Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,254 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

What a sad little existence if that's what motivates you

• Registered Users Posts: 19,360 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Do they not realise that they are being drawn into a culture war. Banning books, fighting over masks, boycotting Disney, or battling "wokeism" or whateverthe** that's supposed to be.

Heaven forbid they should focus on homelessness, poverty, health care, bail reform, minimum wage, infrastructure, education standards, taxation. This is the stuff politics should be focused on. Not on whether there is a war on "men being men".

If you can't already see, take a step back and then do so. It is utterly, utterly ridiculous.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

The GOP have absolutely nothing else though.

They can't make it about the Economy or Healthcare - Not because the Democrats are doing a good job (they aren't , even if a large chunk of the economic problems are global and not the fault of US policy) but because the GOP have absolutely nothing to put forward as an alternative apart from the standard "Is there anything to be said for another tax cut for the super-wealthy).

So they go for irrelevant meaningless insignificant crap like "CRT in schools" (when it isn't and never will be) because an angry frightened GOP voter is the best voter as far as they are concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,330 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

CRT and Pedophobia. The party of Hastert! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Mr_Jacko

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Mr_Jacko

Don't you worry my family which is basically half American has always voted for Democrats.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,078 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Border security, energy security and crime, all have arguably gotten worse under Biden, so there will be plenty to mine there

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 16,774 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

arguably? by all metrics they have gotten worse.

and that's due to terrible policy.

crime...lets defund the police. but by all accounts that never happened?

bail reform...lets let all the violent criminals out on bail so they can victimise more people. that never happened.

border security....well they were using whips and that harkens back to slavery so lets let everyone in so we don't offend anyone.

energy security...lets close down the pipelines that brings energy efficiently thats near enough being carbon neutral. tis better to import it inefficiently from some dodgy places.

has he had 1 good policy?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,264 ✭✭✭Cody montana

What pipelines were shut down?

The USA has always imported oil.

here's a vid i came across from maybe 15-20 years ago (maybe longer)... has anything changed, or is this still true? prob better suited to its own thread, rather than here in fairness. i wanna know the difference between the right and the left, what the actual fundamental differences are, and prob more importantly, the common beliefs.

• Advertisement

i think that was a pipeline from canada down to the US. what do you reckon is better for the environment: importing gas from canada, or brining energy in from saudi arabia? not to mention how they behead homesexulas and journalsits. the sooner that kingdom runs out of oil the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,264 ✭✭✭Cody montana

You think???

You don’t even have the basics correct.

It was Canadian tar sands(the worst)being shipped into Texas and then onto China for processing.

And you think that’s environmentally friendly?

The USA has always imported millions of barrels of oils from countries all around the world.

Seeing as you’re so concerned about the environment, I’m guessing you’re backing Joe’s green deal?

maybe i'm wrong, but did joe not sign an order resulting in the US becoming reliant on energy imports?

was the US ever self sufficient for their energy wants? and if so, why not now?

no. so gas and oil needs to be used. why use it from a country that kills homesexuals. personally i would use it from the US or canada.

at the very least it doesn't make financial sense,

maybe it does?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,127 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

It's unreal, there's really nothing to talk about besides his Biden is doing with Ukraine issue so the Trump lovers come up with horse crap and made up stuff.

Like could you not just have a bit of patience and wait for a genuine issue to attack. Is it that you are afraid that's never going to happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,127 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

If that's at me I'll just remind you in case you aren't aware, unless you have a link to a real media source I won't be looking at it. I don't click on YouTube, Twitter or any other social media links.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

None of those are policies, they’re talking points used by Fox News to make people afraid to vote for the Democrats.

Biden said categorically he didn’t want to defund the police.

Can you point to the legislation Biden signed on bail reform?

The people with whips on horses were Texas Border Patrol. Their commander in chief is the Governor of Texas, who’s a Republican.

No pipelines were shut down. A plan for a pipeline that was an environmental disaster was cancelled. Biden has tried to improve energy independence by funding renewables AND forcing the oil companies to use the drilling permits they have.

In summary, you haven’t a clue what you’re talking about. Here’s a list of the current administration’s legislative priorities. Why don’t you try attacking them first?

Then you can look at some stuff he’s actually done

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

both parties rely talking points and creating fear about the other side , the dems create fear that the reps will do all kinds of racist things or are working for the russians. At this stage though the reps have been given more than one open goal.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Zero time for both side-ism.

It's just plain lazy and it's also wrong.

If you can't differentiate, then maybe practice that skill before trying to debate any matter which requires the minimum amount of attention to detail.

• Advertisement

Please list the things that the left are creating that threatens your way of life

I dont how your question relates to what I posted?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Which open goals are they?

Any comment on the substance of my post? The list of “policies” I was replying to were nonsense. Wouldn’t you agree?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

comparing Biden to Trump, the southern border will appear less secure and more leaky to illegals now , so that is a policy difference that cant be a vote winner for Dems. Biden is weaker on energy security , banning /restricting exploration on gov. lands , cancelling a pipeline, sends a message that dems are happier to see "gas" prices rise with plenty of quotable "buy a tesla you muggles"

To quote your post

"both parties rely talking points and creating fear about the other side"

So I reiterate, Please list the things that the left are creating that threatens your way of life

still missing the connection, Im talking about the R's and D's in the US, Im not american and dont live there, so I dont have any fears about my way of life being threatened.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Except none of what you said is actually true though.

That is the point being made.

The Border isn't "less secure" or "leaky" , it's people not understanding what the word "apprehension" means - Increased apprehensions at the border means more people are being stopped not that more people are getting through. With the exception of 2020 during Covid lockdowns the numbers at the border increased every year under Trump supposed "crackdown" . What you have now is a bubble caused by the Covid restrictions lifting globally.

Biden isn't "weaker on energy security" , he cancelled a pipeline that didn't yet exist and was not going to be carrying oil for the US anyway (it was exclusively being built to bring Canadian crude oil to the gulf coast for export only) and he is refusing to give the Oil Companies even more drilling licenses when they are already sitting on thousands and thousands of drilling licenses that they aren't using yet so the idea that not giving them more land to hoard and do nothing with is somehow impacting "energy security" is nonsense.

there's only one party who supported a president who was impeached twice.

there's only one party who railed against science when COVID hit the US.

there's only one party who have no policies to speak from regarding their platform for the next election.

there's only one party who use immigration as a tool to whip up racism.

there's only one party who strongly support the gun lobby.

there's only one party who has been extremely supportive of Russia's behaviour in Ukraine.

there's only one party who refuse to accept that Trump lost the 2020 election.

there's only one party who whipped up hysteria leading to the January 6 riots.

It is disingenuous to allege both parties act similarly.

Trump basically scared people into not even trying it, Biden's messaging is weaker. Even CNN has headlines talking about "record surges", so it will be vote loser for the Dems

• Advertisement

The Dems are worse then Rep on this, only the Dems try to frame half the country as racists. I actually cant think of another country where voting for one of the two major parties is implied to mean you are a bad person. Even the brits dont go that far.

Advertisement