Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭zimmermania

What a day,some excitement as Cailin came with a great run,off with an injury for 340 days and ready to run today is a great training feat from John and Jodi.

I couldn't resist a small bet with Paddy online before having a modest bet in the ring.

The big mistake was not having a bit on in the owners and trainers bar on the tote as the win dividend paid 58!!.

Still not a bad day and Cailin may come on for the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭bassy

well done zimmer that was a beauty and a cracking 25/1 yup ya boy ya GIDDY UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Thanks guys,it was really great to see Cailin come with a powerful run under hands and heels.

Chris gave her a great ride and she was not knocked about.

We were well treated by the Curragh team and taken to that fine stone building steeped in history for a champagne celebration.

A first success for John and Jodi ODonoghue from only two runners and a great training feat to bring the filly out in such good order after 340 days off.

We wont forget today and hope to have many more of them.

Back to basics today,a two miles 6 furlongs flat race is a rarity in Ireland or the UK,I do know there in one at Royal Ascot but there are very few in the calendar.

The 4.50 at Pontrefact is run over 2 miles 6 and will take some getting o the soft today.

I backed Dereham who has form over two miles two furlongs on soft at Pontrefact and was not stopping at the finish.

At 4 to 1 I backed it ew and expect a good run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭jack01986

• Registered Users Posts: 4,262 ✭✭✭munster87

It was a nice sp,he won easy because he stays well and likes it soft and 2 miles 6 on the flat is like 4 miles over jumps,I did not have a lot on but the sp helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

Lovely drift out to 13/2 as well

Busy today and not a lot happening as far as a bet is concerned though i will look at the recording of Newmarket for some clues to the future as there are some good horses running today.

If i do have a bet it will be on MASTER OF THE SEAS in the 3.0c Newmarket,this horse has only run 8 times (6 runs in group races) and is better than the opposition here,the interesting thig is that he was gelded in the off season and it shows the extreme wealth of Godolphin that they can cut a horse beaten a short head in the 2,000 gns!!

This is superb form and with his other form would make him a very valuable stallion.

Charlie Appleby must have been certain that there are group 1s to be won by MASTER OF THE SEA when persuading the owners to have him gelded and i look forward to watching him run this season.

Whether he is worth backing at 6/5 or 11/10 is the question and on balance i think he is.

• Advertisement

BarOne went 5 to 4 a d I thought that was value

im Bolgers LEVEL PITCH looks good to win the 5.20 at Gowran,got messed about at the start last time missed the break and hampered when ridden by a 7 lbs claimer over 7 furlongs.

Over a mile today and the long stiff straight will allow LEVEL to come with a strong run,do not be put off by the draw because while the papers may say a low draw is best the stats clearly show that over a mile there is no advantage.

Tip ran badly yesterday,horse almost pulled up ,have not got the reason for the poor run yet but will share it when I do.

Back to my own picks today to try to continue the good run.

I backed two today.

5.30 Bath Fearless Angel ran very well in a good race in France and that form may be good enough to win the 5.30 Bath we at 9 to 2.

Hortzadar 3.oc Newmarket 4 to 1,ran very well in the Lincoln and while getting on in years David OMeara knows how to keep them sweet and does well with older horses looks a good ew bet at 4 to1.

Hortzadar 4th,may have won if not messed about at the start but that happens.

The lucrative good friday metting switches from Lingfield to Newcastle (Lingfield race as well) and as it is probably a fairer track and a bit stiffer thats not a problem.

I am backing three horses and then heading to Killarney until monday though i will be backing a few on saturday in Killarney..

My OBERON 2.oc Newcastle is top rated and probably should win,however backing MY OBERON in the morning BOG online for a tenner almost guarantees a free bet,as PP are giving a free bet if a horse you back finishes in the first 4 and thats very likely to happen.

MY OBERON should win on form and is worth having more on more than the PP tenner bet offered.

BOUTTEMONT 2.35 is french trained and has won at a mile but could be strong at the finish in this 6 furlong race (finished very strongly over 6 and 1/2 furlongs to win lto.

In my opinion french raiders are often overpriced and mostly represent good value.

I have already backed BUTTTEMONT at 14s ew and i believe he will come late with a strong late run and at 14/1 is aq good ew bet.

EL CABALLO 3.10 is my 3rd bet,he has won his last 4 races and can beat Tiber Flow who may go off favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Zimmer, you're on fire again. First 2 are winners, just waiting on the 3.10 now with a €5 treble. You'll have to set up some form of system where we can throw you a few quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,371 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

It's a Good Friday alright for you Zim. Two from two so far 👍

You must be joking,i love racing and i love to take money off the books whenever we can.

I can put up plenty of losers too but it is great when we catch a good winner,i told a few of my punting buddies to back the french horse as i have always liked horses coming back in distance and many a good sprinter has been developed this way.

It is hard to believe that BOUTTEMONT won its first race over a mile.

Killarney here i come and the books are paying!

I don't post here as often as other places but you've won me a serious wedge over the years, I'll always keep an eye out for your fancies through here. Great to see someone so knowledgeable sharing their thoughts.

Great price on the French horse too, 14/1 earlier this morning. Enjoy the kingdom.

• Advertisement

And El Caballo makes it 3. My treble is up, €659 back off a fiver. You're a hero Zimmer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Good Friday to a Great Friday, good man Zimmer!

I'm going to have to spend my winnings on 💓 tablets. Two short heads and a nose 😌😲

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Konny Rool

Looks wide open the last race Newcastle where six runners take part. At 4.45 FELIX has proven his liking for small fields. Has been campaigned on turf/in pattern company, and in fields of eight or more since finishing back to back seconds at Lingfield in Feb 2021. Prior to them two runs he won over 9 1/2 furlongs at Wolverhampton.

The French horse Charlesquint is a bit of an unknown quailty here, but the rest usually like to go from, or close to the front. Race should be ran to suit my pick here. Hollie Doyle could have possibly got the mount on Felix as she's ridden him before, but she goes on the top one Al Zaraqan instead.

Felix is a very good price I feel, and I expect him to give a good account for messrs Botti and Callan. He's trading at a massive looking 14/1 with a few books including Paddy Power

The last one was a bit too close for comfort, I thought he had been grabbed on the line.

If only it was always this easy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭bassy

good stuff zimmer unfortunately i only seen it to late,well done............................................................

Slightly off topic.

I presume you know already, but it's money back on all losers in the 2:25 and 3:14 races today with PP. Max €10 per race I think.

Hope there's a shop in Killarney. Enjoy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

Across the road from the speakeasy pub, one of the grandest little pubs in the town. Hope you get to spend some of your winnings in there Zimmer. They’d usually have the racing on there too.

Advertisement