Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveatc EIDW Feed is up AND GOING WELL. Donations to keep it up would be appreciated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭Mech1

All the Sdr's, sound card's, scanner etc have been pushed into a bunch of electrical cables power leads etc under the TV.

It needs sorting, hopefully today if the missus allows!!!

That's not the way I left it!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭DublinKev

The combined feed seems to be playing Q102 now unfortunately Pat.

Tomorrow

I think it's fixed, looks like someone pushed the close call settings so every time I reset it found another strong radio station.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭NH2013

Thanks for taking the time to get the feed back in action Pat.

Hi all, I'm finished running this feed, I have sent a message to anyone on Patreon to cancel payments, I've decided that it's been long enough and time for me to move on.

Many thanks for your support over the years, its been great.

If you as a forum ask about among yourselves I'm sure you will come up with a new feeder.

Staying up till end of month only.

Thanks again, Pat.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,188 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Thanks for letting us know Pat. I stopped the Patreon this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Sorry to hear the feed is ending. Thanks for keeping it up for all these years Pat! I've cancelled the Patreon today also.

I would definitely be interested in helping someone set up a new feed. I'm not sure I have the smarts to do it myself, and I'm probably not close enough to the airport (Blanchardstown) to pick up the ground feeds, but if we can get a discussion going around the options to keep the feed up I'm sure we can find a solution between us.

I'm already in discussion with a guy from here towards continuing a feed. Hopefully it comes to fruition.

But meantime everyone that's interested should check out the Liveatc forums to see the best way to do it.

Shortly after I started we had another 2 EIDW feeders on the go, but they dropped off the radar, so the interest is there just need prompting. 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

What exactly would be needed to continue the service? I live close to the airport so ground operations shouldn’t be an issue.

Look up the Liveatc forums, everything you need to know is there, things have moved on since I started my feed so I wouldn't be the expert you need to listen to.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Staunton96

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Did the same last night myself.

thanks for the work you’ve done over the year. An unsung hero.

I think we might have a new feeder sorted, no promises yet, I'm not sharing his name on here yet until he gets up and running. But sounds promising to me.

Antenna off the roof now, still connected but expected poor service.

New feeder expected to collect some stuff tomorrow, so expect a down period and then hopefully better than ever.

New feeder has collected the gear, so feed is down for now.

Next time it's up congratulate the new guy, not sure if he is gonna continue this thread, but I hope he does.😁

Mech1, signing out.

Unreal Pat. Thank you so, so much, and looking forward to hearing from your successor!!

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Bumpstop

The Feeds should be up again now.

Thanks to Mech1 for all his service and making this a very simple process.

I think everything is working as it should be, bound to be few teething problems however.

Hope the signal is as good as Mech1's feed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭windowspotter

Just tuned in there & sound is crystal clear. Fair play to you for taking over & thanks Pat for all the years of hardship

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Cheers Bumpstop, can we make a donation to the upkeep of the new feeds?

I am forever grateful!! And it is crystal clear.

Thanks for the feedback, glad to hear it sounds good.

I have a few improvements in mind but it will take a while to work it all out.

I have a few spare scanners here and Mech1 donated a spare antenna.

So on the donations front, I will hold off on that for a while.

I have spares and I would like to ensure I can keep this feed up reliably before I would be comfortable taking donations.

That's it for now. I might start a new thread for the new feed what do people think?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭bikeman1

Thanks to Pat / Mech1 for getting the feed up and running and now to Bumpstop for very kindly taking it over.

I’m and occasional listener and love having it. Great work.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

Thanks to both, from me too.

I would miss it, if it was gone and I appreciate the effort that it takes to provide the service. It's comforting to know that I will still be able to play pretend traffic control by viewing Flight Radar 24, while streaming live ATC. 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Dublin City FM playing on the multi feed today!

Thanks California, should be fixed now. Power outage.

I added a vhf rf amp to the multi feed last week so the reception should be stronger.

I am trialing a new tower configuration with Liveatc at the moment.

it is using a scanner dedicated to the tower instead of the digital receiver in use at the moment.

The signal is far superior and aircraft on the runway are audible.

Hopefully I'll get it onto the live feed shortly.

• Advertisement

Hi Bumptstop, that sounds fantastic! Coverage on EIDW Ground feed is poor enough and as you said often traffic not coming through on the runway.

I noticed the Ground North frequency is still down as 118.750 on the liveatc page but it's been changed to 125.885.

I know Pat has been asked before but said he couldn't do it with the equipment, but any chance of a Dublin Control only feed for the 4 Area sectors? Just the only positions that don't have a dedicated feed atm so it would be the cherry on top :)

Advertisement