Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Anytime Cork go messing around with the ball in the backs its always trouble. Time and time again. Learned nothing from the past. I just would like to see Kingston step down after this year. Useless and tactically inept.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

Almost as embarrassing as Cork persisting with Cahalane and Coleman at 3 & 6... but not as embarrassing as the messing done by Cork in the lead up to 2nd LK goal... tis literally men against boys...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,657 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,883 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

That wind will put their puckouts right in our fullback line - going to be a long second half I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,244 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

That's scandalous for the second goal. Not a Cork player within 20 metres of Gillane. Embarrassing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,720 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Unbelievably naive.

Limerick have not played well, just bunched and spoilt for most of that half and Cork gifted them 2 soft goals that you wouldnt see u12s concede.

Cahalane seems to spend more time on his arse than off it.

2-5 given away from turnovers and yet Cork will persist with short passing and getting caught in possession.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭The White Feather

I agree with this. Hw has to turn this around now this half. I mean at least have tactics that make them earn the win and not gift them it. But I think he will just keep going and not really change much though. He doesn't seem to ever have a plan B. We keep doing the same thing over and over.

Kieran Kingston is a gentleman no doubt... at least he comes across as one in interviews..... a quiet man... private man... unfortunately not the right man for Cork... Cork need someone like Mr Cody.... a man with a presence and an authority... a leader... a guy who would eat them alive for the messing done in the lead up to that Lk goal...

Limerick got a point there and no one even tackled him. The ball was pucked out. Limerick player strolled out, passed the ball once and then its over the bar. How on earth can this be allowed to happen

• Advertisement

Marty is sickening. Anything Limerick do is the greatest thing he's ever seen.

The League Final simply wasn't a mishap. We are simply terrible as a hurling team. Brutal stuff. Kieran Kingston hang your head in shame.

Blatant push there. Nothing given by the ref. This drives me mad

We aren't physically strong enough. Cork are useless let's be brutally honest here. Its a real pity it wasn't knockout and put this team out of their misery.

I don't think we are terrible at all. I think we are just leaderless in the management area and this is due to Kingston. A better manager would get a lot more out of what we have. We have good players and the ingredients are there. Its just not coming together.

Should have been a penalty there for Cork. Yet another foul by Limerick not punished

While Kingston and diarmuid Sullivan will have to take some of the blame... the cork players are not babies... the lack of passion and ambition is brutal.. and no cuteness in their play either..... no desire at all...

Yes he is completely biased.

He ruins a game with his commentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭conor05

I hate saying it, but Horgan getting game time now actually annoys the hell out of me.

He is finished in every aspect.

Kieran Kingston hasn’t the balls to drop him.

Thats harsh.

Cork have had most of the possession but its the same old failings, no full back and no ball winner in the full forward line.

Until those two issues are resolved it will be the same old story.

Teams like Limerick will just crowd us out and their playing on the edge ( repeatedly foul) wil go unpunished.

don't think we are terrible at all. I think we are just leaderless in the management area and this is due to Kingston

we are rudderless, not physicall enough and no game plan and poor tactical manager. Cork are not going to win an All Ireland for decades going by the way we are playing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭magic17

Time for Kingston & friends to step aside at the end of the season. They've had enough cracks at it now.

Wasn't expecting a win today by any means but we've clearly learned nothing from both the All-Ireland final last year and the league final. It's utterly embarrassing at this stage the stuff they come up with tactically and personnel wise. This is not the best that we can do.

While the score wasn't as bad as the AI final, the gulf between the teams was as wide.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭thefa

Disagree with the idea that better management turns us into a team that beats Limerick, at least consistently in championship. Talent isn’t there to fill out a strong XV and panel in my opinion. Notional to think there’s a quick fix to win an All Ireland.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,883 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Typical performance from Cork, typical tactics, typical result.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭roshje

Won’t blame the players but the management has a lot to answer for, for that style of play

• Registered Users Posts: 34,147 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

That was every bit as bad as last years AI final. In fact I think we have gone backwards. Limerick were only in third gear.

Kingston and sullivan need to go. Not good enough.

We are still well behind the pack. Could go years before we contend again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Cork2021

The talent is absolutely there! We’ve the likes of Cahalane and Mellerick playing when nowhere near senior level.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Cork2021

I’m from the area and it’s bias but Ryan Walsh(Aidan Walsh’s 1st Cousin) has been absolutely outstanding for Kanturk the last couple of years at either midfield or Full back. A unit of a young lad with pace as well. Need players with guile and pace! We lack it big time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,147 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

We need them to hit the gym too. Soft as ****.

The sad thing is that the season is over already. We could win next 3 or 4 games but when it comes to limerick again they blow us out of the water.

I don't see us winning more than 1 of next 3 games myself.

No need to be worried about taking time off in July anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭Plastik

Not much point echoing everyone else. Another really poor performance. We were playing junior level hurling out there today. No drive, no fight, brainless stuff, poor skill execution, no vision, slow speed of thought. Very difficult to watch TBH.

Advertisement