Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tyson Fury v Dillian Whyte - Wembley Stadium - April 23rd

Options
  • 19-04-2022 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭Butson

Might as well have a separate thread for this one.

Fury strong favourite but the build up to the fight so far has been bizarre to say the least. Whyte never showed up to the open workout today either.

94,000 tickets sold, so will be a good occasion at least.

Fury KO in rounds 9-11

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

I just can’t see how Fury doesn’t win this pretty easily. Whyte is no better than Chisora in my opinion And not dissimilar in style so I think Fury beats him up pretty easily and stops him mid to late rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,525 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Whyte is a more stylish boxer than Chisora. Chisora is absolute crap. Whyte is not great, but faster than Chisora, taller, rangier, better jab and a better punch delivery. Whyte also has a better ring IQ.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭goldenmick

Whyte will have his chances in the first two rounds to tag Fury. He'll be fresh, quick, busy, strong and aggressive. Fury will need to be careful and use his reach to box behind the jab till he's worked out Whyte's game plan.

Beyond the third round I see Fury using his weight advantage and landing some big blows. I think he'll then win by ko, rounds 5 to 7.

Whyte is Windows XP to Chisora's Windows 95.

Fury to dance around him and finish him.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭tommybrees

Can't believe 94000 tickets sold that's immense

Fury to stroll to a points victory

• Advertisement

I bought it the other day. Anyone else bought? 30 euro on Box Office!!!😖

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭flanna01

Dillian Whyte needs to go all out for the first three rounds. Realistically, that's he's only hope.

Yup... From the opening bell, bite down hard on the gum shield & go straight into attack mode...

Faint heart never won fair maiden my friends..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

It’s an exciting fight because if Whyte were to catch Fury he is capable of stealing a ko. Lesser or comparable fighters have done well against Fury who has looked his best against Wilder and Wlad. I think Fury chooses the manner of victory. He could come out and try to roll over whyte but that gives whyte his best chance. I think it’ll be a clinic type performance and the question is how long whyte can stay with him. I fancy 8 or 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭thefallingman

I'm a fan of Fury and hope he wins but Whyte could easily catch him a big hook and knock him out he's no mug, what amazes me is how Fury is so over weight but can last the 12 rounds, and he moves aswell constantly, imagine how good he could be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shillyshilly

Whyte has a compromised chin.... TKO for Fury rds 5-7

Look, if Fury is on form, cute and clever and difficult to tag, then Whyte cannot win. Fury beats him all night…

but it’s HW boxing, where a good clean shot can end a fight. So Whyte will be dangerous.

Fury can win on points or via KO. The riskier approach for Fury would be the points/cagey/boxing route, because it means that he allows Whyte to be still there trying.

if Fury decides to get up close and fight inside, then I think he could maul Whyte.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭Butson

Yes Whyte can punch, good left hook in particular but if Fury get can up from Wilder's bombs, he can take Whyte's.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Whyte has more in his locker than Wilder tbh and Wilder put fury down a fair few times over their trilogy.

Still fancy Fury to decision him handy enough but I’d rather a Whyte KO, I think Fury has been made look a lot better by the poor standard of heavyweight we have these days. His best win is still a complete snoozefest vs an old Wladimir.

His CV is actually fairly poor for somebody of his profile, very few gatekeepers on it, never gave anybody like Povetkin, Pulev, Wach, Helenius a go. Nearly got his eye taken out by Wallin who id never heard of before then.

Whytes record impresses me more tbh, he’s fought everyone that comes looking. He may have lost to Pov and AJ but at least he hasn’t been avoiding them his whole career like Fury.

Long in short, reckon Fury should still win but I respect Whyte more as a fighter and would love to see him do the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭Butson

Fury getting lots of awkward questions on Kinahan yesterday at the workout.

Expect more today at press conference

• Registered Users Posts: 20,742 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Fury to win later stoppage but it'll be a live fight ,

People need to realise Whyte for all his limitations is never an easy fight , he is big powerful man, who hits hard & is stubborn as hell ,

He's the equivalent of playing Burnley away on a wet winters night ( in previous season's ) , Ye you should win but you'll be made to earn it ,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

I don’t really get the plaudits here for Whyte. POV iced him and he bravely fought him again when he was even older and well below par even on the night. When no one wanted wilder Fury went straight for him. Whyte pulled out of the Wallin fight. Fury would demolish the 4 you mentioned. Pulev maybe tests him on his best day.

Yep....and I really enjoyed his responses, albeit I have no time for MTK fighters.....

Doesn't always work like that. There is a lot to factor in. Type shot, impact, power etc.....the state of the fighter then to now and all that

Down 4 times in the Wilder fights.....once was from nothing more than a cuff.

Fury on the canvas for ten seconds in fight 1 from two good shots, but not dynamite shots.

Fight 3 he got hit clean and went over...Fury, if you notice, absorbed some the steam from that shot in how he had his head, chin tucked downwards. The second KD in fight 3 wasn't anything special

Point is that it all depends on circumstances. Just because you got up from some shots, doesn't mean you will again....a lot to look at

It is not at all off to think that a we placed hard and clean shot from Whyte could really do damage.

Post edited by walshb on

J

Wlad was unbeaten for a decade because every fool went over and tried to hit him with one big shot on the chin because it was once seen as his major weakness,

Fury said he was going to do the same and then surprised Wlad by out boxing him at his own game , It was absolute master class in how to get the win against Wlad , Don't be fooled Fury made it "a snooze fest " to win

Surely your taking the piss saying Fury needs to fight Marius Wach have you ever seen him fight ?

How does Whytes record impress you more ??

He lost two big fights to AVP who is 42 for god sake & AJ , then had two back & forth fights with Chisora who Fury beat with ease twice,

Losing to AVP & AJ impresses you more than beating Wald & Wilder x3 yes it's officially 2

• Advertisement

Yeah, I feel like Fury knew what he was at when he fought one dimensional Wilder and we all know that was a well past his sell by version of Wlad that he poked his way past, it wasn’t a masterclass in any sense of the word.

The rest of his record is made up of lads who let’s be honest nobody ever heard of before Fury beat them. Whyte took way more risks with the fights he took and they might not have paid off but he never seemed to take the easy route like Fury.

When nobody wanted wilder? Ortiz was schooling him in his last fight before Fury 1 until he got caught with the big right. Fury knew all he had to do was avoid that right hand and he still barely managed it.

It was a masterclass by all accounts , He went out an played Wlad game & beat him nobody manged that for 10 years ,

Fury came out of retirement to fight Wilder who everyone else has avoided like the plague , hardly he easy route is it,

Who do you rank as Whytes best win & who do rank as AJ's best win

Also on this load of scutter, Whyte got smoked once by Povetkin who you’re pretending isn’t a dangerous fighter then beat him in the return.

on your last bit I dunno where I said Whytes losses impress me more than Furys wins, I’m saying everyone else he fought impresses me a lot more. Look at the endless list of nobody’s on Furys record Outside of Wlad and Wilder. A bit of context is needed.

you seem genuinely offended by my opinion on Furys record, is that normal?

Plenty folks seem to get pissed when Fury's record is brought up...chap fighting 13-14 years and has about 32 fights......Beat two world rated fighters. Over the hill Wlad, and a not that great Wilder.

And you hear claims of him being some legend of the sport.....ATG HW.....?......One the best of his era at present, but until a few more fights between a few more fighters takes place, we won't know who is the best!

Not offend a but bemused

You said Whyte's record was more impressive, but he's lost against the only lads he fought who are world class or in the case of AVP was,

When Fury's made that world class step up he has won , so i don't get how Whyte's record is more impressive,

They both fought Dell boy twice & there was such a huge gulf in how they both performed ,

You mentioned Marius Wach as someone Fury didn't fight he is journey man , he had lost 3 of his last 5 when Whyte fought him & them two wins where both unknow Georgian lads with losing records

I reckon Wilder, Wald & Wallin would beat anyone Whyte has defeated, only fight that would be close would be Parker v Wallin

Parker is probably Whyte's best win

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Morrison J

I genuinely think Wallin v Whyte is a near 50/50 fight tbh. Wallin is no mug.

Furys best wins are Wlad, Wilder x2, Wallin, Chisora x2

Whytes best wins are Parker, Chisora x2, Povetkin, Rivas.

I'd be taking Fury's record every single day of the week tbh.

Wallin beating Whyte would not at all be a surprise. Whyte is just not that good. Has power, but he's meant to. He's a big man...

John Fury is saying Tyson will weigh in around 264 Lbs. I’d be very surprised if he is that light.

• Advertisement

He looks noticeably lighter going by pads session with him and Sugar Hill the other day

Advertisement