Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick GAA Discussion Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭lim4ev

they can't be giving debuts for the sake of it we have a few coming but this yr a little early

mulcahy I suppose was always going to start with our injuries maybe there'll be changes beforehand but I doubt it. re the future I don't think you can blame kiely and kinnerk they're there to win now and of course have an eye on the future. I'm hoping you won't be thinking them stale at 6 tomorrow evening.

getting out of munster is the first priority if we get to june we might have our full hand back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

What county are you actually from, I've seen plenty of times refer to Clare as "we"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭PeggyShippen

I'm from Parteen/Meelick. I have parents from Limerick and Clare. Id follow both teams.

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭lim4ev

I get your point my thinking is at a minimum you need 4 or 5 players in total that you can call on have we those? definitely have for the backs with Injuries we're a little light up front but if we avoid more and get out of munster we'll have them back hopefully in June plus we have a few right prospects going forward.

i understand totally it would be great if we'd 10 on the bench that we could bring in but nobody has that luxury

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭PeggyShippen

Guys I'm gone very pessimistic in my outlook for Limerick this year. I should have more trust in Kinnerk and Kiely I guess. I think Cork will win tomorrow and then Waterford will win next week and then it's down to Clare and Tipp Games. The Clare game in Ennis ....50/50. I hope Im wrong but I haven't been in a long time

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭supernova5

Lynch and couple of others out according to Rte Radio 1,

Cork by 8/9 points

• Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭billyhead

Only Flanagan is out and Casey a long term absentee. Lynch will start.

It's possible this team will age together and leave us back in the doldrums, who knows, maybe those doldrums will start tomorrow but Kiely and co. have gotten us more than i ever thought possible. I just don't think the depth is there for the changes you're talking about.

The minors got a bad beating from Cork too so this might be the best it gets for a while. I don't expect a win tomorrow, but then again, i never expect them to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 stand em up

Waterford are really the only team that if everything went well for them that could come close to Limerick. There are big question marks over the Cork defence and Tipperary are going through a transition. Clare are depending too much on Tony Kelly and do not have a strong enough squad. Galway are going through a transition and Dublin and Wexford do not have strong enough squads. Kilkenny will win Leinster but are not strong enough to win an All Ireland at the moment. Limerick may not win all the battles this year but they will win the war.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭pajoguy

Good performance but has to be put into perspective. That is a very poor cork team. Delighted with the win and the attitude was spot on.

Sounds as though Hayes tweaked the hamstring. Would be a huge loss next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Gorge worst

Mod Edit

Warning issued.

Post edited by ShamoBuc on

• Registered Users Posts: 25,726 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Watching live I noticed some of the massive spaces they were leaving for Limerick but watching it back on the Sunday Game it really showed up how terrible Cork marking was.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭C4000

Fantastic performance on Sunday which answered any questions that the poor league campaign had raised.

Not sure what Cork were at during the game. It was poor stuff from them, they looked clueless at times with players literally not knowing what to do with the ball, dwelling on it too long and getting turned over. You could feel the nervousness up in the stand.

Great skills on show from the likes of Byrnes, Hegarty and Lynch. Hegarty has this ability to beautifully control the ball into his hand, and then use his strength to see off tacklers. Byrnes showed real leadership and his long range points got Limerick up and running after a slow start - Limerick had committed too many players forward to the ruck at the throw in which allowed Cahalane to run free and set up the goal.

I thought the midfield duo were outstanding also. Will O’Donoghue won a couple of frees by pressurising Cork players into errors. Those contributions are the equivalent of a forward knocking over points.

Thought the Kyle Hayes switch, which many had speculated about, worked out well. He is a real presence up there. The defending for his goal was ridiculous. One turn out on the sideline was enough to put two Cork backs completely out of the game. A real pity that he was injured. Hopefully he just felt a twinge rather than a more serious tear.

Finn was excellent as usual and great to see Mike Casey playing as if he’d never been out. I thought Tom Morrissey struggled at times, he looked sluggish, and his striking was off. He’ll bounce back to form soon enough, but I’d like to see Cathal O’Neill start against Waterford.

Great day, and definitely worth the nine hours in the car on Sunday!

Fair play you must have travelled half the length of the country to be there

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Ian OB

Evening all, heading down to enjoy the hospitality/match on Saturday. Where is the best place for parking near the Gaelic Grounds?

Thanks

Safest bet is park in town and walk or get a local bus unless you really need to do very little walking in which case you could chance the Jetland shopping centre but they may have security on.

If some of your gang want pints i'de definitely say park in town as the only pub near the stadium will fill very fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Ian OB

Thanks for that Breezy, have used Woodies for league matches in the past alright. Wasn't sure if the likes of Na Piarsaigh would be opening their facilities to generate a few quid is all

Might be worth keeping an eye out for park and ride options too but have heard nothing so far. TUS/LIT have opened up in the past too and Tesco Coonagh Cross is an option if you try Na Piarsaigh or Woodies and can't get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭pajoguy

Na Piarsigh normally do open up.

A few cycle lanes have been segregated in the area also so that will remove a few areas. Unless people park in between the bollards....

Or just park on the road and leave the cycle lane free.

It's a little out of date as this guide was for the Kerry Mayo game but might help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Quitelife

Na Piarsaigh Clubhouse is best bet closeish to the ground if you are early before 5 for both parking and a drink. Not many other options for a drink close to ground, Woodfield House will be jammers jammers from an early stage saturday afternoon.

Other than that Park in city centre and walk out , not that far and with big crowd you wont notice it .

Woodfield were having to turn people away for some league matches so I won't be banking on it myself.

The Limerick Lawn Tennis club have started to open to the public on weekends so that might be an option for a pint.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭billyhead

Anybody hear anything about Kyle Hayes injury? Things seem to be kept watertight behind the scenes.

Word is he will be playing in goals on Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭High bike

If he has a hamstring problem I doubt very much if they'll take a chance with him for a round Robin match

• Registered Users Posts: 4,209 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

For a team that keeps everything secret... they just named the team without Hayes in it...

Limerick SH v Waterford

1. Nicky Quaid (Effin), 2. Sean Finn (Bruff), 3. Mike Casey (Na Piarsaigh), 4. Barry Nash (South Liberties), 5. Diarmaid Byrnes (Patrickswell), 6. Declan Hannon (Adare) (captain), 7. Dan Morrissey (Ahane), 8. Darragh O’Donovan (Doon), 9. William O’Donoghue (Na Piarsaigh), 10. Gearoid Hegarty (St. Patrick’s), 11. Cian Lynch (Patrickswell), 12. Tom Morrissey (Ahane),13. Aaron Gillane (Patrickswell), 14. Conor Boylan (Na Piarsaigh), 15. Graeme Mulcahy (Kilmallock)

Subs: 16. Barry Hennessy (Kilmallock), 17. Ronan Connolly (Adare), 18. Aaron Costello (Kilmallock), 19. Colin Coughlan (Ballybrown), 20. Adam English (Doon), 21. Richie English (Doon), 22. Robbie Hanley (Kilmallock), 23. Cathal O’Neill (Crecora Manister), 24. Oisín O’Reilly (Kilmallock), 25. David Reidy (Dromin-Athlacca), 26. Pat Ryan (Doon)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭einn32

Looked like he wasn't that bad from what I saw on the tv but no point in making it worse if there is an issue there. He was definitely limping.

If he doesn't play then Richie English comes in and Nash goes in to the forwards? He has played there before if I remember correctly. Management doesn't seem to want to start any of the substitute full forwards going on last week.

Yeah that could happen I suppose or Cathal O Neill could start,he did well last week when he came on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,209 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

😂😂😂 Conor Boylan is starting... it's already announced...🤦‍♂️

• Advertisement

Bit of a surprise there we'll see if that's the team o Saturday,I wouldn't bet on it though

Advertisement