Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Yay for the gig update, incredible length of set fair play to them.. Glad you went Jupiter

Am upright but sore, must buzz pain clinic tomorrow, see where I am in the order of things..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

We have a sick cat. No vet on call so have to wait until tomorrow. Looks very like the illness she had last christmas. Not as bad, but very similar. She's 13 odd now. I can handle it, but Ms G would be inconsolable if the worst came to the worst. Hardly slept last night. She was just sitting on the living room floor and very lethargic. I was up and down the stairs all night checking on her. Not eating either. Still acting weird.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Cats are difficult, they hide things so well, pain etc. Fingers crossed it's nowt serious.

Currently refusing to come in. Camped out under a neighbour's car. It's not a safe place to be due to the amount of crazy cats in the area that "belong" to a crazy neighbour.

Perhaps bring out an item of Ms. G's clothing like a t-shirt and leave beside car, they may lie on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I’m surprised there’s no vet on call, I agree with what Grem said leave an item of clothing out and she might come out

Got her in. Up on Ms G's bed now. Still not eating. Once she's in and warm we're happy for now Vet tomorrow. Calls to the house too. He was on a break. this weekend and his stand in was dealing with cattle. Country life! I'll keep an eye on her overnight.

Great stuff, at least comfortable and warm inside

Hello tuesday, are ya well, coz you're looking well....

Someone’s in a good mood 👍🍮

• Advertisement

Not at all really, just finish line in eight hours.

Lovely full moon out tonight

It has been literal lunacy all weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,156 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

@Grandeeod i hope that the cat is doing well.

@JupiterKid . Dubai and Las Vegas are probably the last places on Earth I would ever want to visit. Utterly false and artificial, totally devoid of any genuine character or culture...”

The two cities are worlds apart, Dubai is the capital of hypocrisy, they will sell you booze but lock you up if you misbehave after drinking that booze. Hookers are widely available, but once again they will lock you up if you put your pecker in the wrong place. But people come for the extravagance and shiny buildings, yet you always see these people posting pictures beside a pool or hotel beach. They never show the real views.

Vegas, well it’s Vegas and caters for literally everyone. Food booze drugs gambling and entertainment, so what more could you ask for ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Glad I covered tender plants at night, as there was a frost out. Friends who are new gardeners find it hard to believe we can have late frosts into May. Not impressed when I send a late text to get covering but grateful in the morning.

Months of work can be destroyed overnight.

Right, three hours bed, go!.

This is how my day went :)

@smurfjed jaysis tell me that's a simulator!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

@smurfjed /looks at PFD What are you training? Air combat? 😲😲😲

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Advertisement

I’m sorry but I would be pressing all the buttons 😂😂

week 2 with Covid and the doctor has now prescribed me a antibiotic as I can’t get rid of this chesty cough 😷

• Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

You'd go all Fr Dougal on it, Auto??

I'd be curious to see Vegas just for the sheer pantomime it is but UAE doesn't appeal to me at all for the reasons sumrf has outlined.

I remember reading about Detained in Dubai and feeling uneasy.

To thine own self be true

Yep a full flight Simulator, these attitude recoveries as the new buzz training and we had to do 4 hours of them.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Sorry to hear you’re unwell, Auto - plenty of R&R for the time being. 👍👍

Couchside, yoga class via Zoom done, nice and relaxed and taking it easy.

El Cato is in vet hospital since this morning. Tests, more tests and more tests. Suspected cancer. Ms G has not been told. This is life. It can effect anyone. Listening to her laughter from the kitchen as she's watching telly with Mrs G. I can't face telling her what may happen.As far as she's concerned the cat is in the Vets overnight for tests. I kinda hope the poor cat hasn't anything serious while at the same time does so Ms G learns about pets passing away. I've been there. It's a life lesson that's needed. Pets are the best thing ever, but losing them is a complete mind fook when they are part of the family. I really hope I'm wrong about her condition.

@Grandeeod my poor old madra had cancer, but he made it to 9 months after diagnosis before he got sick enough to say goodbye. Still devastated. The only problem with pets is that they just don't live long enough😭

I've been in Dubai & Vegas. You don't go to either looking for culture! Dubai would not be somewhere I ever had any interest in, but I did have a fantastic holiday there, but everything was laid on for me! Polo clubs, nightclubs, royal yachts,.mad experience, but not a favourite country of mine!

Vegas, in the other hand, never had a lot if interest in it either, but wow. Fantastic place to go. You don't need to gamble or drink at all, it really is amazing place to go. I'm thinking about it again for.my 50th.........in 3 years tim e

@Autosparks dunno why this is here, cannot delete😂😂

@Autosport week 2 here also, cough and fatigue still!

I kinda like Autosparks 😂 Fell asleep earlier and now I’m wide awake, hope you feel better soon 🤗

@Grandeeod i hope all is well with the cat 🐈‍⬛

• Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

@Grandeeod teens are more resilient than we give them credit for.

If your cat is 13, your daughter will know that she's an old lady in cat years and that she's vulnerable.

Just be honest I say.

Poor little moggy.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Sorry to hear you are still sick Auto and that the poor putty tat is not well Grandeeod.

In my bed after a perplexing evening. I have a friends with benefits relationship with a local lad here, with an emphasis on the benefits.

Anyway he messages me today to see if he can come over and sure I tell him no worries but he will have to get the biz done and leave by 9 pm when the football starts or be quiet while it's on.

He arrives at 8 and despite me trying to suggest we get the jiggy done so I could watch Liverpool he just wants to hang out and drink the wine he brought. He told me he enjoys our conversations.

So no hanky-panky, he left at halftime in the match and now I wonder do I accidentally have a boyfriend?

And they say women are puzzling? Answers on a postcard to Confused in Saranda.

• Advertisement

@Witchie football over nookie, gotta admire your dedication :)

Advertisement