Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Race Thread 2022 **spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Isn't he still recovering from a pretty serious crash?

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Mr. Cats

He was well recovered from the crash by last Summer

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I can't help but wonder about the Netflix documentary when so many of the seasons races have been great entertainment so far but all they will cover is the TdF. I haven't seen Drive to Survive and I know little about GP racing but it feels like if they just covered the Monaco Grand Prix or something. They better hope somebody puts it up to Pogacar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

Interesting to see Kurt Boegarts with a more prominent role as DS at Ineos. I though his initial role was purely linked to the signing of Pidcock (and his role as personal coach).

The video of him in the An Post car at the tour of Britain for Sam Bennett's breakthrough stage win showed the passion he had for the sport. The Eurosport interview from today shows the passion is still there

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/cycling/paris-roubaix/2022/its-too-much-ineos-ds-kurt-bogaerts-overcome-with-emotion-after-paris-roubaix-win_vid1665486/video.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Bloody hell RTÉ news, they show the Lampaert crash today from Roubaix, but don’t bother telling who actually won the race

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Post edited by TheBlaaMan on

Wow he did well there. @TheBlaaMan if you hit enter after pasting the link it'll embed it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,650 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Laporte must really hate Roubaix and rear wheels, last year he had to brake with his foot on his rear wheel and now this year he’s skating with it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,242 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Eddie at the Tour of the Alps that starts today, looks like he's there in support of Porte.

Froome is doing domestique duties at the front of the peloton, guess they've got to get something out of him for all those millions...

• Advertisement

Brilliant bouchard getting a newspaper for the descent, straight up the jersey.

Eddie having a dig there.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,729 ✭✭✭✭dahat

This is going to be super close.

I did not fancy his chances from the looks of him coming into the last 3 or 4km there but he just about held on.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,728 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

The guy was stretched out clapping for ages before hand and the rider is right in the gutter. It's not the same as an idiot selfie, clown running with flag or Omi/Ompi

Not a bad result for Dunbar today, seemed to have been given free reign to sprint for himself vs Sivakov & Porte.

The three of them are all now in the top 10 on GC, 16s back on Bilbao

• Registered Users Posts: 10,266 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

16 finished in the front group and there’s some huge names in there. Real good sign for Eddie. Up to 8th on GC (joint 4th really - same time as 9 others including Sivakov and Porte)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,628 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

what grand tours will Eddie be doing this year ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

would think hed get a shot at the Giro and maybe Vuelta

None that I know of, he's actually only ridden one so far, Giro 2019. Sky/Ineos seem to favour others over 3 weeks and leave Eddie to do other races. I would have said another crack at the Giro was on the cards as he seemed to work really well with Carapaz in the racing they did together last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,266 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

He was definitely due to do one last year (or maybe 2020?) but got Covid and had to miss out. Might have been injured for end of the 2020 season too. Memory a little fuzzy as all those GTs merged into one!

He’s down for Tour of Romandy which probably excludes the Giro.

He had a crash too at some point didn't he, now I think on it. Like you memory is fuzzy around those tours and races happening at the same time.

Think he was due to do the Vuelta last year before getting ruled out with Covid

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭griffin100

He’s not down for either the Giro or the Tour on Cyclingfever.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,214 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Really looking forward to Flech Wallone tomorrow. I can't see it going any other way than a duel at the end between Pog and Alaphilippe. It should be a great race though.

Tour of the Alps tomorrow is a very likely breakaway win I think although Bilbao and Bahrain Victorious look imperious in this Tour through the first two stages.

Post edited by eagle eye on

Great finish to the women's race. Massive effort to break things up by van Vleuten but Cavalli stuck to her back wheel and went by her with 50 metres left.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Mur de Huy has to be one of the great finishes. Fair play to Cavalli. As to Eddie I think everything is up in the air with Bernal out so Carapaz may switch to the Tour even though he is still down for the Giro. What that might mean for Eddie I don't know but he deserves a shot at one of them surely. Regardless he should get out of there at the end of the year especially when you see all the young talent they have coming through.

Cavalli looked so good on that climb. Apt she went for the strong woman gesture on the line.

Id imagine they'll go with joint team leaders, Martinez and Yates, in the Tour. I think Carapaz does the Giro and Vuelta.

• Advertisement

Pidcock abandons. All the talk of Inneos and grand tours I think Pidcock is down for the Giro but he has been out of sorts for a while so not a simple issue by the looks of it.

Advertisement