Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wallace and Daly

Options

Comments

Wonder if he thinks there are war crimes occurring or not and signs of genocide...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,437 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

MFPM, it's not too late to stop digging. Wallace and Daly aren't going to be able to brazen this out. They admittedly have a few years grace before their potential re-election back to the gravy train (which comes with the sideline gig/benefit of being valuable to foreign autocracies). But I don't think that that people will forget and I think that the spotlight is on them too much. For once, they will realise that there can be such a thing as bad (self) publicity. The more you blindly defend them on here, the harder it will be for you to backtrack or walk away later.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭MFPM

You have repeated this lie several times, you've been repeatedly asked to show any posts that demonstrate anti-Semitism and you have continually failed to do so because there is no evidence, and you are a liar. As a result, mods have been forced to censor you several times, and hopefully, they'll do so again.

I was banned from one thread BTW, and it wasn't for anti-Semitism, as you well know.

Funny how the 'gravy train' is rolled out for Daly and Wallace but not Fitzgerald, Cuffe, Kelleher, Kelly, McGuinness etc...I see too you're repeating Naomi's false narrative and invalidating a correct critique of NATO or the West because Chinese or Russian state media choose to use it!

As for an election in 2+ years' time, that will take care of itself, you shouldn't be bothering your little head too much about such future events, though I'm sure Daly and Wallace would be touched by your concern for their electoral fate.

You're tying yourself up in knots here. It's like the Russian warship that went on fire by itself and that sank because of the weather. Definitely not because of anything Ukraine did, but that the Russians had to fire missiles at Kyiv in retaliation for.

Here, we have a journalist who you say is just repeating things that W&D had themselves published and put into the media. Sure W&D didn't want it to be hushed up - they published it themselves. Yet, the journalist "re-publishing" that material is disingenuous and a false narrative 🤣

• Advertisement

Nope. Which is it? Is the journalist just highlighting things that W&D had already publicised themselves, or is she being disingenuous with a false narrative?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,891 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

While we're at it may as well point out another error you made @MFPM.

You mocked the journalist for working 10 months on it. She had to observe the pattern over time (Wallace/Daly saying something, and subsequent reaction if any in state media and information spheres of authoritarian states).

There's no shortcut. Unless someone has a time machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Astonishing attack from the poster on a journalist - who is collating and accurately reporting on the activities of Irish MEPs who have ended up on the fringe of the fringe.

Proof positive of what many on the extreme political fringes think of the profession of journalism and their role in our democracy.

'Nope' and then you repeat a question which demonstrates you being obtuse...go and think about it and try to work it out for yourself it's not that hard!

• Advertisement

My mocking was the fact that she produced two pages from a ten-month investigation, I've stated no errors so I'm not sure where you're getting 'another' from, your bias clouding your judgement.

"Must try harder" would be the grade for your current attempts at deflection.

Apparently, in Yurt2's version of democracy, journalists are above critique! I wonder would Yurt2 be as keen to jump to the defence of John Pilger and others who are critical of Western Imperialism and NATO or does his support for the 'profession of journalism' only extend to journalists who echo his geopolitical outlook!

Nope no "bias" (no u!). How we twist and turn, you definitely seemed to be mocking the length of time spent, the fact it took 10 months. It was a lengthy enough newspaper article too as such things go with quite a lot of detail in it, but I have a feeling in my waters that you did not read it.

You said the the article was disingenous journalism, yet provided no evidence of that.

You said they had "no power to get her banned from EP", now that may be true (so not an "error"), but the article does say they called security on her when she tried to ask them questions and "requested the Irish Times reporter be barred from the European parliament". So they did their best according to the article.

Your 'critique' if you can call it that is based off the fact that she's accurately reporting and rendering what these to fascist flunkie clowns are up to. You'd rather she didn't report on them in the first instance and apparently have no issue with the two apologists trying (and failing) to shut her down.

All of the above is again, proof-positive of your repressive political predilections.

Long may she continue to report on the activities of the two Putin flunkies, and we look forward to you throwing the toys out of the pram for her doing so.

Embarrassing enough you made a show of yourself on the Russia thread, trying to tie-in the media into some sort of elaborate conspiracy for reporting on the impending war, another notch for you going after a journalist for accurately reporting the misdeeds of two Irish MEPs going off the reservation on behalf of autocrats and murderers worldwide.

Time for reflection MF, scant evidence that you're capable though.

Read every word of it and I'm familiar with her Twitter feed and the agenda she's been driving. She incorrectly stated that they had tried to get her banned, they have no power to do so but if they reported her and then they could only have done so if she broke Rule 25(2) of the European Parliament's Rules of Procedure which I suspect is what happened. I also suspect her line 'The reporter currently remains accredited with access to the parliament' is perhaps telling that the investigation isn't concluded...we'll see.

Seems like yet another Russian warship.

CD didn't try to have her banned. But the investigation is probably ongoing. That would be the investigation started by the attempt to ban her which wasn't done. But the investigation is real. Even though there was never a report made so it didn't happen. But it's still ongoing, even though it was never started, and you will all see when it is over that this journalist will be found out and that the claims which led to her being investigated, those claims which were never made mind, will be shown to be correct.

Am I doing it right?

Never mind Russian warship. I think we've hit Comical Ali levels

Well, I'm glad you've read it now. Didn't seem like it from those earlier posts. You see an "agenda" (you forgot "nefarious" there), I see, you know, journalism...They can't focus on everything. It just happens that interest in this is very timely, given the Russian invasion of Ukraine and our own MEPs positions on the sanctions, EU military aid and such. Oh sorry I forgot, silly me, Russia did not invade Ukraine. It was all a collective bad dream.

What is Rule 25 when its at home mr lawyer?

Google can tell us that!

Rule 25(2):

The Bureau shall take financial, organisational and administrative decisions on matters concerning the internal organisation of Parliament, its Secretariat and its bodies.

It would seem like a standard rule that disingenuous journalists might fall foul of. ..............in the head of a W&D supporter maybe

Yeah I googled it too out of curiousity and couldn't understand relevence to discussion + was hoping for some explanation from a legal mind!

• Advertisement

Ah sure, you led me to checking her Twitter... Video evidence of the **** they spout is fascinating. Meanwhile you and them ignore genocide and war crimes....... Can you point to either of them even mentioning the likes of Bucha? That says a hell of a lot about their morals.

Wallace- "Now you can't even say what you like"..............I suppose that might be the case when ya use your money (god knows where it is coming from) to try to silence a national broadcaster in the High Court.

Imagine comparing a fella being tried for spying with "the worst of what happened in Northern Ireland".

We get it. A journalist who works for a private entity, and is not employed or does not have any contractual relationship with teh EU bodies, somehow broke the following rule

Rule 25(2):

The Bureau shall take financial, organisational and administrative decisions on matters concerning the internal organisation of Parliament, its Secretariat and its bodies.

And she is currently being investigated for doing so, even though she wasn't reported for it. Although now she was reported for it. Even though CD doesn't have the power to report her (somehow)

What a load of cobblers. Wallace and Daly were questioned by a journalist doing her job and they attempted to get her EU Institution accreditation pulled because they didn't like it.

Who said anything was noted? You're making sh*t up.

You're peddling excuses for two fascist toilet lid sniffers and concocting tall tales about how EU parliamentary accreditation works.

Up your game.

I'm terribly sorry it wasnt clear to you that I read the article, I'm not in the habit of commenting on articles I haven't read. I don't see an agenda, there is an agenda that's as clear as day, O'Leary has tweeted about Daly on RT while conveniently ignoring the plethora of Irish politicians who appear on it, just one example of her dishonesty.

Do your own research, maybe ask Naomi to help you, one would imagine she knows what rule 25 is!

Bloody hell, you've only just realised Naomi is on twitter now??? Glad I was some service, she's been building her clicks for a good while now, no interest in anything Daly or Wallace did for 2 years but then she spotted an opportunity...it's uncanningly similar to the UK press and the campaign against Corbyn...

Sure anyone could report anyone for anything. It would likely have to be investigated. Although we actually only have MFPM's claim that there is even an investigation.

But the rule we are quoted that the journalist broke isn't one that she could have broken, as it pertains to the internal financial decisions of a body within the EU.

It would be a bit like claiming I'm being investigated for breaking a rule in the Department of Finance that states that their budget committee has to formally vote on departmental allocations for the year. When I don't work for the Depatment of Finance and never have

Who are the "plethora of Irish politicians" that have appeared on RT, and were they acting as Kremlin crotch sniffers like Mick and Clare while doing so?

Plenty of big talk from you about "an agenda" from the IT journalist. Pony up, who are you talking about here when you say "plethora" and were they playing the Putin tea boy role when doing so?

• Advertisement

wallace & grommit are two good reasons to bring in recall elections.

Advertisement