Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BAD CREDIT RATING

• 30-03-2022 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi

I am Looking for help in the right direction

I have a bad credit rating due C/C Government levy that never received card & disputed this

took about 6 months to resove.

I eventually paid & they applied late paymetn fees & now showing on my credit report.

I have requested this to be removed by the ccr & vendoe & refused

I have also logged a complaint with the financial Ombudsman. - Waiting on up date.

€108.00 for a couple of hudred thousand.

We are both on + side of 40 & time of the essence.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Niamh on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭GM228

Weather you actually had or used the CC or not, the first question is did you sdt up a CC account and if so what was the credit limit?

Next question, assuming the above is yes and you didn't close the account within the relevant tax year then you are liable for the stamp duty irrespective of actual use of a physical card, and in such a case if you didn't pay that stamp duty on time then the financial institution is correct* to repot any late payment or arrears to the CCR.

*Well that depends on how you answer the first question.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Before we start making any assumptions, can you please explain the state of the debt: have you now fully paid of the debt including the late fees etc so there is no amount outstanding, so do the late fees etc remain unpaid?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Tara1975

hI

Yes debt fully paid there were no transacions on the card only Gov levy + int on the gov levy €120.00

vendor agreed to discount as they didn't do what i asked - as in credit limit was not enought to transfer debt from 1 card to another & ive cleared the

original debt is paid now, it is just causing hassel trying to get mortgage & crc report is causing problems on paper we can get a mortgage but on the crd report looks like bad debt.

What i dont get is this was a issue not addressed in the begining, by the vendor €120.00 V's Mortgage for a couple of hundred grand

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

So the bottom line seems to be that there is still €120.00 outstanding on the account and if that is the case, it will continue to be reported as such until you settle the debt. Financial institutions are obliged by law to report debt that falls within the rules of the act and the financial ombudsman will not require them to do otherwise.

The debt will remain on the CCR report until such time as it is settled, that means you paid it off or you convince the card company to formally accept that there is not debt to settle, not just that it is written off. But given that what you are asking for - the company to swallow the government taxes, I suspect that will require a bit of a battle. If as you say time is of the essence, then the path of least resistance would be to settle the debt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

You have the right to place an explanatory note on your CCR record via the CCR website. Some potential lenders may take it into account but there is no guarantee.

Also you should be aware that even if you settle the debt that it will still appear on your CCR record for a further 5 years.

Advertisement