Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wallace and Daly

Options

Comments

Oh deary me,your comprehension skills are so poor,you failed to make it to the 2nd paragraph in my post

I have no bother calling for military escalation and proper help to ukrainines to defend their country,not this pricking about with sanctions

Quite how you have interpeted this as advocating for as a win for russia,is beyond me,

It looks almost as if yous have zero interest in plight of ukrainines,perfering to instead to misrepresent fellow posters on a msg board (one can only speculate as to why)....but surely noone would be of such sub-par moral character to use the slaughter of ukrainies,for purposes of WUMing

No reason both,diplomacy and military assistance on ground, cant work hand-in-hand

Tbf the donbas was to been granted some form of semi-autonomy in minsk agreement in 2014

I think at best russia could hope for at this juncture is to see that enforced by outside overseers of the UN/EU,and likely sacrafice several generals/senior military organisers to a war crime.commission

Lol make your mind up

The Russians are liars and aggressors with no grá for diplomacy

Just pretense

You clearly don't understand sanctions either or just don't want to

As ive said,both can go hand-in-hand,one wont work,without the other ffs....

only person to rule out,what will be, the realistic endpoint here is your good self.....do you honestly believe,this wont be ended in negociations brought about through intermediateries??

Russia has near endless resources/manpower to throw at this war,and a willingness to go deeper into the mire of warcrimes, than one can imagine,

without a military assistance to ukraine,they wont simply wont enter negociations as they will grind on through a military stalemate,that neither will win(ukraine will lose its best people/soldiers),

in a stalemate situation,diplomacy and a way-out for all,is most imperative to build trust and find solutions....

sanctions may speed it up,but its merely theorical,and pointless without proper assistance,that poor ukraine prime minister is pleading with weeks for arms/no-fly zone....irelands solution,continue allow russian money through ifsc,but ban kerrygold being sold in moscow?

I think there's enough putin bottery/usefully idiocy in this thread from one or two without me entertaining it any further

The fact of the matter is crimea and the Donbass were siezed,removed of any semblance of democracy by a country with none

Useful idiocy in acquiescence is shameful,stupid immoral and obviously utter hypocrisy when it comes from Republican quarters which it did officially untill 2 months ago when it was dropped with the sincerity of a cat swing at a rat,going on what I'm reading here

In the Case of Wallace and Daly,its just plain ignorance I think

• Advertisement

Nothing quiet like veiled personal attacks at other posters,when you simply dont wish to have subject matter discussed👏👏

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

I think you're confusing people who want a UI with politicians you don't like. We don't all represent political parties.

Says the fellah that questioned my compression skills upthread,which frankly I ignored

You're joining my ignore list

Best place for all the balderdash

Tbf you failed to read the post,which ya quoted,felt the observation was reasonable🤷‍♂️

If you wanted evidence of the despicable crap Wallace and Daly lend their names to,its this 👇

https://twitter.com/NaomiOhReally/status/1515228143086354435?t=0pATo_doVbjv_ltSFResFg&s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,715 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Wallace and Daly tried to get the author barred from the European Parliament for asking them questions they'd rather not answer. Says it all about them. Anyone who voted for them last time out really needs to have a rethink.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,677 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

People will forget by the time of the next election.

Hopefully it's made sure they remember all of this.

They are embarrassing all of us at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭MFPM

You are aware that they have absolutely no power to get journalists banned from the EP? She's is entitled to ask any question she likes and they are equally entitled to ignore her, completely the right thing to do when dealing with a journalist who's only goal is to damage you.

Who appointed you to speak on behalf of 'all of us'?

Poor Naomi, she's spent ten months allegedly researching this and produced two pages of stuff that is already on the public record, the MEPs make no effort to conceal it and any newly registered undergrad student with access to lexisnexis through their library could produce the same stuff in a couple of hours. Embarrassing stuff from her really!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,677 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Registered Users Posts: 19,437 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Isn't it just terrible that we don't have robust protections against such outrages such as reporting facts?

Journalists wouldn't get away with such violations of human rights in more civilised and developed societies like Russia. I know for a fact that all journalists over there know how to behave properly, and when one of them malfunctions and does something mean towards a politician, such is the feeling of shame and disgrace, that they usually shoot themselves in the head 4 or 5 times or have an accident and fall out of a window.

You have "unusual" heroes MFPM.

On the other thread you appear to have the horn for posh-boy rich kid Murphy and now you are running in to battle for two convicted criminals. Both have spent time in jail). One of whom stole pension money from his employees and also stole from the Revenue - by extension from the State and everyone in it

A lot of journalism involves compiling things on the public record and you seem intent on defending the two of them. At this stage they're becoming genocide apologists cause there's no signs of a willingness for real negotiations from Putin. Meanwhile more and more atrocities are coming to light and the two of them don't seem to even give them a mention.

I'm sure you know what you're rabbiting about! Oh BTW Julian Assange and Ed Snowden and Khassahogi would like a word in your shelllike....oh wait they cant'!

• Advertisement

Any other irrelevant things ya'd like to rant about to try to distract? Osama Bin Laden maybe?

We're you not aware that Wallace stole his employees pension contributions? Or that he defrauded the revenue?

Or that both were convicted and served time in prison?

All this lady did was collate publicly available material. It was useful for her to do so as most of it appeared on foreign language media which Irish people would not read. I'm sure the pair (and yourself for some reason) would prefer for it to be hushed up, but unfortunately we have free press in this country.

What a pathetic response.Please indicate one line where I mentioned anyone as a hero?

I didn't defend anything, I clarified inaccurate statements and ridiculed the standard of journalism.

'Genocidal apologists' - care to go on record with your actual name with that Pearl of wisdom, c'mon brave man money where your mouth is?

Ah, so you don't support Wallace and Daly after all. I'm glad that you are also able to see through their crap and see them from the shysters they are. Thanks for clarifying.

Hushed up, they published it, podcast it, tweeted it FFS...What were they trying to hide FFS. Naomi is engaged in really disingenuous journalism and she knows it!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

@MFPM

Wallace submitted an amendmemt to a European parliament resolution that sought to remove the Dutch investigation findings that the BUK missile platform that downed MH17 and killed 200+ people (including 80 children) belonged to the Russian military and was transferred both in-and-out of the DNR on the day of the crime.

That's a disgusting use of the mandate given by the people of Ireland South and I'm calling on you to condemn it.

The man is a fascist flunkie waster, and the people who spent even a second defending him are no better.

Jaysus. All these years I've said Daly, and later Wallace, were populist chancers ............ I never knew I was a shill for Nato. Should I have been getting paid? Would ya say it's too late to submit an invoice?

Ah, so this Naomi is engaging in disingenuous journalism by publishing stuff that everyone apparently knew anyway and that Wallace and Daly themselves published and podcasted and tweeted?

Hardly worth upsetting yourself over it now if everyone already knew it?

If I re-tweeted something Wallace puts up tonight, I'll be engaging in disingenuous journalism as well I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,891 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

What was disingenuous about it (do you have examples, if you mean the article)? Did you even read it?

I thought it was good and useful to know that Russia and China find their public statements etc. very useful for their propaganda and deploy them to bolster it. That was the main point, I think.

The stuff about the "Golden Lion King" nick (ha) + the Chinese Little Pinkies online really liking Wallace was quite fascinating (edit: in a morbid kind of way). Every days a school day I suppose.

Post edited by fly_agaric on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Great lord almighty, you stand over that the invasion isn't going to happen and it's all a Western media plot?

Newsflash from reality, the invasion happened. You're posts from pre-invasion haven't aged well, and neither are your posts in defence of the disgusting behaviour of Wallace and Daly.

Advertisement