Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Of course the Democrats play dirty. But the GOP don't play clean at all anymore. The GOP have a coordinated strategy to disenfranchise voters and suppress turnout, because it’s the only way they win anymore.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

When CNN of all people are saying Bidens ratings are bad well then you know something is seriously wrong.

Worse than even the Orange Monster.

Biden’s approval rating among under-30s is in the low thirties, which is unusually bad — the worst of any demographic.

The Democrats are going to be walloped in the midterms.

Post edited by MisterAnarchy on

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭ElitesTeam

It makes no sense how CNN would turn on us. Biden is the president with the most votes ever and yet only 41% apparently.

Did fox news buy out CNN????

• Registered Users Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Amazing. 'Fake news' CNN poll numbers are now correct when it suits people.

Nobody is even trying to be transparant anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,330 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Wouldn’t be surprised Faugheen. I was just thinking this morning about Clean coal. Remember clean coal? The right absolutely despised the term. Obama loved it for a while. And then Obama left office and the next guy touted Clean Coal, clean beautiful coal, and suddenly clean coal was the greatest thing since color television. CNN is only fake news until it tells them all something they like hearing, then it’s the gospel.

As I've said many times, they don't actually care as long as something is meme-worthy or if it pisses off the left.

They don't believe half the sh*te they're spouting but they know the left will dispute it and so therefore it's the most hilarious thing in the world.

Not one of them has made any coherent argument without any strong basis of fact, or they disappear for another drive-by fart to appear later on. Rinse and repeat.

Take the Clarence Thomas debacle, for example, could you imagine if this was Elena Kagan or Sonia Sotomayor? They would be up in arms. Not because they actually care about the details, but because it would stick it to the left.

A lot of reasons to be annoyed with his overall performance in office but he's just a thoroughly decent man.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Enter name here

I see lots of posters here exactly like Biden, blaming everyone else except themselves for this mess. yes Biden and his supporters like the ones here are responsible for Ukraine, but your simple minds can not fathom why. The world needs leaders not installed puppets. Yes Putin is a despicable human being, but with a strong leader in power Putin would have never dared this incursion. Enjoy your new world, on the upside at least its only going to last another 31 months before the world can return to normality. Although it must be said it will take another 12 years to fix the mess of this administration, maybe by then you can wheel out another geriatric person from the nursing home.

Lol yes of course it was those dastardly voters, choosing one septuagenarian over the other.

of course he had to invade when Biden got in because Biden blew up the Nord Stream 2 pipeline. Oh wait -

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dingaan

Ouch!! And here is his approval by issue. Shame they don't poll on 'nice man', he might actually poll well on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,970 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Biden and his supporters are responsible for Ukraine?

Well that certainly is a remedial view of anything that resembles reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,579 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Since our simple minds can't fathom why, care to explain it to us?

Remembering that Trump has publicly stated that he finds nothing wrong with what Putin is dong and actually quite admires him, so any sense that Trump would hold Putin back, or indeed hold him to account, is deeply flawed.

So part from wishing it all just to go away, as of course we all do, what specifically do you think Biden needs to be doing, or Trump would have done, to end this sorry situation?

My congressman is so hard up for good news today he’s polling his sycophants to see if they think this. It’s as embarrassing as it sounds.

“Monday Survey, agree or disagree: Russia would have never invaded Ukraine if Donald Trump had still been in office.”

Later, (he’s done this before) he will make a follow up post making the fake news that “many of the people in my district believe this so it must be true”

this is what they’re reduced to. And my Senator just keeps repeating the same post every couple days: blaming “bidens reckless policies for inflation” never a specific.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Mr_Jacko

The funny thing is most MAGA voters probably don't even own stocks or have a 401k setup for that matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Ah yes the old truth by numbers. If >50% of the classroom believe it, then it must be true.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

This position, and the statements of others in response about the societal benefits an educated population at the taxpayer’s expense are not mutually exclusive. I fully agree with Yossar above, but also would be very pleased if the US governments turned around tomorrow and said they would subsidise post-secondary (to include vocational) education for everyone starting the next school year and onwards for evermore (If they can figure out how to get the costs down, at least).

The folks with the debt have already received their education. Those who chose other routes have already started down their paths. Arguments about the societal benefits of education are irrelevant to this particular problem. Questions of equity and personal responsibility must also be factored in.

• Joseph Robinette Biden expanding more of Trump's wretched policies, and doing it in the most deplorable way imaginable...trying to hoodwink the elderly.

I believe you. Do you know how many people arrested for January 6 were found to have not registered to vote? It’s a lot.

• Advertisement

I do not, although not entirely surprised to hear that. They probably made up excuses not to bother voting "why should I vote if it's rigged!" the type of voter-fraud BS trump was spouting before the election even took place.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭J_1980

I think Biden is doing ok on foreign policy/Ukraine. It’s quite clear that American voters don’t give a fart about these issues though. Presidential approval rating is nearly 100% correlated with the “handling of the economy”.

Thats the main issue that needs fixing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Interesting link I found; where the US Senate members went to University. Cruz, Hawley, Sasse, Cotton, all went to Ivy Leagues. They're as elite as it gets. My 2d least favorite, Marsha Blackburn, got her undergrad degree in Home Economics from some Southern school. Kind of reflective in her brilliant legislative acumen, what a star she was on the science committee under Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Of course!! Trump use to relieve Putin by providing reach arounds and oral pleasuring but when Biden took over this "appeasement" stopped , Putin now very stressed , took it out on Ukraine.

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

World is suffering because of woke and leftist lol. First off woke isn't a thing and there is no left to speak of in western world

Inflation is higher because of covid and world getting back to normal.

Increased racism lol. Yeah because USA especially was bastion of race relations this past 200 years. Was it the woke left that banned black folks from entering restaurants, schools or riding at the front of buses? Sure you have detailed research on increase in racism recently..

Woke left started the war in Ukraine ok. It clearly wasn't a lunatic autocrat

Stock market has GAINED 4000 points since Trump left office but nice try.

Withdrawals, but I thought Biden was a war monger. Why would he withdraw?

Crime in the US is the lowest its been in decades. And nobdy has attacked the capitol in past year lol

Jackson was the most qualified person to ever to be nominated to supreme Court in the US. Same certainly can't be said for Barrett or Kavanagh

Yes we really need an ultra far right nationalist who is financially bankrolled by Putin in charge of the strongest military force in the EU. I can't imagine anything would go wrong there...

Have any anti woke folk been heard from as that have tanned their testicles to save manhood? I was told that was a real issue, that none of those ‘pussy woke liberals’ care about. I didn’t think Joe Biden would be seriously accused by people of lowering peoples testosterone but apparently that’s where we are? I don’t feel like these folks would have come up with this solution if the election had gone the other way.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dingaan

Sounds like you source your news from the lefties on this thread which is usually a mix of a link to some random Twitter hack, obscure websites (I imagine they spend their time refreshing Google searches for dirt), and their own inaccurate interpretation of events.

My advice is to broaden your horizon a bit. Don't look for opinions here. Check out the statistics and facts of the particular issue, and then engage in some self thought. You'll find that most of your response is BS. Have a good day!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Why don’t you actually try to refute the points? Your answer is “do your own research”, it’s a pointless contribution on a discussion forum.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

because research and googling is for liberals apparently

• Advertisement

Advertisement