Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domestic Solar PV Quotes 2022 - No PM requests - See Mod note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭kabakuyu

You could just get the 8 panels for 30e per month after grant, then have the water diverter installed at half the cost (c.650E) by a local sparks.I would also pay upfront for any extra panels you want, they work out quite expensive on the 10 year plan.

I signed up last May with SAAS for a 2.5kwp system at 20e per month, I should have produced about 2.6MWh in the year to mid May which is good going, my only regret is not having got more panels.

I am currently adding 6 more panels to another roof as a non grant job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭MAULBROOK

I think that could be bettered with a little more homework. But you are on the right track.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭garbanzo

To start, thanks everyone for posting here. The Solar PV threads here have really helped me in educating myself and making a decision to head on the “Solar Trail”. Deposit paid yesterday. Based in Dublin. We are going with a quote of €5,100 net of the.SEAI GRANT for:

4KW 10 panel system on an east/west roof profile.

No battery as it is just too expensive.

No other frills.

We are happy with the deal but installation will not be until June as they are very busy by all accounts.

Would love to hear people’s post-installation experience if people are happy to post up.

g

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

How soon for your install ? You could consider a DIY Battery install further down the line :)

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭garbanzo

Installation in June and yes, the plan is to add on and future proof in that respect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭hick

Just a confirmation for anyone that has a heat pump. Did you also get the Eddi?

enniskillen lads telling me I don’t need need it, as the solar and batt will cover the heat pump which will do the water in summer and winter.

Any real world experience to help mail the decision?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭OO7FITZY

anyone give feedback on company previously called ******* mentioned in older threads (work out of Dublin I believe), now called ******

Post edited by Jonathan on

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jflanagan

Hi all.

Thanks for all the useful info. I've got two quotes so far:

3.2kw (8 x400kw), Solis hybrid inverter, after grant €4,800. Installation July/Aug (enniskillen)

3.2kd (8 x 405kw), Huawei hybrid inverter, after grant €5,400. Installation June (rhymes with peep)

Awaiting more details on the subscription service, and a quote from a big electricity provider.

Any thoughts on the Huawei vs Solis hybrid inverter (we will hopefully be getting EV in a year or so)?

Also, I'd appreciate if anyone can PM me any other companies we should get quotes from. I'm in Dublin.

thanks

So SaaS for €3600 for a normal inverter or Enniskillen for €4800 (and have all that cash up front) for a Hybrid. For €4800 with SaaS, you could get 10 or 11 panels.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 OnChip

Hi all,

I got the following quote today. I live in the south east.

6.4kWp

16 x 400w Trina Solar

Huawei SUN2000 6Kw Inverter

Myenergi Eddi

Total Before grant: €10,875.00

After Grant: €8,475.00

All of the above but with a Huawei Luna2000 5KW Battery

Before grant: €15,450.00

After grant: €13,050.00

Also, if anyone has recommendations on other place to try, please PM me. I can PM who this quote is from, if required. I am keen on getting a battery.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

Not the worst quote I've seen (for the quote you got without the battery), probably about €500-1000 over the odds. But its "in abouts"

But the one with the 5Kwhr battery is pretty shocking. Effectively €4500 for a 5Kwhr battery. Wow - nearly €1k/1Kwhr! (€915/1kwhr to be exact)

Only thing to be aware of I believe is that a Huawei will only take the expensive Huawei battery.

Very true - I'd forgotten that championc. Still, it's a battery. It's not as if the electrons flowing out of the Huawei are better than the electrons flowing out of another battery. Nahh, they're taken the mick there on that.....(Huawei that is)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Have bitten the bullet and ordered 10x 5kWh rack mount batteries from China, will see how that goes in the coming weeks.

Not as cheap as the diy route but working out several hundred euro cheaper than anything I have priced here.

Looking at quotes the prices seem to be on the rise.

Won't be needing the 10 so will have some spare for those not wanting to go the diy route and can pm me for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,772 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Just get the panels and get your own eddi. It's expensive getting it off them.

The eddi works out 1200 over 10 years. You'll buy one for half that.

Panels on their own are s great deal. Some of us on here went with them last year with 7 panels for 20 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,772 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

How dare you suggest the hauwei is no different to the others.

I'm shocked, horrified and dissolusioned at the thought. 😂🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Imp Lannister

Just got our second quote today, and judging by the spec you've listed, it is from the same company (minus the eddi, we have a heat pump) and are based in Wexford. Much more reasonable than our first quote from another South East company. Debating going with fewer panels and getting a battery, or max out on the panels. House is entirely electric and hoping to go for an EV in the next 12 months. Our usage is approximately 8,000 units per year.

Would like to see what other companies are pricing at if you don't mind sending on their details, thanks.

If you read much of the thread, mentioned time and time again, panels are the engine of the whole thing. You can't do anything without panels. If your 8000 units and going EV, then you would be looking (at least) 6Kpw in panels which is about 16 panels.....and ideally you probably want to be close to 8Kwp (20 panels) if not beyond it.

I'd ditch the Eddi -LONG- before skimping on panels. An Eddi is a relatively easy thing to install. Not much harder to install than say a NEST for your heating - but the main thing is that you can order it yourself online and install it as an "after market" job.

Battery is kind of necessary. Sure if your stuck for money you could go lower (2.5Kwhr) and then add on later, but with that usage I'd say 5kWhr min.

I don't know your technical level, but there's a great battery thread on the forums. DIY battery isnt that hard - and there's many very educated talented people here that can help guide you. Albeit it's not for everyone granted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭tech

this guy dosent seem happy with his PureDrive battery setup

have anyone got any feedback on their Puredrive battery

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

That's a previous generation AC Puredrive. No issues with my DC Puredrive battery. 100A charge/discharge rate is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭The devils

Brilliant stuff , will be definitely interested..could you send on the details for the new batteries.

That'll be some storage 👍👍

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭alan kelly

Over the last few weeks I got a few quotes prior to pulling the trigger, one particular well known company was just weird when asking for a quote.

Gave them a detailed spec Panel size, inverter make and size, battery size along with Eircode.

When they rang me they asked what I did for a living, what my wife's full name was, what she did for a living and would be both be home when they sent out an assessor. The call was veering on creepy. I politely told them to 'jog on'.

Only one come to mind a I personally hat8 them.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Baoithin66

After getting a number of quotes I think I will be going without a battery and maxing out the panels. What needs to be included in a system if you want it to make it as easy as possible to add batteries later??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,329 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

If it was me, I'd get a hybrid inverter and ask them to wire it as if they were fitting batteries. It's not a huge amount of additional work so be sure they don't charge an arm and a bollock.

You could go with a separate storage inverter later but getting a hybrid now is cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭vmware

has anyone come across ***** in West cork area ? any reviews on work TIA

Post edited by Jonathan on

Realistically, all companies doing SEAI grant work need to be good and do things properly, or an inspection could kybosh them.

So you really only need to focus on price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Teacher45

Interested in this too. Looking at Solar PV in same area.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement