Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Great great win by Jurgen’s brilliant team. Oliver kept City n it - should’ve sent 2 City players off if he was applying the same yellow card calls as he did for Liverpool, but I guess we’re used to that. City fans were horrible for the minute’s silence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I’m just happy that Sadio’s happy.

This team is something else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Yeah - it often feels like we let other teams back in, rather than them forcing their way back in. Was the same against Benfica.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Carabao Cup in the bag. FA Cup final coming up. Champions League semi end of the month and still competing for the PL.

Brilliant season so far. And to think so many people (our own fans, opposition fans, commentators and analysists) had written us off before the season started.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Suddenly Ronaldo is after Salah for the golden boot. Salah for sure knows this, easy to say all about the team, but he wants that Golden Boot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

A measure of how good we were today is that we didn’t give Jack Grealish one opportunity to dive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Huge problem is we only have 4 good enough midfielders

We have nobody to bring on to help shore up a game,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,281 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Only caught the second half. Thought Thiago was excellent. Nicking the ball back and some lovely controlled passing. We were unlikely to keep a clean sheet against City so I'm not overly concerned by that but thought Konate could have done better on both.

Onto Tuesday and a good walloping for United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

PL title - Liverpool vs Man City going to the wire

Carabao Cup Final - Beat Chelsea to win it

FA Cup Final - Needing to beat Chelsea to win it

CL Final - Possibly needing to beat Man City to win it

This season is nuts in terms of intensity!!

• Advertisement

Is every problem “huge” in your eyes?

A few seasons ago we’d have sold our souls to have four midfielders as good as we have now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

What a team we have here. Unbelievable. Delighted for Sadio too, he's had his doubters this season but he's still absolutely top top class. We need to be sorting his contract out along with Mo's.

Savour every second of this we may never see the likes again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

We have now reached every major cup final under Klopp

The FA Cup

The League Cup

The Europa League

The Champions League

The World Club Cub

The European Super Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭jones

On a serious note when is Mo coming back from AFCON? ;-)

Ye true but it could ve the reason we miss out on the Throphies at the end of the season,

Be very nice to have someone tocome in for Fab at the end og of intense games

Any great results where in the final job done for today

Palace no pushover, beat Wolves away, Draw with City, beat Everton 4-0 in Fa Cup, beat Arsenal 3-0,

Roll on Chelsea, should be close, Chelsea having one of those times, out of Pepsi Cola cup, out of Title race, out of CL, the quad is on..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Palace in the FA Cup final would have me worrying about a Wimbledon 88 final!

The playing him back into form approach hasn't worked. We need to try the other one. Give him a few games off.

Mane if played central for full season would score 30 plus Shirley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭jones

Totally agree he's played too much look at the AFCON the amount of extra time he played on top of all the normal 90 minutes. The man needs a rest. He'll come good again but the playing into form is clearly not working in relation to goal scoring. He's actually doing well on everything else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,642 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

What a team, what a result. These guys are amazing. Could have closed it out earlier or better perhaps, but were in 2nd gear throughout most of the second half.

Mane, what a big game player he is. Some here would have shipped him out in January the way they were writing him off, but he was brilliant again. That central position suits him, he's always involved and so clinical in what he does there. Glad he wasn't seriously injured obviously, shocking tackle by Fernandino, scandelous, knew exactly what he was doing too.

Middle 3 were good throughout. Mo didn't score but again had a good game, the goals will come.

BTW, what's happened to Elliott, he hasn't been seen in a long time, is he injured or something? Today would have been a good chance to get some minutes in the legs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,716 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Good Jaysus

We're feckin great, aren't we ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'd say Elliot is being minded. I think it's the right call to not be rushing him back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Only United on Tuesday..

Every game is wow..told my little man to enjoy it because it won't happen too often.

Yeeesss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I said it last week after the game play to our ability and they won't be able to live with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Huge problem. Huge. Has caused Liverpool to plummet to the bottom of the table and fall out of every cup competition. Your constant negative perspective is ridiculous.

Was it you who wanted to sell Mane last summer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Peculiar decision by Pep to start with that lineup and it helped massively with how the game played out. He done something similar in a CL game a couple of seasons ago that cost them dearly and hopefully he continues with this trend till the end of season.

I think Sterling would make a great centre half. Hopefully Pep sees the merit in the idea.

Nope not me,

I love Sadio even completely off form who ever is marking him will come off bolloxed,

In huge i mean right now its our one weak point that's all

• Advertisement

Id imagine its no coincidence that the one game Klopp knew Walker wasn't playing in and we started our quickest front 3

He's bailed then out so many times against us over the years with his pace

Great we have such flexibility up front

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Bring back Gini....

Bad decision to start Kelleher in the final.....

We never replaced Gini....

City will take Atletico apart tonight and walk to the final.....

We need to change midfield today because they ran the show last week, changed midfield..... don't like the midfield today ( no Hendo leaves us light ).....

We need someone like Gini....

No one to come on and control the midfield..... on comes Henderson.

I've lost count of the sheer number of posts that go Straight to 'We're doomed' for a sheer multitude of reasons, that ultimately don't happen.

It's kinda funny but also a tad annoying, but each to their own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Jones couldn't have a better mentor than thiago..what a baller,if you can't learn from him your doomed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

Well he seems to think he can take free kicks, so anything is possible

Ibrahima Konaté has played 22 games for Liverpool:

WWWDWWWWDDDWWWWDWWWWWW

It worked out that game with Kellher but Steffan showed today the problem with leaving out your first choice keeper can cause in a massive game, I just didn't see the need in a final, i wasnt the only one

So basically the rest is saying the same thing different ways, I think we are short on legs in midfield,

We have 4 very good midfielders but the way we play means normally 2 need to be subbed as there out on there feet & we play so many games that mean something its hard to rest them,

Nothing wrong or untrue in saying we could do with another quality midfielder,

Never once said bring back Gini just we could do with a player with his skill set

We should always look to improve

Post edited by yourdeadwright on

• Advertisement

So much potential, twice the player Virgil was at that age

Actually i thought Virgil was a tad lazy on both City goals today

After those two games, what an absolute horrific thought we might have to go through that again in the CL final 🤮

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

If we get to the final, then I would much rather meet Real, I think it's fair to say we owe them 1.

Although, Pep would probably overthink the situation and give us an advantage by changing/not changing the setup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭McFly85

Thought we were brilliant today, foot off the gas second half but job done! This season is already something special regardless of what happens now, at least 2 finals and still in the hunt in the league!

Beat Villarreal and we'll have played in every game possible this season bar the Charity Sheild

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Firminos

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Same, would much prefer to face Real than City, although I think City will beat Real. We need to do our bit against Villarreal first and not take them for granted. If we do make the final, no matter who we face it'll be tough; Real have had our measure in recent years and just know how to win CLs, City at full strength (Ederson, Walker and De bruyne) are a different proposition to the team we faced today, I was delighted to see City's team sheet today as I knew it gave us a great chance and so it proved even if we were hanging on at the end. Nothing won yet (well apart from league cup), but, it's great that the possibility of the Quadruple is still on, don't expect it to happen, but, we can still dream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,495 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

I popped in to say the same, basically

Will we survive AFCON? Easily

Crazy April? Flying through it

Great to see us finally playing well, there's been a few results ground out recently. What a massive 5/6 weeks now...

I'm heading over on Tuesday for the United match, Anfield should be bouncing 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

despite the media hysteria, the quadruple is not on. City will flat track bully the dregs and the CL is a 25% chance at best but if it did happen, and honestly it surely can't, the debate is over, we're better than Ali, more magical than David Copperfield and bigger than Jesus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,495 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

I agree about the league, but it's fun fighting!

I disagree about the CL, we're well over 25% 😉

And we must be favourites for the FA Cup now, albeit marginally

So, no, the quad won't happen. But it could, just maybe...!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,642 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

He's 3 games without a win now, pressure is building on him 😂

I think the game today showed how hard it is to win multiple Throphies,

City lose KDB & Wlaker 3 days before the game with there toughest rivals the two players who have been there most effective(for different reasons) against us in recent years, You really do need lady luck on your side to win Multiple Throphies

the second was the most Mane goal ever, just saw the stuff about the City fans chants, seriously that's the reason I'm glad brexit happened

Whats the thoughts on Tuesday

Firmino, Jota, Henderson & Matip to come in?

Who sits out?

Will he rest one of Fab & Thaigo?

jurgen klopp is the greatest manger ever, it's not even debatable

• Advertisement
Advertisement