Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Ronaldo's partner has lost a baby that she was pregnant with, I read that she'd been pregnant with twins and one of the babies died. Here's a statement he posted on social media.

https://twitter.com/Cristiano/status/1516120150533095432?t=jJimbBkHIcVKUCnrxL8Miw&s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

That's awful. Puts things in perspective. I feel terrible for him and his family. May the little fella rest in peace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Fowler was assaulted in the toilets at a hotel in Liverpool by two individuals who were attending a wedding. Another guest walked in as the assault took place and came to his aid. The person who helped Fowler was a guy from Dublin and the story was newsworthy of the Evening Herald at the time.

The "snorting coke" element is an example of how such stories grew legs when retold particularly by Everton fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

The whole Suarez racial incident and aftermath with the t-shirts is probably right up there in terms of non footballing low points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Ronaldo is a legend, but tragedy cares not for such status, in a perfect world no parent should lose a child, but this is far from a prefect world. R.I.P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Glad the club did that. I'm also glad that Ronaldo made it public... it's a thing that still, insanely, has a stigma attached to it, and big characters making it public helps to continue to break that a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I see City have agreed to make Haaland the wealthiest footballer in the world, he has a good agent but we caused this. I do wonder how much we would have won if the infinity money teams didn't exist?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Haaland could be Pep's Ibrahimovic. I can't remember Pep using an out and out striker effectively.

Haaland will help them probably with goal difference against the lower table teams but Haaland hasn't always cut it for Dortmund when they've faced tougher opposition in Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Aguero was pretty effective in Pep's best Man City team (and arguably the best Premier League team ever) in 17/18.

Pep may not ideally like using an out and out striker, but when he had one of the highest quality, he certainly got the most out of him. 20+ league goal seasons 3 straight years, before the injuries started kicking in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭Enzokk

It is such a joke. A club that cannot sell out its allocation for Wembley is somehow the most successful club in the world in terms of revenue. Now they are going to spend £75m - and remember our record fee is £75m for VVD - and £500K a week to sign Haaland. But nothing to see here in terms of financial doping. I hope the PL acts against City and their lies when it comes to their accounts, but this is the same PL that welcomed that bunch at Newcastle so I somehow doubt they will have the appetite to act.

Fowler couldn’t resist the temptation to respond to the reports, his actions caused the controversy, not the unverified reports of coke snorting. If you believe the coke reports were an Evertonian conspiracy, there is a CT thread.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Why would the PL act? It'd be a conflict of interest if they did. They want the best players and payers as it increases the profile of their product. The rot starts at the top.

Unless someone at Newcastle or City or wherever fall out of public favour and there's an obvious bandwagon against them, the PL appear happy to take whatever comes their way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,668 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

True, but they also want a competitive league.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Win tonight will see Liverpool qualify for next seasons Champions League

Not really, you can still have the best players without the financial doping we see. The PL commercial income dwarves all other clubs, other than a few outliers. So I see no reason why you cannot have tough FFP for the PL to ensure *fair(er) competition and still have the best players in the league.

The outliers being Munich with their commercial juggernaut, PSG with their Qatari backing and Madrid and Barcelona. Look at how the PL dominates the Deloitte richest clubs rankings. The money in broadcasting revenues will ensure the PL will still be attractive for players. You don't need Abu Dhabi or Saudi Arabia to pump in money.

*When I say fairer, there are inherent advantages some clubs have over others. The only way to ensure a completely fair competition would be to introduce a salary cap, but seeing as this will not happen then you can only ever work to make it fairer and not completely equal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭ratracer

It’s game day! Still my favourite fixture of the season.

IMO, there are only two real ‘derbies’ for us, the Merseyside and this one vs Man Utd. The few seasons of success of both Chelsea in the mourino era l, and more recently city, never really feel like the traditional ‘Old Enemy’ games for me. There isn’t even any great banter between mates for those.

It’s Liverpool vs Man Utd, and all of my football supporting life, regardless of which of those two teams were in the ascendency, this was the most anticipated game with the most bragging rights!

Come on you Reds, hope we tear them apart tonight, though if the wheels fall off our juggernaut, I’ll be slaughtered at work in the morning!!

'... I’ll be slaughtered at work in the morning!!'

Bit of a pandemic on the go I hear hah! has to be good for something - might need to work from home to be sure 🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,093 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Klopp is gonna have to either rotate tonight or the Everton game IMO. I've a feeling it will be the Everton game before the CL semi final, where there may be a few changes. Maybe someone like Tsimikas getting a game.

Tonight, I can see some changes up front with Jota getting a start again, possibly Bobby too. Henderson back into midfield and then Matip too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Would have taken this at the start of the season.

• Advertisement

We can rotate and still be strong enough to win both matches. Should see Firmino and Jota and one other in the front 3. Then Keita will be rested as he played both matches last week so Henderson for Keita, then maybe Thiago rested as well. Maybe Matip for Konate in defense.

Amazing that we are this strong with our squad and City are the ones who look weak once they make changes. I am sure the management team has it all in hand and will not play any players more than they can handle.

Haaland is all hype. He's a big lump, plays nothing like the way city play. Lukaku 2.0

Others score more than him in Bundesliga year after year, never even close to a golden boot.

Hope they get him. He'd not suit us at all.

His size, and growth spurt comes with injury concerns, no wonder he is demanding his injuries to be keep private, as he's more out than in., plays with aid of pain killers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I think I would go pretty much full strenght tonight and rotate for the Everton game simply down to the last few derby games where all the Everton players were interested in doing was kicking lumps out the Liverpool players.

The likes of Richarlison don't care if Everton win or not he is more interested in getting plaudits on social media from Everton fans for his over the top tackles and he also knows he won't be an Everton player next season so won't care if they go down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Fattybojangles

I'll bookmark this. He scored 41 goals in all competitions last season as a 20 year old was also champions league top goalscorer.

Looking forward to the match tonight, before I become a life long Brighton fan tomorrow evening.

Oh always laugh when some poster really takes toby serious

I wonder how much Haaland his father & Raiola are getting paid secretly through shell companies in the UAE on top of the £500k a week wages.

• Advertisement

Ask Bernardo Silva's girlfriend or Roberto Mancini

He was never league top scorer. Others always score more. That and his injuries, and his style of play would put me off him for Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Jürgen likes to throw out a mad line up for the Everton home game most seasons, reckon we'll be reasonably strong tonight and rotate then but who knows. We've a long break between tonight and Sunday.

TBF, some top continental goal scorers have come to the premiership and struggled. He looks physically well suited to the league, but he does seem to pick up a few injuries. At the figures being quoted, the is a risk that he will not be vfm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Origi start against Everton, he always plays well against them.

Alisson

Trent Matip VVD Robertson,

Henderson Fabinho Thiago,

Salah Mane Diaz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

My young lad is at the game. Said the arrival of the team bus was mental as always and United’s bus got a good reception which is great to hear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,199 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Minor foot injury keeps Bobby out. Hopefully back at weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,532 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Really surprised Jota is not getting a start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Phil Jones starting for United

We're doomed...😄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

We've gone strong and I'm not sure if United are going with a 5 at the back or putting Jones in midfield. Either way, they've a lot of passengers in that team that won't run backwards as Hassenhuttl put it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭patsy sally

Be hoping it's an easy enough night and get 3 points,but never know what could happen in these games will check back in at halftime as off training

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

This is exactly the sort of game that Liverpool raised their game for when we were shyte for ~20 years so I'm not expecting anything easy from them tonight.

3 points is all that matters....I don't care if it's jammy/flukey/ugly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,653 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

It was the same in Celtic / Rangers games when Celtic were shite. They could still pull out a result. This is a Derby so anything could happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Diaz looks so relaxed with the big smiley head on him.

He would make a great bobblehead in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭cmac2009

In comparison Phil Jones looks nervous to me. And seems quite bloated. Read an interview with him in the times a while back, been through a lot recently and seems like a decent lad, but he's really not good enough to play for any top level team any longer.

Into these quick now Liverpool. Give them nothing to hold onto.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Any kind of a win will of course do but a convincing win would be great.

Bring it on !!

And it's Live !!!

Love the big banner in the Kop.

“Imagine being us”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Someone tell Alisson the Ronaldo tribute isn’t until the 7th minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Allison you saucy minx

• Advertisement
Advertisement