Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CLERICAL OFFICER 2022

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭crinkley

if I was you I would keep going until the end and you get a managers name and call them and confirm what the hybrid position is. That commute 5 days a week is brutal, 2 days a week with the opportunity of signing up to mobility and putting up with it for 2 years I think is worth it. No one is going to force you to force you to take this. Don’t put yourself out of the running yet

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Nicbuc

Got expression of interest email today. I’m in 1200’s in Dublin 😱

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Maripepe

Hi everyone, does anyone know if my referee needs to be my manager, or this could be another colleague from my team?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Hfelloni

Any news ? I got expression of interest today ! Whatever that means 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55 ✭✭Kas2010

Thank you for your replies. I'm going for it. I'm thinking it's a short term loss for a long term gain. I think it'll be a great opportunity for me and I will learn new skills. Hopefully after a year I can get something closer to home.

Thank you all and best of luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 midlands091315

I think it’s worth it for the long run and bigger picture because of the job security, pension, incremental pay increase each year, opportunities for promotion, flexi time etc. Very few places do you get guaranteed pay rises. Put your name on the mobility list as soon as you start and with a bit of luck you might be lucky to have blended working which might help a bit. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ladz

Guys do any of you know has the procedure changed, I mean initially I was told as vacancies arise the next in oom would be interviewed. However on here someone has only just been told they are under consideration for a position & they were in the teens in oom. I'm 91 & I've been called for interview next week, there's hardly that many vacancies or people who didn't qualify at interview!?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 NellyNull

@ladz you have to factor in people not passing interview, people turning down jobs they may have been offered plus the amount of vacancies that need to be filled depending on county of choice. In addition this panel is open for a year until December so alot can happen in space of few months. I'd say people are being offered positions by OOM. Who is to say someone at OOM 60/70 hasn't been offered a position - we only see snippets on here. Good luck with interview

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

it can be a colleague, technically your manager is your colleague too.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Frostie24

No, I don't think they could have that many vacancies, but being called for interview is not an offer of a position, it is only building a panel. It would depend on how many higher on the panel than you, were still interested or passed interview etc.

The process is supposed to be fair and transparent, so they cannot change the rules, without causing uproar. Merit is Merit.

So goodluck with interview.

Keep us posted!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Dorcelliny

Could I ask anyone who has done pre-employment checks if these were hard copies or all online? Specifically the Garda clearance one. Thank you.

@Dorcelliny all online. No hard copies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭applejunkie

Does anyone know what number they are at for clearance for the Dublin panel please ?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Darth-1999

Hi applejunkie, no idea myself still waiting to hear I’m in the 800’s, myself we shouldn’t be to long I’d imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭honeyjo

Hi

I'm in the 1100's in Dublin. I've been called for interview next week. I'd be grateful for any help or tips for the interview

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Lisaod

Does anyone know what number their calling in Mayo? Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 7 nrt

I just got an email for the stage 2 expression of interest for Co. Dublin! My result for Dublin was in the 1300s, so I'm a little surprised since I was in the 300s in the Cork panel. I would have assumed with the difference, Cork would have come first - but makes sense with the demand in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 dealzer

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Frostie24

Hi NellyNull Have you heard any thing since?

That seems a long time from March

Keep us posted, and Good Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭chrissb8

Just as it was mentioned above, I am one of the people who had the chance to interview but did not as I got another job. I would imagine there will be people similar to me.

• Advertisement

@Frostie24 I was contacted to ask if my references could be contacted and both references were contacted and have sent back their forms so once again its a waiting game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭Caoimhe2

Hi has anyone any idea what number they have called so far for Meath please

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Jane2021

Anyone know what OOM Cork is on? Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Moniaczek

Hi guys.

I am new to this page. Had my interview 2weeks ago and passed my interview. Would anyone know what number of panel have been offered for job position for Co Dublin for Clerical Officer( I am 865 position on the panel).

Thanks a mill !!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Moniaczek

Thank you.

Have they sent you yet any forms to fill in ?

no forms just yet still waiting to hear, even tho I’ve passed my interview, hopefully won’t be to long now

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭WHIreland

2 questions guys.

They havnt told me where in my county the position they are offering me is, I obviously want to know this as a previously filled out a preference form I don't want to contact references depending.

Also, can my reference in my previous employerment be a manager rather than my boss boss?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 MoSan

I'm in late 500's, had my interview start of March and haven't received anything to fill out for garda clearance, etc yet. Don't know what way its been run this year as there is some people in my office who done their interview weeks before others and the later interviewees have been contacted to say they are under consideration for a role while the earlier interviewee has heard nothing 🤷‍♀️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ladz

Guys, for CS interview this year were ye asked any questions about the civil service, like the structure of it etc? Had council interview & was asked loads about local authority.

Advertisement