Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easter Egg Deals

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Aldi have the "medium" 129g-ish eggs 99c . Offer only started today I think as I was in there yesterday and they were normal price.

The display was about half gone from yesterday, still plenty there though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Patsy167

€3 for the large eggs in Dunnes including the Mars, Cardbury, and Nestle range

Just on Tesco website looks like medium eggs 3for €3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,731 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭djdunny

Not a deal, more of a question. Anyone know why there are almost no Mars small eggs this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭Invincible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭Invincible

Lidl had their €7.99 eggs down to €4.99 last night. Milk chocolate with hazelnut and Dark chocolate orange available.

Anyone know where to buy Skellig branded eggs in South Dublin?

Say won't be the cheapest as its an Irish brand :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭bromley52

Nice chocolate though and probably worth the extra over the generic muck that's out there.

You could try contacting the factory as they should know where it's sold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,826 ✭✭✭✭zell12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭caviardreams

They have them in donnybrook fair, natural bakery company and (i think) butlers pantry!

Aldi's Roisin eater egg (made by lilly O'Brien) is an alternative option if you are just looking for something Irish made -

https://groceries.aldi.ie/en-GB/ALDIIE/p-honeycomb-easter-egg-270g-roisins/4088600369587

Thanks yeah, the other other half really likes it. Have found small bars but not eggs and their website closed because they were too busy a while back.

Found this on their website...thanks, will go for a drive later.

https://skelligschocolate.com/stockists/

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭mankteln

Hi anyone know where sells the Cadbury mini eggs Easter egg that has pieces of mini egg in the shell?

My partner really wanted one last year but had gestational diabetes so wasn't able. Can't see them anywhere this year though?

Found loads of Skellig eggs in Bramhall Stores....actually not as expensive as Lindt. A 500g egg was €19 whereas the same size Lindt bunny in Dunnes is €25

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

So... any easter egg deals? Anyone see any multi-buy offers still in the shops?

I was in Supervalu earler and I think the cheapest egg was €6.

Are there even eggs left in the shop?

I was in dunnes this morning and no Cadbury, nestle or lindt.....they did have baileys and another higher market egg, can't remember. Both over 10euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭crayon80

Lidl have half price (ish) Easter chocolate, not necessarily eggs though. Things like 52% off bags of small filled eggs and reduced price easter bunnies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

Bought 2 of the medium/large ones, 10 euros each. They're not part of the recall, but bloody nervous to give them to the kids now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭djdunny

Loads of small cadburys (Crunchie & Crème egg) in Dunnes Jetland (Limerick) reduced to 99c

The ones that were 5 for a fiver at one point?

Dunnes in Connelscourt were running low just before. M&S Dundrum out of eggs completely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,677 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Was in Aldi and Dunnes earlier in the forlorn hope of getting 3 for 3, not a thing in either of them except for the 20 euro eggs in Dunnes.

Out of interest what day in general do you have to get them in the run up to Easter Sunday to be certain of stock? Would there have been any left yesterday or were they sold out then too? Probably guessing you'd have to get them Wednesday to be sure of getting anything? Will plan better next year....

I think it really depends on what you're looking for.

We get the lindt bunny eggs for the kids, usually the one in the hutch or if we can get the set with the chocolate carrots and lambs (only managed that once) ....this range never really comes down in price so I'd be buying them a few weeks in advance.

I was in Tesco clarehall (which is a good size Tesco) on Saturday the 9th....I didn't notice any of the medium eggs left, they had a good range of the large ones, I think the large ones were on offer and extra large. A good section of floor space was given over to eggs shelves and pallets.

Dunnes on Friday and only had 8 of the 3 foot shelves, so what 24 foot of eggs left , they were the large expensive eggs.

If you want a particular egg I would definitely have it bought 1-2 weeks before Easter.

The offers tend to be medium eggs 1Euro, large eggs 2 for 8 or 3 for 9 euro. ....the extra large only get a couple of euro knocked off, or else maybe 2 for 20.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,677 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Thanks Princess. I was only after 3 of the small 99c ones just as a treat.I did get 3 a couple of weekends ago but of course they were scoffed in no time. But it sounds like I need to be a bit more organised rather than meandering to a supermarket at 5pm on Easter Saturday hoping to see stocks.

I dont really buy chocolate anymore since it ballooned in price in the shops. Once it hit 1.50 for a regular bar that was me out, think its 1.90 in my local shop now and it keeps going up. So it is nice to get some at Easter time and Xmas when there are actually some good deals about. Will definitely be a bit more organised next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,027 ✭✭✭appledrop

Our Easter bunny will be bringing one but have already explained to 5 year old that just in case we won't be eating the chocolate, just keeping the toy.

The Easter Bunny will leave another chocolate egg instead. He is grand with that, it's the toy he mainly likes it for anyway.

I don't fancy spending rest of Easter Holidays in A&E even though as you said they are not part of recall, I wouldnt trust them.

Not a single egg left in our local Dunnes Stores, even the expensive ones were gone.

Sometimes your local shop might have eggs left after Easter on sale because they are never able to compete with supermarket prices, so people don't buy them as quick so sometimes some are left over.

Although this year the supermarket ones seemed to sell very quick so people may indeed have paid extra in local shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

Yeah that's what myself and hubbie just decided too. I think the kids will be fine with it, they'll have a few other eggs to eat.

Great minds think alike!

Hasn't being an issue at all in our house.

Kinder egg in bin, scoffing the butlers Easter Bunny instead that Easter bunny also brought.

Very expensive tastes for a 5 year old😁

• Advertisement

Some of the favorina easter range 50% off in LIDL this morning - mini eggs, bunnies, chocolate lollies.

Advertisement