Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your views on Multiculturalism in Ireland? - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

Which guard in particular do you think should be the one to investigate?

without complaint, there is no investigation. Flying a flag isn't exactly against the law now is it?

If you believe there is something more sinister at play, then go in and make a complaint of incitement to hatred, to an actual member of AGS.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭Cordell

without complaint, there is no investigation - this is a ridiculous thing to say.

No it is not. What would they be investigating? Cars driving with Russian flags?

Like I said, if you feel there is something sinister happening, then go in and make a complaint. I doubt you will though........

• Registered Users Posts: 5 오이신

Just finished reading through the thread. Some good discussion. Personally, I am against multiculturalism in Ireland, now to be more precise. I'm sick to death of driving through areas like Mountjoy Square and seeing what I can call multiculturalism and from what I can see high levels of unemployment. From entering the country fleeing "persecution" and seeking "employment", I'm not seeing a lot of working here or even a willingness to get. Now to not beat around the bush this is the Roma Gypsy population in Mountjoy Square and I've worked with hard-working Romanians who have nothing to do with these Roma Gypsys and actually from conversion quite despise them for giving Romanians a bad name. I want to see an Australian type system where we need to see evidence of a waiting home and employment for all foreign internationals entering Ireland. Obviously (not obvious really to those in power) any criminal offence is an automatic send home. When I say any, basically any criminal offences as we might aswell be picky. Also, knowledge of Ireland and the ability to speak a decent standard of English is a must in my opinion.

The rising African population, again with Roma Gypsys and Romanians if skilled and safeguarded from criminal activity, by all means, come in if you are wanted (evidence of a waiting home and employment). I want immigrants to be joining the housing market if to enter Ireland, not jump on unemployment and look for council accommodation. If you are to arrive, rent or buy a home and work. I want to stop this build-up of foreign nationals in one area so they can integrate easier and stop this divide between Irish and Immigrant. Also, these immigrants should be grateful to be here, I'm seeing foreign nationals take Ireland for granted, are involved in crime, hassling local communities, deport them on a strike system, and have to be ruthless. Ease off after a few years if needed but these people need Ireland more than we need them.

Travelling community, now controversial, I'm not a fan in all honestly, rarely have a good experience with them if over a group of about two. These halting sites on land they don't own have to be stopped. Not quite sure how as I definitely would be heavy-handed if in charge and that's not really an ideal solution. The lack of tax paying and every family seemingly feuding is of no benefit to Ireland. Not sure what to do with them though as they cant be deported. The criminality inside this community is too high and with the lack of tax paying, I would just do the heads of each site with prison sentences for tax issues. Also stamping down on their "culture" grabbing women is a thing, assault and harassment are what it is. That should be straight arrests really, get with the times and integrate FFS.

Relating to the general discussion in the early parts of this thread, the advertisements with box-checking is honestly just funny and depressing. What is the percentage of black people in Ireland ?? 1.5%? Yet every advert I see is about 50% black people and these mixed marriages which must be about 0.5% of the marriages here. I feel a message is constantly being forced upon us. I am tired of this wokeness.

I'd love to join a strong political party that makes us stronger with immigration etc but none seem to be brave enough to go for it. I know of that National Party and some other party that escapes my mind, but they seem looney. I've spoken to many people who feel similar but just don't speak out. Think Ireland needs to be stronger with immigration.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭bertiebomber

Multiculturalism doesnt work anywhere, each groups sticks together, i lived in Paris there are ghettos where races have set up together they ignore the rules and the cops keep out . Even in Ireland maybe the teenagers mix but anyone older keeps to their own. When you leave your own homeland you naturally drift towards others who are from your homeland too. Its human to want to be with like minded people. Nothing wrong with it but we call it racism. I tend to like my fellow irishmen but admitting that is tanamount to being a racist which i am not i just like my own people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DelaneyIn

Will this bum and her husband be paying their own way or will we have to find and fund them a new abode?

This parasite should be returned to Saudi or Sudan. Not added to the council housing list.

I have no idea where this gets likes from!

you say multiculturalism doesn't work, in your mind anyway, then go on to talk about people sticking together. Sure there's nothing wrong with people sticking together, if that's what they want to do.

lots of different cultures, living in one country, multiculturalism.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭Cordell

Its defenders will always say that it does work and this is precisely how it should work, otherwise is not multiculturalism, it's assimilation. They will describe these ghettos as beautiful multicultural vibrant melting pots where they will not be caught dead but still they will defend them.

Did anyone see this tripe at bus stops or online?.

Can anyone say they've witnessed widespread racism on the public transport network that we need an ad campaign?.

Heard another great one on the radio earlier by the Government, some woman saying "there's too many foreig...." And cuts her voice out and says racism isn't acceptable blah blah.

If that's the barometer our civil servants are putting up as being racist by basically asking the question of this thread, is it any wonder nobody asks any questions or anyone is deported?.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭enricoh

Flew into Paris 10 years ago n was getting the train from the airport to the city. Coming to the next stop people put away their laptops, finished their phone calls n conversations wrapped up- happy days says I it must be central station.

Not quite, it was some spot full of north Africans. A gang of scumbags got on, eyeballed everyone, shouting down to another crowd behind us. The french just stared at the ground.

I see in the french election Le pen is neck and neck with macron, it seems the french have had enough multiculturalism at this stage.

• Advertisement

If this fella read this thread he would have known to say he was applying for Asylum and he could just have absconded immediately.. amateur.

haha... they have a marketing budget, and it's gotta be spent. It's like all the road safety advertisements that either are on TV or pop up on Youtube, even though, the actual deaths involved are tiny compared to other countries.

The reality is that these advertisements will continue to come out because 'the message' must be promoted. One is too many.. that's the logic behind any of these promotions. One racist remark or one traffic accident is too many. Ever notice how the traffic accident ads are always a young white male driver? Never seem to see any female drivers, or other racial groups being represented there.

As for nobody asking the questions... it's pretty obvious there's a ban/taboo on media representation of non-PC topics. Which is why there won't be a primetime on migrant crime (unless it connects and shows the Irish as being responsible for it), or why people aren't being deported, when they should.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

…too many foreign vulture funds.

But really it’s our own skangers, won’t work but they have to be seen doing something especially on public transport.

Just to clarify they weren't the same advert.

The public transport one is going back a few weeks and I didn't hear any ads for it.

The one I heard yesterday is new and was from a Dept but maybe not a specific one.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Absolute Zero

Oooooh can't be talking sense on these forums mate. Don't you know this place has been hijacked by no lifer lefties polluting every thread, have a gander and you'll see the same names posting everywhere. What a sad existance.

I haven't seen any kind of prohibition against talking sense on these forums. Sure, there's heaps of posters who will throw a tantrum, insult, and then play the victim card when confronted.. but this thread, in itself, is proof that there's still space on boards to talk against the status quo.

It's the nature of the internet. Opposition is spawned regardless of who is pushing it.

I don't buy it TBH. It's too easy an answer. Where was all this hate and racism twenty years ago? Sure, Ireland wasn't the most sought after destination, but there's been Asians and others here for decades. There's an extended family network of Chinese people in my hometown that came here in the 60s, and have integrated well with the community. Separate but accepted.

What has changed in Irish society over that time? I'd point fingers at multiculturalism, and this focus on diversity. This push to elevate and reinforce the differences in ethnic groups, cultures, religions, etc. This need for those differences to be recognised, acknowledged, and gain privileges. All aimed to separate people and prevent everyone from being treated equally.. and so, people can't help but see foreigners as foreigners. The near constant reinforcement and feeble attempts to implement conditioning in schools and in the media adds to this reinforcement of tribalism. This demand that we recognise that we are racist... (while ignoring how common racism is worldwide)

At some point we have to look at all the changes over the last 20-30 years, and wonder whether some of them have led to less than positive changes in our society... Did the removal of corporal punishment in schools and the home, lead to less authority and respect of adults over teenagers? Have our policies in our schools encouraged the expectation of certain rights, and entitlements, which might have resulted in the welfare generation? Etc.

We should be asking all manner of hard questions about the state of our own society... in addition to the questions about our policies over foreign groups, and immigration. Why has assimilation been removed from the objectives relating to foreign groups? How can we effectively bring about integration? It's pretty obvious that the current method of just letting foreign groups do whatever they want, doesn't lead to wonderful conclusions.. so.. perhaps we should be investigating better ways to deal with all of this.

The passing all of this off on to skangers doesn't make any sense to me. In the decade or so, that I've lived as an expat, each time I returned to Ireland, I found it to have changed considerably.. socially. Some good and some bad.. but plenty of changes, and very little conversation about those changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

That is a great move by Boris to ship illegals coming across the channel to Rwanda.

This is the sort of action we've been waiting for and why he won a landslide in 2019. People are sick of it now.

Ireland should benefit from this too as it limits the traffic in at source.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,839 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

That's true, and we have Irish people who do these things too unfortunately, but we don't need to be importing more problems do we?

But who is importing problems? We don't even import people.

some people move to this country, we don't import them.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Corcaigh84

No but if we apply the bad apples analogy you can't deny the ratio of murders to immigrant/Muslims at this point can you? Unless you go out of your way to be obtuse in your defence of everyone being equal which your post history clearly shows.

• Advertisement

Really? Do you have those ratios?

if course everybody is equal, why do you think differently?

I dont have their names close to hand none of the folk in DP are vetted they came via Angela Merkels open boarder party invite. She kept the best and sent everything else west.....

Every asylum seeker and refugee(bar the Ukrainian one for the moment) have been fingerprinted, photographed and vetted. No one came here on any invite from Angela Merkel, seeing as she does not control our immigration policies. You are being ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Corcaigh84

*Some* cultures/ideologies/religions are highly undesirable to the Western world and are therefore less equal in value. Is this really that hard to understand?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,532 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Maybe you can tell us how people who show up without any documments to say who they are can be vetted.

Angela started un precedented immigration when she opened the gates to 1 million people to prop up her failing birth rate as the germans are not having enough off spring to fill the slave labour jobs in Germany. She then made all of the EU take their share having taken the educated & more qualified for her country a lot of the dregs went to Sweden France Ireland & Britain .

Angela Merkel does not control our immigration policies, no matter how many times you say it

Well, obviously that can be an issue. European agencies work together and share information. Fingerprints and photographs are also shared. People are regularly identified that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,532 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

But in your previous post you said every asylum seeker and refugee has been vetted, maybe I'm reading it wrong but it sounded like a statement that you were 100% sure was factually correct.

Or do you think there may be some people here at the moment that the authorities don't have any idea who they really are and can't be deported because they have no idea what country they were born in.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

The people aren't violent because of differences in people, but differences in culture. Ireland went from a very socially conservative culture where rosaries were polished away, kiddies were fiddled by clergy, Gays were banned, you couldn't get rubber johnnies because it was a mortaller and young girls gave birth in fields while statues moved, apparently, to a culture that has swung in pretty much the opposite direction and did so in a generation. Same people, different culture and cultural shifts. The evidence for this influence positive and negative is to be found throughout history, both ancient and modern. Go back to Germany during the Weimar years and it was all terribly jolly and liberal for the time, fast forward ten years and you'd be surrounded by actual dyed in the wool nazis with the major horn for mayhem murder and genocide. Same people, same nation, same "race".

The problem is the Right On brigade looking for racism everywhere as they get the horn for the exotic, so long as it doesn't live too close, have decided to conflate racism and culturalism and decry any critique of the latter. To opine that: "Some cultures are less positive than others, especially when transplanted into the Western world", generally gets the response of "That's Waaaycist!!! Waah Waaah!" as they claw at their chests like the Church crawthumbers whose legacy they continue.

The singular problem with the politic of multiculturalism is that it never takes human nature into account and instead runs on hope that this time it'll be different. A lovely idea, but reality doesn't always equate. Diaspora populations tend - and quite naturally - to keep their home culture in play as a connection to their past. A very human thing. They also tend to cluster together with those most like them, around places of worship and other cultural touchstones, again quite naturally and very human. This goes triple if the migrant population look or feel more obviously culturally different to the native and the more of them there are in a diaspora the more this is likely to occur. And that's before we get to racism from the native population, or even the tacit Them/Us all too human tribalism on both sides which fuels these tendecies even more. EG in Dublin it's much easier to find areas where more Muslim/ME or African/Black folks tend to live together than Poles, yet there are over one hundred thousand Polish people here who dwarf the numbers of those other disaporas.

Ireland which has been "multicultural" for not much more than twenty years is already seeing the exact same patterns of other "multicultural" European nations who've lived through this for many decades. It's almost as if there's a pattern... But sure it'll be grand kumbaya, kumbaya.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Advertisement