Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elden Ring (George RR Martin and From Software)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,585 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'd recommend Volcano Manor, otherwise you could end up being a bit overpowered for it. Plus there's a few areas after Niall which are the toughest areas in the game, so a bit of bulking up by completing Volcano Manor would help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

aye before the boss make sure you have done everything you could for snake girl and Tanith (also Patches), if you wished. You wont miss much but still ya.

i made some mistakes on my 2nd playthrough that my snake girl is gone somewhere else and patches's present to Tarnith sits in my inventory forever ha...

Finished her last night heh, ended up only comet azure phase2 once and then adula her to death, done. The key is to keep the right distance, and i summoned mimic when i nearly finished phase1. Apparently people are saying phase2 is easier than phase1 lol. And ya that lifesteal is just super annoying.

Post edited by seraphimvc on

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,259 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Second phase wasn't too bad but I didn't get a lot of time to learn it as it was very rare I got to it. I think I've glass cannoned myself and will be focusing on HP and Vigor with my last few level ups.

Dont forget Endurance too (defense makes your hp more cost effective). whats your level now?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,259 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

About 125. So say I've about 25 levels left. Put some levels lately in INT and Arcane so I can use some blood spells and the holy sword buff which has worked really nicely in some fights.

Nice aye i was gonna say that when you entering late game, the sweet spot is 120-150 for 'normal mode' let's say. If you are not optimized to certain build though you might have problems with some bosses (ie needs more levels or you better respec). Nowadays I am just not keen to do underleveled challenge anymore lol

Ye i am actually thinking to respec just to fck around - I havent tried bleed build ha

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Spent all of last night on the last dungeon (I assume) - Wow, it's a sight to behold and so many nooks and crannies to explore, not to mention sites of grace. Getting surpised by Laurel and Hardy was fun, great fight, took a few goes. The npc summon was pretty useless.

Used the stonesword key to access a higher area which looped back to the beginning of the level. Amazing design. Sad that I'm nearing the end but after 150 hrs could do with the break.

aye that was my first impression - surely it makes sense both of them are/used to be 1 entity? But then ya i see so many 2-fingers corpses so in my mind i just think thats GRRM's writing (he loves those naming lol), and then From made them into literal fingers ahah.

but then we only see ONE 3-finger, why is that?

the finger that ranni killed actually looks like 3-finger to me lol

and who really buried them nomad mechants people down there? presumably someone from Golden lineage but why and when? questions lol

talisman shows that these mechants people pursue 3-finger as their belief or something but why? because they just dont like golden order/2-finger or there are other reasons?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,348 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Elden Beast is a bit of a bastard, that is all

• Advertisement

I saw elsewhere that when you attack the merchants in the world, a lot of them use Frenzy-type attacks, which hints that they came from the dungeon rather than the merchants being brought and trapped down there. So it's possible they're all worshippers of the Frenzy Fingers, though many may have died down there.

ah i just remember actually from their clothing set that they used to be called as some caravan tribe

"These merchants once thrived as the Great Caravan, but after being accused of heretical beliefs, their entire clan was rounded up and buried alive far underground. Then, they chanted a curse of despair, and summoned the flame of frenzy."

so technically they summoned the flame of frenzy after they get buried but does that mean they summoned this 3-finger? what is that 'heretical' belief in the first place?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,023 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Came across a post on Reddit where someone was telling how some epic co-op help soloed Melina with a pot on his head while the two lads watched on.

Enjoy!!

Lads I don't know what you're all complaining about, looks easy peasy 😁

Decided to jump back in for a while and started going after some of the trophies for legendary talismans, ashes, weapons etc.

Turns out I'd missed two caves, a catacomb and an evergoal, and that's just what I've found out I've missed so far.

This f*cking game man... How is there so much in it...

This game got me choked up and emotional over a **** jellyfish.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Read that Latenna was useful for the Rykard fight, she wasn't. So switched back to the mimic tear and killed him on the second attempt - was much easier with the mimic's tankiness and the fact it can also use the

Serpent-Hunter Great Spear

Spamming LT twice in a row had the fight over in no time, just had to make sure I had allocated a few more FP flasks than normal. Think I have to head back to the mountain tops and some giant forge or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,161 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Rancid bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

2nd playthrough done for the platinum. Truly one of the greatest games ever made. Ill give it a few months and I'll do it again on the ps4 version for another platinum.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Well I'm well into this now, near 100 hours and while I'm really enjoying the game, I have absolutely no idea what the story is about, who 95% of the characters are or...what is going on half the time.

It started off grand, I'm tarnished and I want to be become the elden lord, but to do this I need ruins.

Bumped into a few random characters along the way, stormveil castle made sense on I go.

Continued on and got to a lift where id only half a medallion. Crone woman tells me I could go the cowards way below. So I'm like ok this is a clue and sure enough down at the very bottom there's a secret passage that brings me to great alteau or whatever it was called and eventually I made it to the capital.

During this time I meet some more random characters and a few I hadn't seen in ages who were on about stuff as if id skipped half the quest.

I sometimes could summon npcs and sometimes I couldn't. Again I only recognized one or two.

The worst yet was when I ended up fighting general radhan. When I decided to go exploring. I was able to.summon a heap of people in that fight, some I definitely had never met. It made zero sense but I killed the boss anyways.

Back to the capital. I fought Godfrey the golden and saw loads of dead crones lying around the place. No idea why? I'm just after fighting Margit again....or Margot as he now called himself and hes dead.

What in the **** is this game about. The story makes zero sense and as good as the game is, it really should be called out how poorly it ties things together.

I get it, from software games are vague but jaysus.

Volcano Manor has some real PS1 Resident Evil vibes coming from the music. I beat Rykard last night. Fun boss fight even if it was gimmicky. Loved the Berserk references. Near the end of volcano manner but couldn't finish it before I needed sleep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Damn this game is so good. Finally put down the twin gargoyles last night with a little help from latenna and D2. Then some spins in a coffin had me go to deeproot and then back down to ainsel. The underground areas are absolutely massive. And it's to the games credit that I've yet to feel bored, or unimpressed.

ye that blew up in the past few days - he dodged all attacks and he is playing on mouse and keyboard 😂

ya actually once i finished this run i will help out as well. She is actually fun to play against for 0 damage challenge (with the right build of course) for all her anime attacks lol.

I actually started to do that as well checking on the fextralife overall walkthrough, was hunting down the larva i missed (and i missed alot ha).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,348 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Beat the game last night, went for what i think the best ending is.

Dunno wether to go straight into pure heavy hitter build with big **** off shields and Dragon Teeth or play something else for a while.

I'm torn between starting a new fresh playthrough or doing Journey 2. Journey 2 means if there's DLC I'm locked in to doing it on Journey 2. On the other hand a new playthrough likely means losing all my cool sh*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,023 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Could you take a copy of your save file onto a USB key and then just start NG+. If DLC comes out then you can reload the USB save.

Fire giant is an awful prick! First phase is fine, almost have him down and he spams me with fire shite. 😂

Might have to go back online and see if I can get help.

Don't follow the story when you play. You finish the game and then watch some Youtube videos. What I've gleaned so far and I'm 90% done (and this is from a Soulsborne "veteran" who actually reads a lot of item descriptions)

Someone or something broke the Elden Ring.

Giants were in a war (Giants are always in wars in Fromsoft games)

Malenia gave Covid to the Lands Between instead of losing to Radahn.

Radahn went mad but still loves his horse.

Ranni wants something to do with space.

Melina, I don't know what she wants.

Dung Eater wants the world to eat shít.

Went back to Caelid and did some more of that, killed a twin boss and then went back to the Fire Giant - took several more goes before I got him down - was a close one too. The camera was fairly annoying in that fight tbh, anyway done and into the next little area now.

Yeah thought of that. Going to have to do it during the next playthrough regardless to save-scam for the multiple endings trophies.

Decided to just start a new game. Going to go for a dex/faith build as I just don't really fancy most of the strength weapons.

• Advertisement

Fúck Placidusax.

Advertisement