Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

This c*nt of a website on a phone.

It keeps jumping back to the top of the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Good call. I think I have started seven threads.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I was wrong on this occasion so I apologise for causing offence.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,300 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

My neighbour…

decides he’s getting the train to Galway to hang out with the parents for a few days … knocks on my door asking if I’d mind every day getting into his car and starting and running it for 5 minutes…as last couple of times when he got back the car was dead which was true as he had to borrow jump leads…it’s a ‘08 focus.

he’s got a family who drives living 10 minutes away or close enough, so can they not do it ?

i cannot be arsed. The fella wouldn’t do you a bad turn but he would be massively slow up off his big fat arse to give you a dig out… when his other neighbour was being broken into he didn’t call the Gardai , “ I heard something break alright but sure “… on the residence association whats app but asks constantly .. “ did anyone see, is anyone doing ? Did anyone fix ? Is anyone calling ? “ maybe, you’d like to, DO ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Bredabe

My final submission just uploaded, which is a happy but I don't feel it and now I have no excuse to wander around distractedly as im not "creating" anymore.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I was in Flying Tiger last weekend and bought myself some Salty Liquorice Stars. I like liquorice, I like salty things. They sounded perfect. I can safely say they are one of the worst thing I have ever put in my mouth. Given my history that is saying a LOT. Those danes are weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Felt like I had to justify the wearing of a mask to the hairdresser earlier (I'm coming off the back of a cold) when no one else in the salon had one on. Then took a coughing fit as if to prove to her that I had a cold. Then felt like I had to reassure her that I didn't have covid (tests came back negative).

I just shouldn't have left the house but my hair desperately needed cut.

My aunt has covid, fully vaccinated but working in a homeless facility at 79 years of age ? Hmmmm

symptoms are mild, just a cold so she’s isolating….but it’s of no big surprise to anyone who knows her, only surprise is it took that long.

my dad ‘big brother’ is worried and wants to bring her some shopping and a few sweets and biscuits but the kibosh has been put on that, as he’d probably be roped into some DIY or doing some selfless altruistic effort indoors as usually occurs up there. 😖

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,777 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,658 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

• Registered Users Posts: 8,826 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Fastway and their "delivery attempt failed". I wouldn't mind if they actually tried to deliver it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

TA at my sister-in-law causing unnecessary drama amongst the family over my upcoming wedding. Trust me this is more trivial than it sounds because it's blown out of proportion.

Her alcoholic boyfriend (who nobody likes and is widely disliked in the area he's from) is trying to get invited to my stag, and both him, and her, as well as the mother in law, are constantly harassing my fiancée about it, giving out to her, as if it's all down to her decision. I've already asked to step in and say something but she wants me to keep out of it for now.

I don't know him, I don't like him, and I've never interacted with him in any way. I've already said to my missus that if anyone asks, tell them to ask me, which she has done numerous times, and nobody will ask me - they're dancing around asking me, because they know I'll say no.. It's as if it's not my decision at the end of the day when........... it kind of is....

She just sent me a screenshot of the text between her and her mother. Mother is trying to draw the guilt card onto it now.

Mother: I just thought you'd have the power of persuasion (To make me change my mind)

Wife: This has nothing to do with me, you may talk to him about it. Leave me out of it now.

Mother: It's your family, that's all. Don't worry about it (Passive-aggressive sarcasm)

Wife: [Alcoholic boyfriend of sister] is NOT my family.

Mother: Your sister is. She'll be thick about it obviously.

Wife: She's not going to the stag, sure. Look, like I said. Talk to my husband about it if you have a problem.

Mother: Ah now, I was thick with my family when they left your father out of things. I'm not trying to stress you, but it's obviously causing a bit of bad feeling

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭sam t smith

Sitting in hairdressers, my apt. was for 11.15am, not even started yet and its going to take 2 hrs, trying to keep the annoyance off my face in case she retaliates with the scissors and scalps me..ffs.

Another neighbour issue. He has what one would presume is a steady 9-5 job… however both he and his family have been complete eccentrics as long as I’ve know them which is back to childhood. His parents are a pair of complete doses…

last few nights starting or at least he’s only been noticed last few… taking out his seriously loud monster 200 hp Kawasaki and heading off, but returning within minutes, then off again leaving it parked up and running ffs after midnight, parking it and often within minutes off again… last night must have been three trips after midnight that I was aware of.. it’s a nice quiet area that after around midnight or after pub kicking out you can literally hear a pin drop. But he revs the fûck out of it.

he must be earning close to 50,000 a year, lives with his OH who is a physiotherapist in a private hospital so what’s going on ? Hardly delivering pizza for pocket money ? The delivery of narcotics is possible as I think going by the behaviour of himself and friends over the years, he likes a line of something, far too manic for a few simple pints, he’d be around the local too…now this.

upshot is I’m knackered thanks to not so much sleep, maybe 4 hours, busy day ahead, that won’t end till this into this evening….fûck the pumpkin headed cûnt anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Strangely, it doesn't just happen once, but repeatedly does i ever time you scroll back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,297 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

For the second week in a row, the father in law has paid a visit, annexed control of my remote control and eaten half my biscuits. Meanwhile, the mother in law has taken up residency on the couch, lying down, and both of them are just sitting there in silence watching telly like some nursing home.

I just want some personal space of a Friday evening and not have to entertain any visitors.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I finally caught "The Vid" after managing to avoid it for over two years. The good thing about it is that I'm catching up with plenty of gaming and episodes of Rick and Morty. The disadvantage is that I'm totally out of beer and I can't visit the off license as myself and the OH are isolating 😥

Also I was supposed to go to Limerick this morning to spend the long weekend with the parents but for obvious reasons I had to knock that on the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,157 ✭✭✭Be right back

Late late show audience having to wear masks. As if sitting there listening to Tubs isn't bad enough!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

watching telly like some nursing home.

I feel slightly bad for laughing at that description.

I hope that you have another tv, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em and all that.

@Gamer Bhoy 89 - I have been on a number of stags where people indirectly connected to the groom have attended i.e. people like your sister-in-law's boyfriend. Because they don't tend to know many of the other people (if any), they generally keep a low enough profile and usually don't cause hassle. It's a good way to get to know them. If you haven't interacted with him before then you're only relying on other people's impressions of him which may not be 100% accurate.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Waiting over 20 minutes for android studio to build a project.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Is that a long time? I've been waiting a month for my doctor to arrange a referral. My gut feeling is that she never actually sent the letter

Woke up with the intention of having a relaxing weekend only to find my Dad is in a panic about his sister, she’s only barley symptomatic with covid but he’s again after being talked out of it…adamant he’s going to drop her down some shopping… “ we’ll only be talking in the garden for 10 minutes “

him with medical condition that makes him vulnerable despite vaccination and my mother with the same…. The auld cûnt of an aunt never even went to visit him when he was in hospital after a serious operation “ I just don’t like hospitals” yet she’s in there every few months with my uncle who has to have regular treatment for a non life threatening condition.

people… ughhh

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭NedsNotDead

@Strumms I can understand where your coming from. But personally I'd respect my Father's decision and let him go and visit.

We’ll I won’t be saying anything, I tired of trying to manage him.

if he gets covid it’s his own lookout, if he gives it to my mother, let’s say that changes everything…he’d better be the one looking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,297 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

They are arriving this evening now too.

Just as I had planned to watch the Wexford match in peace and quiet, now the FIL will be shouting and roaring at at telly and wanting to have four different conversations whilst the match is ongoing.

FML.

You need to have a conversation with your wife.

My TA: have woken up between 5 and 6am every day this week and not been able to get back to sleep. I'm shattered. But as sure as eggs is eggs, I won't be able to drag myself out of the bed on Tuesday, when I'm starting my new job 🙄

• Advertisement

Also, people who comment on 2-page threads saying "I haven't read all the replies, but..."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement