Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

The streaming deal is the more likely of what Tony's announcement could be.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Could RoH become streaming only?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

You could hear a pin drop when the Indian dude was in the ring, nobody had a **** clue who he was and I personally don't want a **** khali 2.0 on my tv tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 31,684 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

That type of character is always best used sparingly. A great big visual threat, rather than someone who actually does much. Like what WWE did with Omos and Aziz at the beginning as AJ or Apollo's bodyguards rather than tag partner. Have them occasionally attack someone from behind or whatever, but don't ever require them to actually wrestle.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

It also tarnishes the lights out moments too.

the crowd popped for the lights out, cause they’re conditioned that it’s a massive return or debut. I know they hoped this new dude would partly fulfil that, but part of a lights out angle is the shock of recognising the person when the lights go on. It was a stupid way to bring him in, and takes away from future lights out moments too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Should everyone have acted like they didn't know him or was Tony right to point out he was a basketball player and training at the AEW training school?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Have Joe choke him out next week and put him back where ever he came from and give us the Joe-Lethal match

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Talk picking up about an AEW/NJPW supershow. The Super J-Cast lads even saying June 23rd in Chicago. The G1 doesn't start until July 16th so in and around that late June time-frame would make sense!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Another really good Dynamite overall, agree with everyone saying the closing moments was stupid. They could have just had your man enter the ring while Joe is distracted which would have improved the moment slightly. Also I may have been the only one but I felt Penta/Punk match was bit all over the place although it had a few decent moments. They recovered well from the hurricarana spot and I really thought Punk had done serious damage to himself but kudos to both they carried it through the match.

The only other dud was the Shafir match as no one cared and tbh there is 0 reason to care which is a pity because Jade has done a lot of work since her debut so this match has no real heat. I havent seen much of Shafir since her wwe days and after that match I wouldnt be overall impressed.

Apart from that I enjoyed the show, Tag Titles match was good and really thought reDragon were going to win (but I now have a feeling Cole could take the belt tonight). Could see FTR vs Jungle Express but for reDragon to cost FTR the match? Trios match was decent too, no surprise JAS won, Lee/Swerve vs Starks/Hobbs was a great match, although I found it odd when the commentary team were shocked that Taz cost Lee the match, he's a heel manager supporting his team.

Im guessing we will eventually get Best Friends/OC vs BCC with Yuta getting the pin.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

"People didn't like it? Nothing to do with me, not my fault. Here are some breadcrumbs to blame someone else."

• Advertisement

What Tony needs, even though he's the one who ultimately okays everything, is someone to tell him, This could work, or no, I don't think this will work,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Has anyone that was super into AEW taken a dive in terms of interest lately or is it just me? They've done a poor job of building the title holders overall. Jade is being done well but couldn't care less about Sammy/Scorpio - get the title back on Miro. Hangman is putting on bangers but don't feel the title has elevated because of it and JE are bland as **** as tag champs. Thunder Rosa has been barely seen since winning and is cutting weak promos.

Also, it was a great match with Punk but I hate to see Penta Oscuro lose again, make him the killer he was in LU please!

Since you are such close mates most of the aew roster and go to all the private parties with them maybe have a word with them so they can pass you thoughts back to tony

• Registered Users Posts: 31,684 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

What's up with the wrestling forum in general of late? A big part of what got me back into it a bit after almost 20 years was popping my head in here during lockdown and seeing a decent community. Seems to be getting more childish by the week at the moment though.

To Cherry's point, it feels like a few belts need to change hands soon alright, or at least revamp the feuds they're involved in. Hangman is awesome in ring, but outside of it he seems a bit bland or something... there was a skit on BTE recently where Dark Order were calling him out on his lack of personality etc, and it was played as a joke where they all went off together happy out after, but a lot of it was actually on the ball..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Christian needs to turn on Jurassic Express and cost them the titles. He can say he's sick of being on the sidelines etc. He's at nothing just accompanying them to the ring anyway. Agreed on Hangman also, I don't mind him but he's not coming across as the guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

They could do with playing hot patato with the tag belts for a few months and give a few midcard teams a run with them even its only a couple of weeks.

Just so no one gets caught out, Rampage is at midnight Irish time.

Yeah agree. I'd love to see The Acclaimed have them for a short while whenever Bowens is fit again. Let FTR have all the belts for a while, Top Flight, even the Hardys. Again just for a short while.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

It seems like they just don't know how to or aren't interested in booking champions anymore. Like they expect a belt to take care of itself once there's a challenger, and the bookers focus instead on the other storylines.

And unfortunately the people who are champs at the moment are the ones who could use the help the most, since they are mostly likeable faces with charisma, but not very compelling characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Go back to your Deonna dungeon you simp. Trying to have discussion on the product and you have to drag it down with bollocks again. I've met many wrestlers many times, I know a few of them and have a few of their numbers. I spoke with Josh Barnett today in fact! Hardly a big brag lad, we're not all socially inept basement dwellers.

Excellent points by everyone else!

• Advertisement

Rosa's booking so far as champ has been abysmal.

Jade as TBS champ is what it is. Just getting her win streak up.

Jurassic express and Scorpio Sky are just boring champions for me. So many others I'd like to see as tag champs and TNT champ.

I like Hangman but I think it's time to get Punk or Danielson into the world title picture and win the belt. Hangman's world title matches just never feel like the biggest match on the card.

And please get the ROH weekly TV series sorted soon because adding the ROH titles to AEW is overkill on belts atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

My ignore list has grown substantially in this forum over the last month or two it used to be just one poster it is now up to 7/8.

Yeah I'm not sure what they're doing with Thunder Rosa. Even on Dynamite this week with the cake thing, which is stupid enough in itself, they couldn't just let her have the upper hand for that segment. I get they want to build Nyla Rose as a monster but they shouldn't be making the champion look weak every single time.

Regal on commentary is gold. Love Regal. Nice touch with Mox coaching Yuta as the match goes on as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

AEW definitely has problem with booking champions in a compelling way, it's been pretty consistent outside of just the current crop. I also have said before and still am not sure what exactly ROH is going to be, right now having ROH titles defended on AEW has a novelty factor but in general they have enough titles already that they're not always making the most of.

Since they are more match focused and they're gifted with some excellent wrestlers it's an often overlooked problem. Thunder Rosa became a total afterthough, which just proved the point that they only reason the women's title had any focuse was because it was on Britt. Same as when Shida held the belt I will say Jade is looking a lot better even though here matches are just a streak. They give her time.

Hangman's booking is erratic at best, I feel like we see more of Scorpio Sky than him lately. Considering this how much build there was to him finally getting the belt it's very disappointing. I think it's actually cooled Adam Cole and ReDragon a bit as well as a result.

I genuinely forgot who had the tag titles but it definitely feels like there's only a few teams they think are worthy of the belts, they could do with another tag tournament soon tbh.

Not gonna chime in much on the thing of people sniping at each other on here. I've had enough arguments as of late. It just seems like there's some people that can't accept any criticism (valid or not) and then try and troll people in other threads. I do think there's some of it on both sides but I think having two promotions has brought out the worst in some people and it makes it hard to take them seriously even when they have a good point.

Tony K seems to want a separate TV deal for ROH so hopefully soon enough they won't need to be mixing the two brands as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭orecir

Stupid and controversial for controversy sake spot at the end of the Cole vs Page title match.

A barb wire crown on good Friday is going to be majorly offensive to many people.

Silly spot to try get over with the smarks.

Didn't occur to me I'm not particularly religious but if they were out to offend it was a bit stupid. I didn't love the match in general to be honest. It was technically very good as you'd expect but I never got the sense Cole would win at any point. What do they do with him from here, drop down to chase the TNT title? He's hugely over, moreso than Hangman really.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Only catching up on Dynamite there now. Tag match with Keith Lee and Hobbs was probably my favorite match. Everything else was ok, nothing special. Joe and Susuki did nothing for me, was like the match was teleported 20+ plus minute into a New Japan match, without the build and just going straight into a slapfest made feck all sense to me without building up to it. Sometimes the booking makes it hard to buy into the matches. Like there's no build to Punk or Joe's matches.

Still enjoy watching, everything is a bit all over the shop, but the matches are carrying the overall show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Another good Rampage, sweet little trios debut for the BCC. Liked Dustin's promo, another nice match to continue Punk clawing his way up the rankings. Some decent stuff coming up next week hopefully.

Loving the outrage over the crown. Remember AEW were going to lose all their sponsors etc. because Nick Gage used a pizza cutter? And then nothing happened because nobody really cared. Guessing this will be similar!

Post edited by RollieFingers on

Advertisement