Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Yep I managed to fit him in on 10 alongside Weghorst. Looking forward to giving him a go later.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I really wished I done Weghorst!! I think this is going to be my FOMO of the year 😣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,518 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Finally freshened the team up a bit, long overdue: (everyone on 10 chem in-game except Insigne)

Haven’t tried it yet but it should be great fun for a while. Changes were Insigne, Quagliarella, Maignan and Cozza coming in for Gold Neymar, Birthday Fekir, Mid Cech and Gold Kimpembe respectively. Still have Fekir on the bench for his ridiculous long shots but the rest are history. Packed a Future Stars Vlahovic as well today but I can’t fit him in and he doesn’t come close to Weghorst anyway. Actually didn’t even make the bench as Origi is still banging them in for me late on in games.

More than likely going to upgrade Cozza to PIM Baresi later on tonight and I’d love to upgrade Petit to his PIM version but it’s not a cheap one. I’ll never stray from 3 at the back. 😁

Don’t get Baresi!! There will be better, he’s too slow.

If I’d been doing the Icon swaps then Cannavaro would’ve been ideal but I couldn’t be arsed keeping up with them. Baresi has 80 pace and decent agility for a centre back, but yeah the price does seem too good to be true for a 94 rated centre back.

I have to say, Cozza’s alright but I miss Kimpembe already. Might bring him back in for the craic and just go full rat. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Finally pulled some FUT captain cards - Gunter from a run of the mill Prime Electrum pack I think and then Koke from the Campaign Bag - he looks decent enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,984 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

1-1 in the 70th, dominating my opponent.....so he quits and I get nothing for 10 minutes of effort

Also I feel like nothing shows how much Icons need a rework than the fact that a lot of Heroes (players deemed not good enough to be Icons) now have better cards than most Icons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I don't know this year's WL. Do I have to enter this weekend's, as in I'm automatically entered, or can I save it to a weekend of my choosing like last year? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Yeah you can save until whatever weekend you want once you are qualified.

Nice, I battered on anyway lol. Thankyou.

Just got what I think is my first 14 wins of the year, with a game to spare too. These are the boys and the system that did it:

Rewards were terrible but I'm not even mad it was actually fun.

I scraped the playoffs, now I'm in the what what?? It's saying champions finals. So I have to what?

Wtf is going on. I qualify to qualify to get stuffed after doing a bit of qualifying?

Jeez

Now I've qualified for something, can I roll that something over to whenever I want to do something?

• Administrators Posts: 54,172 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

You pay 10 playoff games, you need to win 5 of them to qualify. Qualification gives you a Finals Token.

You can redeem this finals token on any weekend, it doesn't have to be the next weekend. Once you redeem it, you've entered the Finals, and you've to play 20 matches at the end of which you'll get rewards based on your performance.

You've to win at least 8/20 games to get a TOTW pack, below this you will still get red picks with standard packs.

• Advertisement

I had a bad run last night where I got the same clown twice who quit from tip off... A first... and then it was 1-1 in the third game going to ET and he quit as well. Three in a row.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,327 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

I was on the other side of the coin for once. Ended up at 11-7 so I had two wins to give away since I couldn’t finish any higher, straight into the first game against a strong looking team and he had kickoff so it was his lucky day. He kicks off and passes it straight back to a midfielder and does about a thousand ball rolls going nowhere trying to bait the press from me. It was at that point I decided no f**king way is someone like that deserving of a free win. He scored first and I thought about just quitting and moving on, but I played on for a bit, managed to go up the other end and score a cutback literally on the goal line after the ball just went behind his keeper.

Cue the Turn and Zoom celebration, and I close the game.

I’d never condone quitting a draw normally, but it really is the only way to deal with a ball rolling eejit. 😁

How did you find Tadic? I packed him yesterday and wondering should I just sell him or keep him.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Flashback Herrera 😍

im presuming PIM Beckham has been scrapped though :(

• Advertisement

Rank VI:

84 Brandt and 88 Barella from Red Picks.

84 Szoboszlai the best in TOTW pack.

50k and 100k packs had a few 84s and 85s, nothing to write home about.

PIM Petit SBC appears after I bought him yesterday for 660k, FML.

Roll on TOTS, I reckon Nkunku will get one, he has been overlooked all season 🙃

Surely he sets a record most special cards or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

well EA did everything to avoid giving his Headliners card an upgrade. He's deserved a ton of totw cards. OTW and HL promotions are basically obsolete since EA will avoid overpowering cards early in the game.

I bought Ronaldo's otw card back in fifa20 and EA did everything to avoid giving him a totw card right upto Mar/April..I had already sold it by that stage as I've give up on they giving him a totw card but towards the end that card went upto a 98 after the release of the tots cards etc.

Mane looks insane now 95 rated rttf potential to goto 98

From the third tier SBC of the Chinese League.

though, WOW, he’s only 73k at the moment? That’s wild.

Loving Petit's card. Sorry I did Fernandinho as his body type (lean) is not suited to the CDM role while Petit does the job brilliantly and has fantastic interceptions. Trying to decide now if I do his sbc now or not.

Red picks:

84 Szoboszlai

84 Brandt

86 Bourigeaud

If Beckham doesn’t come soon, I’m doing Petit. Had his prime two or three years ago and he was amazing. Plus I love easily identifiable cards like him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

My xbox power supply went bang on Friday so no weekend league for me. I've no interest in buying another xbox as I only play fifa on it really. Fired up the 10 hour trial on PC and started a new ultimate team. Good god, the lower divisions are tragic. Lads in division 8 with amazing teams. I'm up to div 4 after a day with this team. Very hard to make coins. Haven't bought any players and only have 20k so far. Saving for HL Laborde. Fun experience to start from scratch with whatever random players you can cobble together. Also the PC version supports ultrawide monitors which is what I use with the Xbox so the game looks even better.

yeah pc version was awesome for the widescreen support..you could nearly see the whole pitch plus its a lot easier on pc

• Advertisement

Just had a bit of luck on the preview packs, got a man of the match which quick sells for 15k, then Lewandowski comes out of the next one (worth 65k) and then fut captain Henderson comes out of the next who sells for 380k.

Yeah I’ve found the same with preview packs too… when my luck is in, it’s usually 3-4 in a row! Most I’ve gotten is about 70k profit in 4 packs.

Anyone doing the Captain Fantastic objective which you have to use pro camera in, if you pause and make a sub it fixes the camera. Just found that out when I am nearly done 😑 Was wondering why so many early subs 😆

the new 81 pp seems good, did 4 and got 3 walk outs incl the new Payet card.

I would do them if my club wasn’t already barren from the batch last week! All that’s left is 80+ rated for the daily SBCs

Upgraded my 88 Petit to the PIM version, don’t find much of an improvement so far tbh. Having said that, the gameplay is utterly atrocious at the minute so every player feels like s**t.

I did the Del Piero loan SBC and switched to a 4222 formation to fit him in and I wasn't blown away.

I am on the fence now about doing the Del Piero SBC or rolling the dice with a PIM pack instead. Talk me out of it please!

I did him (had the baby ) I have to say I really like him as cam with an engine , finesse are ridiculous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,757 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Did the Cahill SBC. Seems pretty good value and handy to have in the squad for any future Pl links. Been very good box to box. Got moments Garrincha from my pack and he's crazy good, similar to Messi but five star skills.

• Advertisement

Amazon prime gaming pack 7 out.

1. 7x Gold Rare Players 
    2. 2x 82 OVR Player Picks 
    3. 12x Rare Consumables 
    4. 1x Neymar Jr Player Loan (20 Matches)

Signed on at lunch to do my rivals games, see if I could get 4 wins and maybe get the other 4 later if it's not too frustrating.

Won 8 games in a row! Not really sure what to do with myself here. Don't think I've won 8 in a row since like Sept / October when there were still lots of dodgy teams in matchmaking.

its probably all the old farts like me playin at this time..I signed out and knocked out a few wins as well as a loss.

I've switched Kaka into a ST role in 4222 instead of as a CAM in 4231 and it's like a different player altogether. His weaknesses aren't as obvious.

PIM Cantona tonight or tomorrow, hope he’s cheap 🤞

FUT Captains Cole in my rivals rewards but not really sure I can even use that card.

Untradeable unfortunately too.

• Advertisement

should be a great card...his original one was top class at the start.

The first Jumbo Premium Gold Players Pack I opened from rewards was a Tony Kroos walkout, then it opens and I see a fodder inform and then scroll to the end and 90 FUT Captains Payet is dangling who I was going to buy later anyway, first pack luck in ages.

The next 3 packs from rewards contained nada as per usual 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

I'm up to division 1 now after starting a new team at the weekend. Some amount of rage quits in rivals so those x2 really boost you up through the divisions quickly. My most expensive player is still HL Laborde. Lining up like this in-game. Lemoine and Terrier are great for objective/cheap players. Terrier's finishing is superb. Dembele is next to be replaced, he's so weak on the ball.

Managed to get him in on 8 chem, very fun card.

Replaced Best with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Avon8

Is saving packs for team of the season a done thing as with TOTY or should I just open as they come at this stage?

• Advertisement
Advertisement