Cell is a documentary style comedy set in the fictional female prison, HMP Woldsley. Writer and creator Catherine Tate plays multiple characters from Laura Willis, the Governor who believes creativity leads to rehabilitation, to Big Viv, the psychopath lifer. Set over a 6 week period during which the inmates rehearse a musical directed by ex-Eastender’s star Cheryl Fergison. Rehearsals draw together an oddball collection of women as they find their voices, grow in confidence and strengthen their friendships.

Jump like a Witch (2022) Season 1 (Korean) - Female celebrities gather on court to learn from seasoned coaches and train for victory as members of a newly formed amateur basketball team

Ultimate Force (2006) Season 1 - This covert combat series focuses on the Red Troop, an elite group of soldiers from the British military's Special Air Service group

Added

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

What dirt does Catherine Tate have on people that she's got a film in the cinema and a new series on Netflix 🤷‍♀️

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

That's already been around a while on Netflix on some platforms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Jarhead_Tendler

Medici netflix series. Drama- 3 seasons with 8 epsisodes in each. I would not recommend. I have found all seasons extremely slow and boring. Almost finished it and can't wait to be done if i am honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭dublin49

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Critics weren't very kind which put me off, but did love the book so might give it a go.

Was hoping it would perform better, and inspire an adaptation of one of her other books, The Secret History.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Never heard of it until it just happened to come on a couple of weeks ago on RTE. I watched it and really enjoyed it too. It was only after watching it I decided to look it up and was surprised at the bad reviews and low ratings, it didn't deserve that IMO. Well worth a watch.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

18 year-old daughter was watching Hard Cell today and heard a good few lol moments. She said the ending was excellent so might give it a try.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Tate was good in Doctor Who. Definitely played up with her noted abrasive characterisation style but also showed good acting chops for the dramatic parts.

I think you know what you're going to get with Tate, so if you've liked her before you'll probably like her again. Her comedy isn't for me, although her posh mum character was an exception.

Thought it was brutal.....awful waste of time....a bit of toilet humour har har.. the on going constant joke is tate's 2nd in command being referred to as " number 2"....... it's been panned by the critics..... like really slaughtered..... can't say I blame them.... it's dire

Has Together, Together been added? I see it listed on Just Watch but it's not showing up on Netflix when I search it. Heard very good things about it last year.

• Advertisement

Our Great National Parks (2022) - Narrated by former President Barack Obama, this stunning docuseries shines the spotlight on some of the planet's most spectacular national parks

Almost Happy (2020) Season 2 (Spanish) - Sebastián is a radio show host of modest fame, trying to find a way in the world as he deals with his ex-wife (whom he still loves) and two kids.

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

It's available to me in the UK but something seems off with how it's been added.

• I have it on my letterboxd watch list but is still down as unavailable
    • On just watch it's marked as not available on my services but then Netflix is listed as a viewing option.
    • I can find it and watch it on Netflix but it looks like it's missing all the usual supplementary content (a proper piece of cover art, a trailer etc.) which makes the listing look a little broken.

Thanks for the heads up though. Looking forward to watching it.

Edit: here's what it looks like

If I click in through the JustWatch link it gives me that second picture. It plays but I can't find it any other way. Strange alright.

Edit: I clicked on add to my list and now it's showing up on the app in the list 🤷‍♀️

From what I can tell, the bad reviews were coming from those who read the book. I knew nothing about it before watching the film so had no preconceptions.

I read the book and absolutely hated it, to the point where I wouldn't even consider watching the film. But... if the bad reviews are coming from people who liked the book..... maybe the film is.... good? 🤔

I did the exact same but I wasn't sure if by accessing it via the JustWatch link I somehow unlocked it or if it was already there to begin with.

Very odd, I might watch it ASAP in case it's removed.

I had never heard of The Goldfinch, the book or the movie, until it recently came up on this thread and on further investigation it brought to light that it was directed by John Crowley who previously did both Intermission and Brooklyn. I feel like I have a massive blind spot when it comes to his filmography beyond those 'big 2'.

Whatever else can be thrown at it , theres no denying it looks fantastic on screen.

The King of Staten Island (2020) - Struggling since the death of his firefighter dad years ago, a tattoo artist's directionless life derails when his mom begins dating another fireman

Benidorm (2018) Season 9 - This long-running comedy series follows an ensemble of vacationers and hotel staff members as they cross paths at an all-inclusive resort in Spain

The Worst Witch (2020) Season 4 - After stumbling into a school for witches, a bumbling heroine comes to realize that she just might belong there. Based on Jill Murphy's beloved books

Ultraman (2019) Season 2 (Japanese) - Decades ago, a hero from the stars left this world in peace. Now, the son of Ultraman must rise to protect the Earth from a new alien threat

Added

Better call Saul final season coming tomorrow Ep1 & 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Better call Saul final season coming tomorrow Ep1 & 2 @peteeeed

I don't think that's arriving until Tuesday 19th, I hope you are right though.

Advertisement