Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'TEMPERATURES LOOKS SET TO RISE INTO THE LOW 20S OVER THE EASTER BANK HOLIDAY WEEKEND' ???????????

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

cool overcast and breezy about as far removed from the “heatwave” as could be. Yesterday evening actually was a nice evening in fairness it was bright and relatively mild and sunny. Back to normal today though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Cold and damp in Wicklow..

Easter bunny will need to get those deliveries in quick.

Post edited by SuperBowserWorld on

How’s the temperatures rising into the low 20s etc going? Anyway back in the real world of Irish weather it’s real feel 7 degrees and lashing rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭pauldry

I think the person who started this thread lives in Spain

Still

Cold

And

Damp

Post edited by SuperBowserWorld on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Some very nasty looking showers moving in from the West now could be sparks in places

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭highdef

Noticed that too only a few minutes ago. Not sure if they were in the forecast.

No warmer than (insert random place in Spain) cringey headlines this weekend!!

Still less than 10 degrees here, and with the wind chill it's officially baltic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

11c in Cork, and 27.2mm so far. Seems to have cleared up for now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

a horrible day here in Meath, wet and cool all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Still waiting to see where I was bullsh*tting about a heatwave? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭slimboyfat

Well it looks like the article I linked to from Donegal weather channel at the start of this thread was way off the mark, don't think it there was any weather anywhere near to what they had forecast, not the first time they have been wrong and won't be the last, there are far too many people out there who are conned by their bullsh*t forecasting, maybe forecasters like this should stick to what is going to happen rather what may happen.

Cold and wet in Wicklow.

Went to the coast for a walk in Waterford. Frequent heavy showers cool and blustery.

so it’s an emphatic no to the question posed at the start of this thread. It’s been all round a very poor holiday weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,311 ✭✭✭✭endacl

They were underestimating so. Sitting here in Mijas in low to mid twenties since last Tuesday. Creeping higher every day.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

What horrible tone and sentiment in this thread. Truly awful to witness the bitterness and and to think this is what has become acceptable in the Weather Forum. A person can disagree and have different opinions without being nasty.

slimboyfat your post just seems intent on inflicting hurt and you seem to have a personal vendetta against Donegal Ken and in my opinion your post is a disgraceful breach of the forum charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,540 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

I thought Friday afternoon and Saturday were lovely.

Not a heatwave but you could definitely get out and do stuff

Today wasn't too bad either. Dry

Fair enough, your entitled to your opinion as much as me but if you think I am in the wrong to call out someone who regularly makes ( in my opinion ) clickbait headlines about the weather, I make no apology for that.

• Advertisement

Sun is out today. Beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭cute geoge

No sun here in North kerry and nippy .Looking at m.e. data for the last week april 11 -18th it shows temp. av. 10.7 up 1.2 degree from 10 year av. and it still felt very cold .How accurate are these figures at all .I can't understand it feeling so cold with above av. figures

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭firemansam4

Another very cold, wet, and miserable morning in Donegal.

Back to work after a week off from tomorrow so expecting a big improvement in the weather to coincide with that :/

Advertisement