Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭maebee

A brilliant powerful video

Carl Bildt (@carlbildt) Tweeted:

If they were to watch this in the Kremlin 🇷🇺 they might start to understand what they are up against 🇺🇦. https://t.co/ev4U20IzAG https://twitter.com/carlbildt/status/1515294443175387139?s=20&t=xy7d689HH4CanNqTk_kdqg

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

@ronivek And no the Global Hawks have not been flying over Ukraine or Mariupol; they have been conducting surveillance flights from significant distances outside of Ukrainian airspace along with all the other NATO air assets as shown below:

Yes they absolutely Have ,

I've and others have Shared flight radar tracking showing global hawks over ukraine and Mariupol

This is just one example

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭GM228

A Global Hawk has been over Ukraine since February 24th? They have not.

The screenshot you attached is from February 15th!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Now might be a good time to hold that postponed Minuteman test. Russia is acting as if it has forgotten that it isn't the only wielder of big sticks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Any evidence since this latest invasion started? I haven’t seen one NATO aircraft show up on FR24 over Ukraine since it started.

He's just yet another tone deaf German. Some of the others are showing encouraging sign their hearing is improving with time , perhaps his will too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭ronivek

You're posting screenshots of flights which were taken before Russia invaded. Of course they were overflying before Russia invaded Ukraine; but they absolutely have not been overflying since the invasion.

The same way actual NATO military and paramilitary forces were boots on the ground in Ukraine training troops and (allegedly) fighting the separatists... before the invasion.

They were flying during the invasion and post invasion of Ukraine ,the screen shots are all over this thread

The Americans have Said they are flying over ukraine

,and your saying no

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Detritus70

The pope hasn't been German for quite some time.

"I'm not a Trump supporter, but..." is the new "I'm not a racist, but...".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,422 ✭✭✭corkie

Think it was already shared in thread today. Remember seeing it and looked for it elsewhere.

Ukrainian refugee sings with Lithuanians in support for Ukraine

106,350 views 12 Apr 2022

Well well well, it appears a NATO Global Hawke may have disappeared off radar at 13:58 UTC South West of Odessa near the Ukranian border, well actually it did disappear off radar at 13:58 near the border, that does not mean it was shot down, but unusual for the Global Hawkes to turn off their transponders.

t

If the proof is "all over this thread" please share a link to one of those comments?

Your free to search yourself ...

It's been posted numerous times and numerous screen shots from multiple posters ,the Americans have confirmed it .

But yet here we are

• Registered Users Posts: 18,518 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Huge change in tone on the Solovyov talk show. Anyone watching can surely tell that things are not going well in the war for Russia (it may be that they are preparing the public for general mobilisation):

I follow them with various trackers and have not seen a Global Hawke (or indeed any NATO asset) over Ukraine since the war started, have also not seen any screenshots here since the war started (your own screenshot posted as proof was from February 15th), nor have I seen NATO or any other country say they were flying them over Ukraine since the war started.

It has been posted numerous times and the Americans have confirmed it yet you can't produce one iota of proof.

I suspect what you mean to say is: "I was wrong but I'm not willing to admit it, so I'll just tell you go and find the proof yourself while I move on and pretend it never happened."

Bollix .

What your saying is you haven't a clue about it ,

Just like your claims of predator /reaper drones needing to be on top of a target to hit it , when in fact they can kill targets multiple kilometers away.

Child's play

Irpin. Note all the high value military installations.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,518 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

No matter what way they spin it, the Russians sure as hell are losing to somebody in Ukraine. It's fascinating to watch all the confidence and arrogance of the last seven weeks starting to drain away from their faces.

Can you not see all of the secret Nazi conversion centers

Thats it , remember when they claimed the Ukrainan police were executing people in the streets who protested against the Nazi regime,

I'm just seeing dead Russian soldiers and tanks

Whoops. I'm an atheist, I don't pay too much attention to cults; obviously should have checked in on this one more frequently.

Not sure about that poster, but, I do know what I'm talking about and have numerous trackers (including a nice Gold membership to FR24 which among other things allows me to go back 365 days) and I can't find any evidence of anything flying over Ukraine since the war started (with the exception of the Ukraine Emergency Services AN26 and AN32Ps which made a daring dash to Poland after the war started), I also have not seen anything here since the war started and have not seen any nation confirm they were still over Ukranian air space since the war started like you claim.

America has confirmed they are over ukraine and providing live intelligence to the Ukrainans this is weeks olds news

They aren't doing that from the blacksea and as pointed out transponders get turned off easily enough , which no matter what membership you have to an app you wouldn't see ?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭maebee

Apologies. I missed it being posted earlier. Hairs on the back of the neck stuff.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

And I could go on.

Indeed.

I find your belief that Zelenskyy is spoofing and just fishing for sympathy and weapons to be a sever misjudgement of his character and intellect.

It's a pity that's not my belief. I never claimed he was "spoofing" or "fishing for sympathy". I did say as you quoted: Because of the position his invaded country finds itself in Zelensky has one major practical need; more weapons from his Western supporters. Yes he's talked about Western sanctions and help and support for Ukrainian refugees, but he talks far more about weapons and military moves like no fly zones. His pronouncments about possible Russian actions like the use of chemical weapons and nuclear weapons are to that end, to get more Western military involvement.

Bit of a difference there.

Dig up all of Zelensky's speeches and quotes. They are overwhelmingly about weapons and that's fair enough, because that's what he wants and needs to prosecute the defence of Ukraine. I get that and would broadly support it too. However he had a grand oul walkabout with UK PM Johnson glad handing as they went, with ceramic cocks FTW, just because he supplied them weapons. Or that's what it certainly seems to be as the fact Johnson and his cronies have enabled and supported Russian dirty money and happily welcomed them among his cronies to the degree of enobling a couple of them into their preening archaic echelons, and that became a magical memory hole for expediency's sake, as did the fact that Britain out of all the nations in Europe has taken in one of the fewest number of Ukrainian refugees fleeing this war. These are facts, so debate them if you will.

As for experts in nuclear war and the threat of it; just like the myriad of experts wheeled out when covid hit, their pronouncements ranged from We're all dooooomed, to feck all to see here. Remarkably few of those experts called it early on, even though the major hints were there from early on. Hell, there were randomers on this very site that were more accurate. The only thing anyone can truthfully claim about putin and the possibility of a nuclear strike is; we're not in Kansas anymore Toto. They/we simply don't know, but we can guess. And that's all we can do.

As for chemical weapons: If Russia had deployed them we'd be hearing a damn sight more than breathing difficulties and nebulous symptoms from those at the sharp end of them. If you're going to take that hideous step that even Hitler baulked at, your'e not going to pussyfoot around and will go with nerve agents and the like. Zelensky and the Ukrainian authorities have said little since, actually nothing, about that after the initial hullabaloo got the headlines. I'd not be surprised to find the mobile crematoria will suffer a similar fate.

Bucha will stand, as will more, or even worse examples of Russian depravity and criminal actions as they come to light. Of that I have no doubt. I also have no doubt that there will be some pockets of Ukrainian depravity and criminal actions that will come to light when the costs and bodies are counted. Though I've even less doubt that the scales of pure murderous evil will be heavily and ovewhelmingly weighted on the Russian side of the balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

I've yet to see any american official stating that the US are operating any drones in Ukrainian airspace since the Russian invasion.

They can provide live intelligence from radar from AWAC's, drones in the black sea or via satellite. Just because they say live intelligence, it doesn't mean the US are flying drones in Ukrainian airspace.

"America has confirmed they are over ukraine and providing live intelligence to the Ukrainans this is weeks olds news"

No they have not, they have confirmed they are sharing intelligence and only announced this week that will be stepped up, but the source of the intel is not clear, they have not stated that they are flying Global Hawks over Ukraine like you claimed, intensifying intelligence with Ukraine does not mean that it's intelligence from the unmanned drones, you are adding 2 and 2 together to get 5 there, there are many other sources of intel available.

"They aren't doing that from the blacksea and as pointed out transponders get turned off easily enough , which no matter what membership you have to an app you wouldn't see ?

No"

So where did the multiple FR24 screenshots come from that you claimed where all over the thread post the start of the war? 🙄