Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,922 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I haven't either but keep meaning to as everyone I know enjoyed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Love Derry girls, got into it late as I'd missed the first season but watched it over a couple of nights before the second season launched. Looking forward to seeing this one now, missed it last night but will watch it later tonight.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I really liked the first series, but definitely found the second one a bit weaker. Will have to watch the new episode tonight and see how it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭BK5

You're dead right there! 😄

Has anyone ever said something like "only 90 days to Christmas" or "I ordered some decorations online (when it's the middle of July)" and a non Elf has just looked at you like you've ten heads?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It’s weaker again than season 2. Still a half decent watch tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I thought it was much stronger than season 2, loads of genuine laugh out loud moments, for me anyway!

Watching it now, have to admit finding it quite funny.

edit.

Loved the 'guest star' that scene was brilliant.

Post edited by DvB on
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Morning all

Happy Friday (for those of luck enough to get Easter off) 😀

Going to see an Easter buddy with the kids tomorrow and then going for some lunch. Looking forward it. Not quite seeing Santa however the kids will have a blast and nice to know 4 days off work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭tscul32

Forgot to watch Derry Girls on Tuesday so will catch up over the weekend.

Have family coming over for dinner on Sunday so it'll be like Christmas again 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Going to my sister's on Sunday and we're having Turkey and Ham 🎉🎄

• Advertisement

That's what we're cooking too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,020 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭pigtail33

I bought a Turkey crown today too and half the Christmas ham is still in the freezer, so that'll get cooked on Sunday. There will even be stuffing, all that will be missing is the sprouts!

I'm doing roast beef and yorkshire puddings for Easter Sunday. Fish and chips tomorrow and a chinese takeaway for Saturday. Bring on the weekend! 😋

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

My song of choice in the shower this morning was randomly Fairytale of New York.

Easter always has a mini Christmas vibe about it.

off work for the next 5 days as well. I’m very excited :)

Heading off to Dublin Airport in a bit... wish us luck!!!

Easter dinner for us will be an Indian!! Looking forward to it already, am off until Monday week too so this will be my longest break this year until Christmas itself.

Have a great Easter y'all!!

Enjoy your trip. Safe travels. Hope Dublin airport wasn’t too bad!

Happy Easter everyone! 🙂

Happy Easter all, hope everyone is enjoying the time off. Had a nice relaxing couple of days so far, walk this morning and afternoon of chocolate!!

Happy Easter to you all from a very rainy Cork.

• Advertisement

Happy Easter from a gloriously sunny Yorkshire...

Haha, glad it’s nice for you - have a lovely break 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭gidget

Happy Easter all, bought myself a Daim Easter egg, so looking forward to tucking into that after a Sunday roast dinner later.

Nice enough in dublin too, white cloud but no rain and not particularly cold.

Just overbaked my lemon meringue cake 😟 Had the timer set but then started hoovering 😡 It's very dark but not quite too burnt. Will still be eaten though, cream and lemon curd/passionfruit filling should sort it out.

Happy Easter everyone, hope you all have a great one!

A very happy weekend for me personally as my Dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer a few weeks ago, it was caught really early and he was brought into the Mater last Monday to have it removed.

The happy bit is he was home by Tuesday and there hasn't been a bother on him all week since, so if he's happy then the rest of the family are happy. Big relief for us all to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭jellybear

Happy Easter all!

@BK5 your poor family, that must have been an awful shock. I'm delighted surgery went well and he's home and hopefully enjoying plenty of chocolate today!!

We're having Turkey, ham etc. I eventually got the Easter decorations upstairs night.

We finally took the Christmas oil cloth off the table ☺

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭DenMan

Happy Easter everyone!

• Advertisement

Currently at the Seaside.

Not the best day for it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Happy Easter one and all 🐣🍫

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭Jude13

I was back in Dublin for a few hours over the weekend and had a good few flights (too many) which always getting me thinking of Christmas. Heathrow reminded me of love actually and long flights in general where I end up shuffling songs and listening to a few bars of Christmas music. Anyway it reminded me to check in. I hope all is well in Christmas forum land.

Good to hear they caught it early and your Dad seems to be making a full recovery.

Same happened to my Dad. Picked up early as part of a health check up for his life assurance, had the Op and made a full recovery. That was in his early 60's and he'll be 77 this year and still going as strong as ever.

Good to hear from you Jude. You've been missed.

Hope you and the family are all keeping well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Belated Happy Easter everyone! I finished work last Wednesday & I try not to be online when I'm off.

We had a very sedate Easter thanks to Round 2 of Covid hitting the house 😥 Mr. CL came home on Thursday evening with a cough - big whopping positive from him. Tested everyone else & the littlest elf has it too. Myself & Elf 1 had it two months ago so Elf #2 is the last man standing in this house. Testing us all every day now to be on the safe side. In good news though, they are not sick. If my husband hadn't been coughing, I probably wouldn't have realised that the toddler had it as she has no symptoms at all.

Also meant that my birthday on Friday was a pretty quiet affair too - birthday #3 in isolation...I'm having one heck of a celebration next year 🤣

Happy belated birthday Cheerlouth. Covid hit me on day 1 of my 2 week leave, and my OH the second week. Just fever and lack of energy.

My youngest was singing Feliz Navidad for a week of our holiday, she thinks those words are hilarious.

Sorry to hear that CL. Hope all recover quickly. Belated happy birthday as well.

Both my parents are just finishing their isolation tomorrow. My Dad was due to go into hospital last week for a minor op and had a test before hand. He couldn't believe it when it came back positive, he has had no symptoms at all. My Mum was a bit poorly for a couple of days however seems to be Ok now.

She was joking, that we ruined Christmas and they ruined Easter 😂

Fingers crossed everyone bounces back quickly. Even though we had covid after Christmas wouldn't be surprised if we caught it again after out airport experience over the weekend. I have genuinely never seen Dublin Airport as busy, there was people everywhere with it impossible to find any space, sincerely hope its improved before our next trip there on Christmas eve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Was it mental?! Yikes! I'm genuinely surprised that I havent' caught it off the toddler yet, she is literally my shadow, permanently hanging out of me, slobbering all over me etc. I can only assume that she has the same strain that we had in Feb & therefore, we have some more immunity to it!

@DvB I can echo that, I was over covid and had to travel to Dublin and back in a day and then do the same trip as week later. I had to to 16 hours (ish) flying in 24 hours on two occasions. I was terrified I would catch it again. Dublin airport wasn't great on the first trip, heathrow was mental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Dublin airport was insane last weekend. Everywhere was jammed.

Another nice start here.

Welcome to hump day!

I have strong Christmas spirit this week and my OH is feeling it too...thats sounds weird now that I re-read it. Anyway, we are putting together a plan for this Christmas, things we want to do, things we need replaced etc. We have my folks visiting and I think I will take the week after Christmas off.

• More baking and arts and crafts with the kids
    • New outside lights
    • A second small Christmas tree for the kids to decorate as they like.

Great to hear that an early detection meant your Dad recovered well @TRS30, that has helped me be even more positive for him so thank you very much. I spoke to him last night and he's in good form, I think he's very relieved he hasn't been too bad since the op.

249 days to go on the Countdown, I'm sorry but was it not only last week that there was 300 days to go?? 🤔😊🎅

Well we're into the 240's now!

Well have the May Bank Holiday, Eurovision(I know), then the June Bank Holoday and a few days later it will be 199 days to go!(Whilst the weather will be getting better)(Hopefully).

Feels like summer is just around the corner and once summer is over and Sept comes, we are into full build up!!

Havent worn a jacket to work the last 2 days. Definite sign that summer is on the way.

• Advertisement
Advertisement