Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭TheLocalMan95

One is a pizza cutter, The other is a religious piss take. On Good Friday.

Not really the same is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Davy05

All these things are just comment section fodder. In the real world nobody actually cares. Another great week of wrestling. I'll be tuning in next week again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,781 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Fair play to you staying up till 4am just to find something to moan about, more dedicated than any AEW fan.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I'd say a few hysterical people online will definitely be upset about a barbed wire crown. Aside from that, like Davy says nobody will actually give a ****.

Imagine if social media was a thing during the Monday Night Wars, this place would probably have cannibalized itself 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

After hearing about the barb wire crown controversy I was expecting to give it some sh1t. Not cause it offended me but because it seemed a bit edgy or tryhard, Tony does have an ECW fondness afterall, thinking he wanted to recreate the Sandman crucifixion. Then I saw it.

That was nothing to get worked up over, I wouldn't have even have called it a 'crown of thorns' had commentary not said that. It made sense for him to put barbed wire on his head for the Dead Eye to be more effective. Was it trying to be deliberately edgy? I dunno but if they wanted that they could have gone further with it and didn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Pearl clutching ahoy about the barbed wire on Adam Cole's head.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Dynamite was on 3 hours earlier to be fair.

Nothing wrong with the spot for me, usually have something mad or crazy to end a feud anyway. Was a decent enough show overall.

Punk vs Page should be interesting, hopefully Omega will be back soon enough too.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The most offensive thing is putting a world title match on their equivalent of Velocity.

Sorry I meant to say Rampage. Usually yeah, but it was on early last night.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭rodders999

Pretty strange to have a battle of the belts special but not have the world championship on the line, instead choosing to have that bout on your secondary programme the night before

Doesn’t make much (any) sense

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Re: "crown of thorns" - remember that the US is basically a fundamentalist Christian country. There are a LOT of people who will have no truck with such things, especially when the vested interests get a hold of it.

Note that they made someone remove a "Stop Forced Motherhood" sign from the hard camera facing front row on Rampage. Fk Texas and its backward people.

Battle of the belts hasn't really excited me. I had hoped Sky would retain, but I'm not surprised. But Sammy is a heel now no matter what they say. Low blows and distractions and car smashing etc - how can you receive him as anything else?

Gresham looks great, I've not seen him in action before the AEW buyout and it's easy to see why he's a champ. They didn't mess the post match up this time (but yer man the basketballer doesn't look the part at all).

Rosa and Nyla hasn't been too bad, couple of sloppy incidents, but not disastrous.

A nice extra hour of wrasslin on a Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Yeah BOTB was ok, nothing too exciting. But a bonus hour of decent wrestling. Thunder Rosa v Nyla wasn't bad, Rosa should be on TV properly every week she's a star. Sammy and Tay were definitely presenting themselves as heels with the over the top post match make out session and the dry your eyes gestures.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

BOTB is such a strange event, it feels like such an afterthought and not sure how I feel about them about the titles just being thrown on a show for the sake of it. For what it was though it's fine.

Sammy is heel now, not sure if that will help all that much but it will certainly make fans feel better about booing him. My problem is that his character as a face or heel is mostly the same and I've grown tired of him, hoping someone comes back to take the title off him tbh.

Dalton Castle/Gresham was pretty good. Castle is a lot of fun and would love more of him in AEW. Then we got the Satnam Singh stuff again *sigh. It was better than his debut, I'll give it that.

Thunder Rosa/Nyla was grand, hope we get a proper programme for Rosa now and it's given some time. Statlander?

Again it was fine, some decent wrestling. If this wasn't for titles it would be totally unremarkable for me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

That is hilarious. I just keep thinking of Scrappy Doo whenever I see how small he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Has Dutt wrestled at all since he had his achilles surgery while in Impact in 2019?

He was always one of my favouites to watch during the great days of the TNA X- Division.

Really enjoyed Mox vs. Ospreay at last nights NJPW Strong Windy City Riot.

Was a really good match, the finish was a mess though, the crowd hadn't a clue what was happening. Was a good pairing. Ospreay's tweet while going to the ring was great. Hopefully there will be a rematch down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Im with you on this. Each show is still damn good by itself as the match quality is good but the build and booking leaves a lot to be desired.

Hangman as mentioned is putting on great matches but it feels like there's nothing with him outside that. The Cole program got stretched on too long especially since they're not doing the Elite breakdown as part of it. If they pulled on that and had Hangman and Bucks Vs Cole and ReDragon, it's be one thing but this just got stretched. Should have ended after Revolution. Hangman has also been far overshadowed by BCC, Punk and MJF which isn't really a good thing when he's your champion.

The program stretching is a big issue with their booking. Like Wardlow Vs MJF has been the same thing for weeks and it's likely going to Double or Nothing before we get a match which is ridiculous. Same with BCC, it's damn entertaining but where's this actually going other than Danielson and Mox having good matches. Who are they going to feud with? Same with JAS and Kingston/PnP. It's been going for months now and just repeating for weeks.

Sammy has go away heat at this stage and hes managed to make Lambert a face with how bad it is, and despite all that, they make him the champion again.

On the women's booking or lack thereof, Tony is really just out of excuses at this stage. The women he has can be used better and theres talented women out there to sign to bolster the division. He clearly has no interest in it and he's just doing it to not look bad by having an all male roster. Even the one match a week is turning into a squash match a good bit nowadays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I was reading Gresham has signed with AEW/RoH.

Singh looked better this time. On Dynamite he seemed very restricted like Khali, but this time he looked a lot more mobile.

I know someone compared rampage to Velocity. Usually I'd say that's not the case but this week they had Butcher vs a jobber, which would usually be a youtube match and Ruby vs a Renegade which would also be a youtube match if not for the Owen Hart tournament.

Speaking of the Renegades, when I saw them I was trying to remember who the Women's tag champs are then remembered there are none and they had the women's tournament as a one off.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Broadly agree with a lot of what folks are saying about the booking - biggest issue for me is they never seem to finish a feud when you expect and they have to faff about trying to stretch things. Why did Cole/Page keep going after a PPV? Similarly with this awful Sammy/Sky angle (except maybe to set Tay/Paige up)? Who's next for Hangman? What about Thunder Rosa? Nyla as the division's mini-boss works well enough, but the build was just plodding through muck (but a shout out to Nyla for the "I love cake!" line after that particular mess - her comic timing is great). See also: Nyla ruins Britt's Burgers a few months back.

BCC are obviously going to work with Best Friends (is OC shoot injured and for how long?). The Trent/Yuta animosity along with Mox talking about there being too many Goofs in the locker room makes it seem likely.

MJF and Wardlow is good with me, I feel like they're hitting the story beats well. We'll see what happens vs the Butcher. But it needs to wrap after whatever the next PPV is.

I suspect we've been in a holding pattern for the Owen Hart tournament and hopefully it'll spice things back up again and start some things moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,684 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Think after BCC Vs Best Friends, we'll see BCC Vs JAS - lot of good stuff that could be pulled out of that. The old school wrestling versus sports entertainers angle, and both sides having taken on a young massively rated superstar in Yuta and Garcia too. Yuta and Garcia have a lot of personal history themselves as well, with that famous one hour time limit draw a while back on the indies. Could even see a Regal V Jericho angle. lots of scope for singles, tag, and trios matches between those two factions.

I'm interested to see what happens when Khan's favourite womens wrestler Britt Baker returns on Wednesday. Guarantee she'll get more screen time (on Dynamites) than Rosa going forward.

He's definitely running out of excuses for the running of the womens division. Tbf I think Rok-C had a dream of working for WWE but I hope he made an effort to sign her. I feel if that was a young highly rated male wrestler, he would have pulled out all the stops to sign them (as I say though who knows the full story).

And just get Athena (Ember Moon) signed up, it's an obvious one. She'd be up there with Rosa, Deeb and Shida as one of the best workers in the division.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I just quickly read through the posts about booking and feuds and I remember in the earlier days pointing out how they seemed to be going through feuds too quickly. It was like Tony realised he could make a lot of matches he wanted to see and did it, but now maybe he's realised he should've paced himself more as he's doing twice weekly shows plus specials and PPVs.

I think BCC Vs Best Friends and then JAS seems likely but at same time, is that really what people want to see? I want to see Moxley and Danielson Vs Hangman, PAC, Andrade, Miro, FTR etc. Even them Vs Kingston and PnP has a solid story with Mox and Kingston. Best Friends just seems to be something to do as a program.

Looking forward and hoping the BCC vs. Best Friends leads to BCC vs. Chaos which then leads to Mox & Danielson & Yuta taking on some of the best NJPW has.

Danielson vs. Okada please.

Yes, if this happens, ignore anything I've said. I doubt we get Danielson Vs Okada in AEW as a singles match but even a trios match here with Danielson, Mox and Yuta Vs Okada, Ishii and OC/Trent would be great. Can leave Yuta or OC/Trent take the pin here then.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Really miss Omega at the moment.

I can only imagine the 5 star match he could have at this rumored Supershow

• Advertisement

I actully would not be surpised if this Supercard is announced that we will see the return of The Best Bout Machine on it.

Advertisement